Type R Insurance Mandatory Excess - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 29th January 2008, 09:45 Thread Starter

Type R Insurance Mandatory Excess

Hello

Have been looking at current insurance costs. Have noticed that most havea Manditory Excess of around 400 for the type R? (not taking into account of any volantary excess) Privilege etc

Has anybody else found this? Or are there any other reasonably priced insurance with a lower excess around?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 29th January 2008, 10:39
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS

Car: DS3
Iam £250 manditory £250 volantary & it costs £388 a year for me & her indoors 8 y NCB
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 29th January 2008, 11:53 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalhunter View Post
Iam 250 manditory 250 volantary & it costs 388 a year for me & her indoors 8 y NCB
Who is that with?

Regards

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 29th January 2008, 11:58
Supporter

Car: Skoda Octavia VRS
The excess will also be dependant of your age
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 29th January 2008, 12:30
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS

Car: DS3
Churchill OH YES
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 30th January 2008, 15:12

Mines about the same as illegalhunter but with directline line.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 31st January 2008, 01:11
i-VTEC Junkie

Directline - 250 Mandatory, 75 Voluntary, 325/year... did'nt realise how cheap the Type-R was to insure.

Just lucky I have lots of NCB and live in a low risk area...
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 31st January 2008, 17:22

May I suggest phoning A-Plan insurance, used them for 20 years. They will beat any quote, often by a good margin. Adrian Flux was the next best.

UK Car and Home Insurance Quotes From A-Plan Insurance.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 31st January 2008, 17:35
Naughty but nice

Car: Z4 sDrive35is
the mandatory excess is not car specific but provider specific. I'm £300 mandatory and £0 voluntary with Admiral.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 31st January 2008, 17:45
Administrator

Thanked 1,835 Times in 1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie4m View Post
the mandatory excess is not car specific but provider specific. I'm 300 mandatory and 0 voluntary with Admiral.

It's not it's car specific. My last car had no mandatory excess, when I swapped it to the CTR there was 200 mandatory excess.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 31st January 2008, 17:46

my car doesnt arrived until march 1st but ive been on confused already im managing 401 with 300 compulsary excess 0 voluntary 6 years ncd protected thats with esure oh and thats garaged overnight and in a {secure} hospital carpark of a day
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 31st January 2008, 17:48
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garytheobald View Post
my car doesnt arrived until march 1st but ive been on confused already im managing £401 with £300 compulsary excess £0 voluntary 6 years ncd protected thats with esure oh and thats garaged overnight and in a {secure} hospital carpark of a day
Mines up on March 1st and my quote with Esure is £313 with £300 compulsory excess. Quite cheap me thinks.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 31st January 2008, 19:11
Naughty but nice

Car: Z4 sDrive35is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimplyred View Post
It's not it's car specific. My last car had no mandatory excess, when I swapped it to the CTR there was 200 mandatory excess.
Well my dad was under the same impression with the m3 because he had also opted for 0 excess. There was no mention when taking the policy out but when the woman hit the car and I picked it up there was a 250 mandatory excess which was in the small print of the policy provision, which you are meant to read. But not many people do as there is loads of them. I had to pay it to get the car back and then got a refund from the insurance company (esure)

I've never heard of any insurance company having 0 mandatory excess. Probably wrong, but they don't have to tell you when you take the policy out, they expect you to read the terms and conditions which you have agreed too. If I wasn't under 25 admiral have a 250 excess for every other driver. Same with direct line, esure, more than etc
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 31st January 2008, 19:16
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie4m View Post
Well my dad was under the same impression with the m3 because he had also opted for £0 excess. There was no mention when taking the policy out but when the woman hit the car and I picked it up there was a £250 mandatory excess which was in the small print of the policy provision, which you are meant to read. But not many people do as there is loads of them. I had to pay it to get the car back and then got a refund from the insurance company (esure)

I've never heard of any insurance company having £0 mandatory excess. Probably wrong, but they don't have to tell you when you take the policy out, they expect you to read the terms and conditions which you have agreed too. If I wasn't under 25 admiral have a £250 excess for every other driver. Same with direct line, esure, more than etc

I had no mandatory excess with my last car. Then I paid the additional premium when I bought my CTR, mid term, with the same policy and there was a mandatory excess that applied beacause of the car.

Everyone should read all the small print of their insurance documents not just for hidden excesses but details that may be wrong, before it is too late.

They do have to tell you of all excesses that apply, it is written in the small print and they expect you to read it.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 31st January 2008, 19:42
Wife & Civics to support

Car: 2007 2.2 CTDI + 2011 CTR LSD
Just a personal opinion of course... But I have had a bad experience with Budget Insurance. Yes there cheap but I'm sure you get the service you pay for. It wouldn't be so bad if I was trying to make a claim. But I'm not. You wouldn't believe what a mess they have made of cancelling one policy and starting up a new one. Sounds easy enough to me. But no... despite the fact that no one ever answers the phones at their service call centre from one hour to the next. When you do get through you fight a losing battle trying to be understood as they are very poor at understanding English (all foreign call centres). Then of course they assure you that it will all be sorted out and when it becomes apparent that it hasn't been sorted out, the whole cycle starts all over again. I'm still waiting for a refund from them which I was assured would be paid back into my account before the money for the new policy would be taken out. Guess what... my account is now well out of pocket due to their incompetence.
All insurance companies seem great when you get a cheap quote off them and as long as you never need to claim or sort any problems out, I suppose you'll never know a good company from a bad one. Well (in my opinion) Budget are a bad one... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page