6Likes
  • 4 Post By Lucas_Doel
  • 2 Post By Xa4cornelis

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 8th July 2019, 18:24 Thread Starter

Car: 2016 Civic Sport (Facelift)
Garage
Thumbs up Lucas Civic Sport

So I've been coming to this forum a lot recently, and it's really inspired me to start tinkering with my own Civic. As someone with very little car knowledge, I'm finding some of these 'upgrades' a challenge, but it's fun and very rewarding when you see the end result!

I thought I would share what I have done so far - I think the link below works? It's basically just linking to the Gallery part of this site, so if not just go and manually navigate there if you're interested...

The newest addition to my car is the Maxton Design kit - front/rear splitters and side skirts. Fitted over this weekend just gone, and I love the look!

https://www.civinfo.com/forum/member...vic+sport.html

It seems there hasn't been too many posts of late in the forum? I would have thought people would be making the most of the summer to get modding lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 8th July 2019, 18:56
Dutch

Car: 2015 Sport 1.6 sporty blue
Garage
Hi mate!

Nice car!! How did you fit the rear maxtons? I have them laying around for a while now, but donít want to remove the bumper...

Thanks!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 8th July 2019, 19:26 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Hi mate - thanks!! Most of my inspiration comes from your thread though in all honesty!

I fixed all my Maxton parts with some of my own self-tapping type screws. I didn't bother with the nuts & bolts they supplied, as it just didn't seem like I needed to strip the car down for the sake of fitting some splitters! Also, by using my own screws, I didn't have to bother removing anything on the car. The screws I used work well (so far anyway) - and everything feels tight and secure... I would recommend just getting your own screws and doing that - especially with the rear splitters, as they are so lightweight anyway!

Last edited by Lucas_Doel; 8th July 2019 at 19:27. Reason: something went wrong...

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 8th July 2019, 20:21
Dutch

Garage
Haha thanks! Good to hear that mate!

Do you know the size you used for the screws?
(Tried to message you, but that didn’t work because of your setting some how)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 8th July 2019, 22:44
Super Moderator

Car: 10G 1.5 Civic Prestige
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xa4cornelis View Post
(Tried to message you, but that didnít work because of your setting some how)
Too few posts. Try again now.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10th July 2019, 17:42 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Sorry it's taken me a while to respond - I can't remember the exact size, but they were a little smaller that the 8mm bolts that the kit came with....

To make things easier, I would go and pre-drill the places where I wanted to screw (in the Maxton parts) with a smaller 2mm drill bit. Then I could use these small holes as guides to get the actual screws in. Worked really well in the end! Although I'm going to thank my brother for that idea - I take no credit for the idea myself...
Thanks to Lucas_Doel from:
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11th July 2019, 06:47

Red emblems

Hi, i love youíre Civic, do you have the part numbers for the red emblems front and back.?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11th July 2019, 10:28
Dutch

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_Doel View Post
Sorry it's taken me a while to respond - I can't remember the exact size, but they were a little smaller that the 8mm bolts that the kit came with....

To make things easier, I would go and pre-drill the places where I wanted to screw (in the Maxton parts) with a smaller 2mm drill bit. Then I could use these small holes as guides to get the actual screws in. Worked really well in the end! Although I'm going to thank my brother for that idea - I take no credit for the idea myself...

I fitted them today, just used 3 bolt per side. Didnít remove the bumper, itís was easy to get to. looks really good! Thanks
bill ericay and Lucas_Doel like this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11th July 2019, 17:52 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
@Sybren - Thanks! Yes I do have the part numbers - this was something I found frustrating when I was looking around, as I just didn't know for sure which ones would fit! In the end I drove over to my local dealer and had a chat with the parts guy. He reluctantly gave me the number for the front badge on a piece of paper...I think he was so bored that he ended up thinking "eh what the hell - may as well help this guy!"

Front - 75700-TV8-E01

Rear - 75701-TV8-E01

The TV8 part denotes the FK2 'red badge' part number. If I wanted to re-order new 'standard' badges again for the car (I may have snapped old ones on install!), just change the TV8 to TV1 I seem to recall?

@Xa4cornelis - Love it!! Well done man, it's looking good isn't it!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 14th July 2019, 23:39

Car: 2016 Civic 1.8 Sport
How did you remove/fit front and rear badges?

They look great! Love your Civic 🙂
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 16th July 2019, 13:51 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
@Kyle1987 I don't know who you were asking, as the formatting has come out all wierd in your post!

If you were asking me - regrettably I really made a mess of it mate. I ended up breaking the clips on the original badges by using brute-force. There is a proper way of getting behind the bodywork and un-clipping them, but for tyhe life of me I couldn't work out (especially on the rear) how to get to them!! Luckily, the new replacement badges come with mega good adhesive - so that's holding them on well so far. I do worry what winter will do though...
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 19th July 2019, 18:59

Did maxtons have the body kit in stock or did they order it in , like the front splitter and there rear spoiler in there kit
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th July 2019, 16:33 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
@Redkev - In my particular case, they didn't have them in stock, and I ended up with a 5 week wait on delivery. However they do try to keep as much stock in as possible apparently, so it's just a gamble I think. I could be wrong here, but if you were to order the normal 'black gloss' finished parts you probably stand a better chance of them having the parts stocked. I ordered the 'Carbon look' finish for all of mine - pretty sure that's what made it more bespoke and required the longer wait...

If anyone is seriously interested about using these guys but has a time limit - I recommend you call them or send an email to their customer services team. They are pretty good at responding (email) in my experience, and will do what they can to help you.
Thanks to Lucas_Doel from:

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Styling (9G)

Tags
civic sport , maxton , rear wing , red badges

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page