Who is/was and is still up for a track day? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 5th February 2009, 23:24 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2006 2.2 EX
Talking Who is/was and is still up for a track day?

Hi, everyone, i know thee is already a thread about track days and such but i'd thought i'd use this oportunity to make current a track day that is going to be coming up available to anyone who is interested ! ! !

I work at RAF Marham which is in east anglia about 15 miles south east of kings lynn, so east midlands for those who have never heard of it!

There is a track day coming up, which is held Bi-Anually, on the weekend after easter exact dates i can remember, but either way contact me later and i will be more informative i promise,

Because this event is for charity it is cheap! ! ! last one was 40 a day 70 for both days Sat & Sun. And was one of the few unrestricted db level ones in the country, how ever this year with marham having a new station commander i believe a db level of 105 db's is in place but this will not be sttrictly monitiored or controlled (and to be honest if you have a civic that exceeds this i'd be impressed!)

now as far as i know the only way to get an invite is on either/both the type R forum (if you are a member) or piston heads(again if you are a member) as i cant find (personally looking) an invite as a non member,

the track day is open to all vehicles of all types if you want to do 1 or 2 laps or 100 laps is up to you, dont go thinking you will be the fastest as this event is open to all sorts of cars, quite often there are lambo's, ferarri's, Evo's, 700+bhp toyoto supras, skyline gtR's e.t.c however it is a fun day and lets anyone of any level come along and mingle with people who like to put their cars out to the max, not all cars are wannabe supercars, there usually are loads of 205gti's, golfs, clio's etc that just come for the fun and still have a good time, and there is a chance to meet many new people who are car enthusiasts from all areas,

people who are definitely interested should try and sign up to either of the above mentioned forums and get on it, or if enough people reply with a definite YES TO THIS THREAD I WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO ABOUT ADDING US AS A GROUP TO THE ENTRY, No Promises tho

Rules to the day are as i can remember,

YOU NEED A HELMET!!
(ANY MOTORCYCLE ONE WILL DO, driver and any passenger you bring, who sits in with you!)

Driver of the vehicle must be named and any passengers MUST be named too, AS YOU ARE COMING ON A MILITARY BASE ALL PEOPLE MUST HAVE A PASS, do not sign up and then bring someone as a guest that you have not arranged they will be turned away! ! !

Ultimately have fun!

END!!!

Most of the Heavy weights have run out of fuel/tyres by lunch time so the track has less traffic and you can enjoy yourself more because of the reduction of traffic flying past at stupid speeds,

The track has over a 1 mile straight (down the main runway) for those wishing to see if they can push their top end and has some good technical bits and areas for drifting (car permitting) it is for beginners and advanced alike and everyone can get something out of the day,

For really keen thrashers is recommended you bring 4 wheels with fresh tyres in you boot, racing tyres are awesome as the main runway is seriously high grip tarmac, (for fighter jets) and there is a long 80 - 100mph bend leading on to it!

Please feel free to comment and post your interest, as i say ist is the weekend after easter, as far as i know 18th 19th april i think i will post exact dates (if different,(i doubt it!))if there is enough interest and i can arrange something for the civinfo forum, however look on the above mentioned forums as a member for now,

Hopefully this is a link to last years track day photos on piston heads(see if it works)

Pics from Marham

and vid off same forum,

and a video from a clio's p.o.v, chasing a honda integra dc2, which i have personally had passenger seater in and it is safe to say the loudest car i have ever been in full stop! red lines at 9400rpm omg my ears were gonna burst, but check the sites out for yourself and le me know!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 5th February 2009, 23:29
Goodbye all, have fun!

I know Kings Lynn well, but my 1.4 would look a bit sad at a trackday!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 5th February 2009, 23:35 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

its about meeting other people who are enthusiasts with cars too, i got a ride in an EVO IX, TVR CREBRA, WESTFIELD KIT CAR, AND INTEGRA DC2, as a passenger just by asking its also a chance for people to experience track cars at track days even if you dont think your car is up to smashing records,

I MUST SAY AT THIS EVENT THERE IS NO RACING AND NO OFFICIAL LAP TIMING, any of that must be done personally and it it fully controlled and you can be black flagged for dangerous driving if you are being stupid,

fully H&S briefings and rules are breifed on the day and everyone signs a waver to agree to this on the day,

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 5th February 2009, 23:35
radix lecti

Car: 2006 2.2 iCDTi Sport
I'd certainly be interested in a few runs up the high speed straight and a chance to mingle.

Put me down provisionally, need to know the dates to swing it with work
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 5th February 2009, 23:38
Goodbye all, have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahools View Post
its about meeting other people who are enthusiasts with cars too, i got a ride in an EVO IX, TVR CREBRA, WESTFIELD KIT CAR, AND INTEGRA DC2, as a passenger just by asking its also a chance for people to experience track cars at track days even if you dont think your car is up to smashing records,

I MUST SAY AT THIS EVENT THERE IS NO RACING AND NO OFFICIAL LAP TIMING, any of that must be done personally and it it fully controlled and you can be black flagged for dangerous driving if you are being stupid,

fully H&S briefings and rules are breifed on the day and everyone signs a waver to agree to this on the day,
It just looks very sad indeed turning up in a small engined car! I hope you have a good day if it goes ahead.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 5th February 2009, 23:42 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Smile

I will leave this open for a week or so and if the response is good i wil seee if i can invite the forum, as a group, i will do the admin, (i'll have to ask the organisers) i'm certain its the weekend after easter but i will confirm,

anyone SERIOUSLY interested pls post! ! !

its a bargain compared to most trackdays, and we can get a forum photos and everything as the pits are massive and we can all park together,

It may not do many laps but my CTRCW when it arives will be there on show for sure! ! !

Civinfo > Welcome > Meetings > Trackdays

Tags
track day

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page