Rear mundguard clips - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 27th January 2017, 13:52 Thread Starter

Question Rear mundguard clips

Hi everyone, just got my first honda civic and have decided to install the mudguards. The front ones were a piece of cake as everyone says. The rear ones seem a bit trickier. Do you really need to remove the 3 clips holding the carpet up in order to install. I guessing this is so you can put your hand down inside and then press down when installing the clip on the mudflap. Has anyone done it without pressing down from behind or any other tips gratefully received. Also how do the clips remove , I guessing its just sufficient force on the inner screw type bit but if there is a release catch i cant see it anywhere. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 1st February 2017, 19:33
Supporter

Car: 2016 1.8 Sport Orchid White
Sorry for late response.
The clips come out by levering the inner one out- this is an expander for the outer part of the clip ( like a plastic wallplug),and then the outer part is free to come out.
I fitted the mudflaps a few months ago, and tried without removing the 3 clips in the destructions, then found one of the replacements a pig to refit, so ended up doing it the proper way-- I think.

Sorry can't be more help, I don't remember having problems, and did the lot without removing wheels with the aid of stubby and right angle screwdrivers.
Thanks to bill ericay from:
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2017, 10:10

Car: Civic 1.6 i-DTEC 2015
From memory, I had to squeeze my fingers inside the bottom of the bumper/wheelarch to push down on the panel so that the inner bit of the clip would locate in the sleeve part and not just push it up. Can't recall exactly how I did it, sorry.
Thanks to Oldandconfused from:

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 5th February 2017, 21:25

I had the same problem. My Tourer had been in for a towbar fitting. When I got it back I had a good poke around where they'd been working (my OCD evident here!!) and noticed that one of the mudflaps was loose.......the clip hadn't been located properly.
From memory I think I lined all the holes up using a philips screwdriver.......and then managed to squeeze all the layers together (mudflap, bumper, arch trim and felt wheel arch liner!) using a pair of long nosed pliers. Once lined up and squeezed together......I slid out the screwdriver and replaced with the clip.......simples.......not!!😳
Cheers!
Barney

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Styling (9G)

Tags
mudflaps , mudguards

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page