LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 21st May 2006, 11:49 Thread Starter
Administrator

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,774 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
Latest spyshots

Worldcarfans have some pretty good spyshots here.

Anyone tempted?

Knowing how good the "cooking" model is now - the Type-R might be an interesting option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 21st May 2006, 12:25
Explosive Mind Unleashed

Send a message via MSN to Kpow99
Not really, for reason of self and general: Baby on the way so couldn't afford and I wouldn't bother until they put a better engine in, not that the current one is bad, just that they didn't seem to moved forward with the rest of the competition.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 21st May 2006, 12:31
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to basegreen
I would be, but the petrol burn and insurance would probably put me off to be honest.

Needless to say I'll be doing a few test drives

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 21st May 2006, 16:06

Ride ??

Can you imagine what the ride of this will be like ? I have seen 20" wheels quoted as standard !!!!
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 21st May 2006, 16:31
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to basegreen
Re: Ride ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike222
Can you imagine what the ride of this will be like ? I have seen 20" wheels quoted as standard !!!!
Should fit a padded roof as standard, methinks!
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 21st May 2006, 16:43
Supporter

I'm going to test drive it for sure when it comes out, but I'll be keeping my diesel for the next 2 years!
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2006, 06:51
Galaxy class starship

Send a message via MSN to Copycat
I wish they'd make a five door version as well. That would be something really worth considering. Peugeot are going to offer a five door version of their new 207s, no matter which version you want. Why not Honda then?
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2006, 10:11
您看了

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copycat
I wish they'd make a five door version as well. That would be something really worth considering. Peugeot are going to offer a five door version of their new 207s, no matter which version you want. Why not Honda then?
Why no 5 door? Simple..... because its a Type-R!

Type-R is a lightweight stripped out fast road car, no point in offering a 5 door version as it defeats the very core of the concept. Ever driven a proper Type-R integra?, they are totally no compromise, pretty harsh and noisey at the motorway cruise, but of so so good on the back roads. If it wasnt for the motorway miles I have to do I would be driving an imported DC5 integra right now.
This is what Type-R is about... deliberately the total opposite to the normal car and nothing added that takes away from the driving experience.

Thats why the Type-S existed. It was available in 5 door and was heavier and slower than the Type-R. But those who couldn't handle the rawness of the full Type-R bought the S and still got a good car.

Personally I hope they stick to rumour and make this car as hard core as they have threatened with minimal soundproofing, screaming engine etc etc :P :P
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2006, 15:08
Supporter

I have tickets to The British International Motor Show in July. I am led to belive that this is where Honda are going to show off the Type-R to the British public for the first time . Needless to say will be taking lots of pics.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 9th June 2006, 19:24

Car: 08 CTR GT Milano
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivPilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copycat
Why no 5 door? Simple..... because its a Type-R!

Type-R is a lightweight stripped out fast road car, no point in offering a 5 door version as it defeats the very core of the concept. Ever driven a proper Type-R integra?, they are totally no compromise, pretty harsh and noisey at the motorway cruise, but of so so good on the back roads. If it wasnt for the motorway miles I have to do I would be driving an imported DC5 integra right now.
This is what Type-R is about... deliberately the total opposite to the normal car and nothing added that takes away from the driving experience.

Thats why the Type-S existed. It was available in 5 door and was heavier and slower than the Type-R. But those who couldn't handle the rawness of the full Type-R bought the S and still got a good car.

Personally I hope they stick to rumour and make this car as hard core as they have threatened with minimal soundproofing, screaming engine etc etc :P :P
Oh yeah baby bring it on. Keep dreaming that after getiing rid of my last Type R for a Diesel this time. I intend to get the next one. But it will be hard to justify the mpg and the cost of petrol. But i am trying, ask my wife !
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 20th June 2006, 20:48
Kids use a lot of space

The CTR Concept car had 20" wheels much like the 5Dr Concept car when it was shown, so I doubt they'd make the production car.
Besides it would be pretty harsh on UK roads!
I'd expect 18" or 19" as options as they'd then be an inch up on the 5Dr.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 21st June 2006, 16:34

It must be a fairly outrageous colour if they've gone to the effort of taping up the entire car

I had the old one and it was a complete hoot, girlfriend now owns it
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 22nd June 2006, 06:20
您看了

It's red.

You can see this in several photos around the side edge of the bonnet and top of the passenger side front lamp. You can see it even clearer in the high res versions that are also on line (that I can't for some reason find a link to anymore)
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 22nd June 2006, 20:25

I would not attach too much importance to the colurs of prototype cars. Quite often it bears no resemblance to the range that will be offered. Remeber that orangey bronze color that was everywhere in the first Civic photos, it never made it!!

BUT, I hope the Type R has some wild colours, as the 5 door range is a little "silvery".
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 23rd June 2006, 07:11
您看了

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
I would not attach too much importance to the colurs of prototype cars. Quite often it bears no resemblance to the range that will be offered. Remeber that orangey bronze color that was everywhere in the first Civic photos, it never made it!!

BUT, I hope the Type R has some wild colours, as the 5 door range is a little "silvery".
The orangy bronze coloured Civic you refer to was a non running clay model concept car that did the motor show rounds. That colour only ever appeared on that non running concept car, it never appeared on any running prototypes.

Expect the Type-R to be available in White, Black, Red & Yellow (this seems to be the universal Type-R colour range and would be plesently surprised if they changed it, but still happy if they didn't).

But the car in the wrapping is definately red
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 23rd June 2006, 16:27

Quote:
Quote:

The orangy bronze coloured Civic you refer to was a non running clay model concept car that did the motor show rounds. That colour only ever appeared on that non running concept car, it never appeared on any running prototypes.

Expect the Type-R to be available in White, Black, Red & Yellow (this seems to be the universal Type-R colour range and would be plesently surprised if they changed it, but still happy if they didn't).

Silver and Cosmic ? Or maybe even Blue ?
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 23rd June 2006, 16:49
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big ARG
Quote:
Quote:

Or maybe even Galaxy Grey...mmmmm
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 23rd June 2006, 19:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_lufc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big ARG
Quote:
Quote:

Or maybe even Galaxy Grey...mmmmm
I've got Galaxy grey now, but i hope i don't see it on a Type R. It's just wrong.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 26th June 2006, 20:22
Kids use a lot of space

I'd only expect a current Civic colour (possibly a new one or two??) certainly not yellow or white although it would look cool.
IF Honda do want to change the image they need some more vibrant colours in the range.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 26th June 2006, 21:08

As with the Type R philosophy i would expect traditional racing colours, to which Honda are associated with. (No Racing Green).

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page