Removing front skirts? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th March 2016, 12:04 Thread Starter

Car: 2012 1.8Sport 5d (demo pack)
Removing front skirts?

Hi,

When I got my car it had been used as demo car, so it had a so-called "demo pack" which included the front skirts.

Now after some years I hit the front bumper in a kerbstone at a parking lot and one of the the front skirts cracked (the only thing I hate about the car is that the front bumper is really low). Of course I was lucky to have them, as they protected the bumper and it didn't event get a scratch.

I'm now wondering if I should replace the broken skirt or remove them completely. As the replacement would mean that I need to buy a pair that costs quite a lot, I'm thinking of just removing them. Anyone know how easy that would be?

I checked that they're attached with two "clips" at the bottom, but also glued. So I took the clips out and tried to pull the skirt but the glue seems to be quite strong. Does anyone know what type of glue they use if the skirts are factory installed? Would I just break the whole bumper if I try to remove them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th March 2016, 18:47
mmmm bacon

Car: 2008 2.2 i-CTDi 5 dr, NHB
Photos? If its what I'm thinking, you may have to remove the bumper to gain access to all of the clips, but I'm not 100% sure on that
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th March 2016, 19:12 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebab legs View Post
Photos? If its what I'm thinking, you may have to remove the bumper to gain access to all of the clips, but I'm not 100% sure on that
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I haven't been posting enough, so I can't attach any photos or links yet. But you can find them e.g. from Cox Motor Parts as "Genuine Honda Civic 5 Door Front Skirts-2012>"

http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genui...12-p-1227.html (EDIT: fixed the link as I made a couple of more posts)

Last edited by lari; 18th March 2016 at 19:23. Reason: link fix
Thanks to lari from:

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th March 2016, 19:22 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Oh, and I have the 2012 (9G) model. I had forgotten to update my profile, so it still said that I have 2010 (8G) model. Hope that didn't confuse you (this is 9G area though).

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Styling (9G)

Tags
bumber , front & rear skirts , skirt , skirts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page