4Likes
  • 1 Post By chasw
  • 1 Post By Xa4cornelis
  • 2 Post By Haltamer

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10th March 2019, 20:33 Thread Starter
Feeling sound!

Car: 2015 Civic Sport 1.8, 5 Door
Thumbs up White 9th Gen Civic Sport Suggestions Please!

Good evening all,

Returning old member here (originally had a Civic Type R FN2 when I went to a couple of meets with the club). I''m back and a 3 year owner of my white Civic 9th gen sport (only just got around to returning here as I'm now looking at giving it a bit of a face lift.

First off, any of you got any with custom alloys? Looking for ideas on what alloys suit this shape car. Was thinking about getting a nice set of white multi spoke but haven't begun looking yet.

Also, what other modifications have people done to their Civics? Anything small like interior to anything big like after market kits and mechanical modifications?

Lastly, when I first purchased the car from Honda 3 years ago I searched regarding the ***** android head unit the cars come with as standard. Anyone successfully unlocked this yet to install your own apps and what not or is it still like a vault that Honda aren't releasing the key for? If still a vault, have any of you got any after market head units with custom, non-Honda android apps installed? If so, mind letting me know which?

:: Edit ::

Thinking about slapping some white Bola alloys on, like these:

Thoughts?

Regards,

Taylor.

Last edited by Tayl; 10th March 2019 at 20:44.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10th March 2019, 21:39

Car: 2016 Civic Tourer auto
Hi. If you have a look in the "how to" part of the 9g forum you can add 3rd party apps using Haltamer's guide. The procedure summary is great. There is also the XDA Developers website but it is a lot of pages to read.

Good luck.
Haltamer likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10th March 2019, 21:48
Dutch

Car: 2015 Sport 1.6 sporty blue
Garage
Welcome back!

I Made a few upgrades to my 9g sport, check my mod thread
Haltamer likes this.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10th March 2019, 22:39
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
As above, have a quick look at the guide - You can get after market apps on the headunit with a little jiggling.
XA4's thread is probably the best inspiration you'll get!

For modifications, there's K&N Panel filters about for all models now AFAIK, which is always a good start for a little added vroom noise; I've just installed Acuity shifter bushings which have markedly improved feel and function of the shifter too.

Lighting wise, some OSRAM T10 LED bulbs for the front map lights, dome light, boot light and numberplate lights are a good start (6 Needed in total!)
From there, LED Reversing lights are another easy improvement.
If you don't mind MOT Implications, you can fit HID bulbs into the projectors without issue (No blinding as they're projectors) - HIDs also work nicely in high beams if you are willing to sacrifice a second or so warmup time - They focus well with the reflectors unlike LEDs, and greatly increase light on the road VS halogens.

Inside, door sill plates if you haven't got the optional extras; A skunk2 Gearknob also looks nice and makes shifting even more effortless.

As for aftermarket wheels, I'm never quite sure - The original Argons I've got look a perfect fit for the car, but once fitted Rotas etc. do have a nice aesthetic:
Xa4cornelis and Farqui like this.
Thanks to Haltamer from:

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Styling (9G)

Tags
9th , civic , custom , white

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page