1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lucas_Doel

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 9th May 2019, 13:41 Thread Starter

Car: 2016 Civic Sport (Facelift)
Garage
Question Mud Guards with colour coded wheel arches

Hi,

Has anyone attached mud guards to their 9th gen Civic (or Civic Sport) where the wheel arches are colour coded to match the bodywork? I'm thinking of gettting some, but they only appear to sell the dark grey from what I can see looking around online. I'm not sure if this is going to look right on my Civic Sport where the wheel arches are also blue to match the bodywork...

Has anyone done this and got any pictures they can share? Preferably blue, but any colour car will do - just so I can get a feel for what the standard guards look like against colour coded arches...

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 9th May 2019, 17:24
Supporter

Car: 2015 white orchid 1.6 dtec
ive had set of colour coded arches since I bought car but still havnt got round to fitting them
hopefully soon ill get them on
I also have been wondering about either buying aerosol or getting body shop to paint white
or what they will look like in the standard colour
im leaning towards taking them to mates bodyshop to get colour coded
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 9th May 2019, 20:09
Supporter

Car: 2016 1.8 Sport Orchid White
Civic mudflaps are dark grey for years 2012-2014. Face lift version 2015 onwards has black mudflaps, which go with the trim colour on the Sport. If you buy , make sure you order the correct ones. Body colour wheel arches on the Sport came in about 2016.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12th May 2019, 12:39 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Thanks guys. I have since looked into the differences between the dark grey and black mud flaps. My issue is that I have a 2016 Civic Sport in blue, where the Wheel arches are also blue. I can't see how even the black mud guards would look ok with the blue arches. Has anyone got this combo already on their Civic? If so, pictures would be welcome!!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12th May 2019, 20:10
Supporter

There are pictures in the 9G gallery somewhere-- I remember seeing them some time ago--of a Civic with body colour arches and black mudflaps, but you'll have to look for them, I can't remember whose car it was.. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 13th May 2019, 17:28 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Thanks for pointing me to the gallery - bizzarely I hadn't thought to check there!! However, having spent a good while today looking through it, I still can't find what I'm after. It seems either nobody has tried it, or is bothered by doing it apart from me Ah well... I might leave them for now. There are some other bits I would rather do looks wise than this - but I thought this might sell to the wife as a 'practical' upgrade if I was convinced enough myself it wouldn't look awful...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 13th May 2019, 18:06
Supporter

I've got an SR, with Black Arch Trim, and Black Mudflaps (on a white car).

Pretty sure from memory they're black not grey, if you need a photo let me know, and I'll take some.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 13th May 2019, 19:34
Supporter

Look here https://www.civinfo.com/forum/stylin...es-ebay-2.html post #35 has pictures of white car/colour coded wheelarches, and mudflaps. I knew I'd seen it somewhere !
Thanks to bill ericay from:
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 13th May 2019, 20:33

Car: 2014 1.8 SR auto Tourer
Hi,
I have a 2014 tourer SR and I purchased front and rear mudflaps, genuine Honda from Holdcroft and they definately black, matching wheel arch trim.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 14th May 2019, 10:49 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Many thanks to Bill for finding that thread!! That's exactly what I was looking for! Ok interesting stuff - They don't look so bad on the white Civic with white arches. I reckon my blue Civic would also look ok too based on those pics... Cheers for the input people!
scaramanga likes this.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 14th May 2019, 18:10
Supporter

Quote:
. There are some other bits I would rather do looks wise than this - but I thought this might sell to the wife as a 'practical' upgrade if I was convinced enough myself it wouldn't look awful...

Mudflaps are an easy option to 'sell' to the wife-- eg-protect bodywork against road debris. When I got my Sport I couldn't find a way to justify £90 odd for a sports fuel cap, so dithered for ages, asked other forum members, and in the end bought it, put it on, and she didn't even notice.

If you register with Cox Honda you get a forum discount on top of their discount prices, it's worth a look.
Thanks to bill ericay from:
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 16th May 2019, 13:55 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Ah ok - Interesting about the Cox forum registration! Hadn't crossed my mind that would result in any discounts by doing so...

Yes the sports fuel cap is another item on my wish list. I doubt my wife would notice if I put that on either - but I would probably end up giving the game away knowing me! Can't keep my mouth shut when I get new toys!!

I'm still on a PCP deal with the car atm, but planning on purchasing the car at the end as it's the only car I've ever been content with! Plus, I then plan to do some 'boy racer' style modifications to it post PCP. Would love to put the Type R wing on it along with a front spoiler. I'm actually not so interested in the performance tuning aspects so much, but a remap to perhaps get a slight increase in power wouldn't be out of the question... Anyway that's a good 2/3 years down the line right now...

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Styling (9G)

Tags
mudguards

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page