2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Spoiler or no spoiler?

4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  RogS 
#1 ·
I'm leaning towards getting a spoiler for my Civic (the Honda one).

I personally think it makes a big difference to the look of the car. What do others think and should I get it?

#3 ·
The only thing I reckon you get with the 'standard' extra spoiler is that it comes 'colour coded', and that's nice!

If you want the real look go for the 'R' one.

I do believe tho' that it isn't really designed to fit the 5 door!

"Who are these kids, and why are they calling me Dad?"

Charles H.

#7 ·
Thanks for the replies! It would be the standard lip spoiler as advertised by Holdcroft Honda and it would be Cosmic Grey.

If the TypeR one was available then that would be the one for me, but at the price it would be and the fact that fitting wouldn't be straight forward on a 5 door, the lip spoiler is my only realistic choice.

I think it looks good but want other people opinions befor emaking a final decision.

#9 ·
I think the 'standard spoiler' tidies up the rear of the car slightly on the lighter colours, but I am not sure whether it would stand out sufficiently on the Cosmic. I ordered mine from Holdcroft and they were extremely friendly and helpful. If you are ever in their area, it might be an idea to see if they could rest it on your car to see how it looks.
The Type R spoiler would be more obvious, but a word of caution. Even the standard spoiler cuts down your view out of the rear window, god knows how much you can see out with a Type R spoiler there.:confused:

Attachments

#10 ·
Thanks foggy. The Type R spoiler would be excellent but I'm guessing it would cost a fiar bit more than the one you have. I'm not too fussed about the rear visability being impaired as I think its rubbish anyway, thank god for parking sensors!

I'll give them a ring now (if I can find the number) and see what happens.

#11 ·
Well, spoiler should be here by end of the weeks.

Thanks Holdcroft Honda!

#18 · (Edited)
Is it a Honda orginal Type-R one for the 5d?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.