• 1 Post By Puchnix
  • 1 Post By Lucas_Doel
  • 2 Post By Lucas_Doel
  • 2 Post By bill ericay

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 7th June 2019, 13:28 Thread Starter

Car: 2016 Civic Sport (Facelift)
Garage
Cool Type R wing added to my Civic Sport!

Well After having done some research around other threads on these forums, I decided to take the plundge and go for it - Type R wing is now on my 2016 Civic Sport as of yesterday afternoon! I wish I could share some photos with you guys, but the good old English weather is just horrible right now! Plus I need to give the car a good wash before showing her off to the world

Also wanted to give a big shout out to @Xa4cornelis for the huge amount of inspiration his thread gave me to do this mod, plus his very handy 'how to' guide in the how to section, which gave me the confiedence to go ahead and do this myself - bearing in mind I have zero experience before this of any sort of car modding. This has definately given me a taste for doing some other bits and pieces to the car now.

When we get a break in the weather here, I would like to give you some pics to share of the car (if you're interested) so hopefully this won't be the last time I comment on my own post lol
Thanks to Lucas_Doel from:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 7th June 2019, 14:00
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Look forward to seeing it!

As per my own thread, I'm thinking of pushing the boat out with a cheap & cheerful GP wing for a BTCC Look. Just trying to find someone selling a Hatchback spoiler so I can have a second one to drill
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 7th June 2019, 15:32

Car: 2015 Honda Civic Sport 1.6
Garage
Yeah I also got really inspired by @Xa4cornelis , that thread made me so jealous but I managed only to fit the Type-R spoiler and add the Bluespark Box, I tried to paint the brakes too but it didn't end well
Xa4cornelis likes this.
Thanks to Puchnix from:

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 9th June 2019, 13:19 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Yeah I've had a look at your thread @Haltammer - You certainly have a list of things you want to achieve don't you!! This is what I love about car modding though, we all start out with basically the same car, but everyone's end goal seems to differ, with a few cross-over ideas in between.
Haltamer likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 9th June 2019, 13:24 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Oh no! Sorry to hear about the failed attempt at painting the brakes btw - I was looking to do this myself, but I'm rubbish at painting anything - yet alone calipers. If I was going to still do this, I might have to look at taking it somewhere local and letting them do the work for me. So many stries of peeling paint etc... from DIY jobs.

Still haven't managed to find a decent window for giving the car a clean since adding the wing, so no pics yet - They will come in due course though I promise
Haltamer and Puchnix like this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th June 2019, 08:08

Car: 2015 Honda Civic Sport 1.6
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_Doel View Post
Oh no! Sorry to hear about the failed attempt at painting the brakes btw - I was looking to do this myself, but I'm rubbish at painting anything - yet alone calipers. If I was going to still do this, I might have to look at taking it somewhere local and letting them do the work for me. So many stries of peeling paint etc... from DIY jobs.

Still haven't managed to find a decent window for giving the car a clean since adding the wing, so no pics yet - They will come in due course though I promise
Yeah that was a total failure I took a bottle of spray paint for brakes, cleaned all the brake calipers, used a brush to paint them and everything but the paint started falling off after a pair of months...

I asked to a local paint shop but they want 150 for all the brake calipers, not so much but I'll have to wait more before doing it, for now I'll try to scratch it off since it looks like they were painted with a marking pen
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 15th June 2019, 13:51 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
I can't seem to upload the photo directly - slightly embarrasing for someone who works in IT!!

Anyway, link to gallery where picure is below;

https://www.civinfo.com/forum/member...vic+sport.html

Last edited by Lucas_Doel; 15th June 2019 at 13:54. Reason: No working direct link
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 15th June 2019, 15:06
Supporter

Car: 2016 1.8 Sport Orchid White
Looks good, here's your pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg user246184_pic40460_1560603027.jpg (38.3 KB, 40 views)
VladaBG and Lucas_Doel like this.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Styling (9G)

Tags
9g facelift , civic sport , modding , rear wing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page