Fitting new Honda lights both sides a day new type r grille with red surround - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By FergyCiv

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 16th March 2019, 11:34 Thread Starter

Fitting new Honda lights both sides a day new type r grille with red surround

Hi ... I’ve just joined in hope someone can help me ?? How long would it take a mechanic of 30 yrs to take out and fit new lights both on front and new Honda mesh grille type r sports replacing the clear plastic !! I know the number has to come off and unckip side arches a little etc !!! Put in new headlights and fit bulbs high powered leds GT ultra from power bulbs online !!! How long would this take a mechanic of 30 yrs !!!! Not Honda main dealer / just a competent mechanic 👍thanks as I think I’ve been overcharged in hours !!! Thanks very much ... Honda Civic type s gt 09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 16th March 2019, 11:49
Supporter

No more than an hour and a half I would imagine. Took me (not a mechanic) around 45 mins to replace my front grille. Dropped front bumper etc. Very easy

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Farqui and Das like this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 16th March 2019, 12:18 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Cheers fergy !!!! Well I have been charged for front lights both new in and front grille new bulbs .....power bulbs with canbus and 2 shocks front plus 2 drop links both front and both front pads !!!! 15 hours = £600

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 16th March 2019, 15:47
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 4,114 Times in 3,811 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Wow, 15hrs!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 16th March 2019, 16:25
Supporter

15hrs? That's crazy for that. I done new shocks, top mounts and drop links in an hour a side. Yes a bit longer than a mechanic but that was on my drive crazy

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 16th March 2019, 16:50 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

cheers fergy !!!! So you done shocks link and top mounts ... 1 hour a corner 👍thanks mate ........ how long you reckon
Fitting new lights both front new grille and bulbs in all lights at front and indicators plus clip one new fog light in bulbs with canbus in all and fogs !!! 2 1/2 hrs dyou reckon for that !! Honda said about that ?? You seem
Pretty knowledgeable
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 16th March 2019, 16:57 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

To
My mate fergy ...... what you reckon for new light casings on front and grille bulbs gt ultra led’s with canbus .... fog bulbs indicators dip -main ...x2 shocks x2 drops x2 pads left and right front and rear clear lights in centre panel .. type R .... plus all
Philips leds canbus In all bulb holes in back of car ???? See if you come up with what I thought and also main dealer have said when I contacted them to get a reference of how many hours labour !!!! I’d bought all parts my self off coxmotorsport ... see what you say !!! All your fergy ?? 👍👍👍🐝
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 16th March 2019, 17:02
Das
i-Vtec

Car: 2009 1.8 ES
Garage
15 hours? LoL, I think you need to have a word with trading standards about that one.

I agree with FergyCiv an hour a side to do springs and drop links should be more than doable for a competent mechanic. Baring in mind he will have air tools and a ramp to make everything easier.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 16th March 2019, 17:14 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Yeah your right das .... it was on ramp and he has a pit as well in there ....... yeah I wa shocked but payed it confused !!!! And I give him £20 extra for doing lights etc he may not like doing ..... I’ve already sent quite a few huge long texts ... he prob turn phone back on Monday / work phone !!! Yeah I’m
Only paying £300 or £320 max max ... I wo t the clear lights put in at the back and all bulbs in all holes across the back of car !! For 300or £320 max ... he’s £40 cash per hour ..... rear clear light was fitted but then he realise now fog light mounting .... on type R post O9 fog is in break light !!! So they put my old normal back !!! Yes I found out they could of put a red bulb in one of the reversing lights as single reverse is legal and one for fog !!!! So I’m getting £300 back 👍👍already told him in texts !!! He’s a nice guy but must of struggled with the wiring on canbus thjngys!!!! I’ll get the £300 and it’ll be a new mechanic as things will change after that / the relationship will be sour !!!!! I’m 6ft 3 + 16st ..... I’m having it back
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 16th March 2019, 17:15 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Cheers gas 👍👍and old mr fergy 👍👍you lot reckon he’s 8 hours out
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 16th March 2019, 18:18
Supporter

Car: FN2 CTR & Si both Milano Red
Garage
I'd say you got done for 2x what it should have taken.
As far as I know there's nothing out of the ordinary on the 8G that would take so much longer than any other car.
Wasn't an ex-BMW or Merc mechanic was he?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 16th March 2019, 20:34 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Your completely right there Wilmo ..... yes it’s doubled your correct !!!! Actually he’s term served on Volvo I think from apprentice !!! Lol .... bound to be a joke coming from that !!! But yeah he worked for Volvo for years years ago !!!! Yeah doubled your right wilmo 👍👍💰time to get £300 back
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 17th March 2019, 09:30 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

👍👍
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 17th March 2019, 10:05
Supporter

Yup I agree.

I reckon double labour was charged. Ridiculous if you ask me. Nothing was too complicated there, with air tools, ramp and a pit. As well as 30 years experience. That should be relatively straight forward for him to do.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Styling (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page