Hi from newbie... and have a small concern with clutch - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 22nd September 2008, 12:15 Thread Starter

Hi from newbie... and have a small concern with clutch

Hi i'm a newbie here and cant wait to read through the forums... WIKI looks interesting

I have a wee concern, my type r's clutch pedal feels rough throughout its travel especially near the bottom of the travel on the way down and way up. sort of grating/rough feel through the shoes. Especially noticable with trainers on not so much with thick boots.

Its really bugging me. I feel it mostly when taking off and on the move when chaning gears.

When idling, or with the engine off and i push the pedal up and down i dont feel this?

Can anyone tell me whats wrong so when i visit the garage after my holidays i can hopefully go armed with some facts from civinfo... and not look like plonker

Thanks everyone.

PS I noticed a thread about clicking clutch pedal - mine does this too so at least i have some info on that and there seems to be a fix by replacing the Master Cylinder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd September 2008, 17:05

Hello & Welcome to the forum!

Ask any questions you like, we are a friendly bunch and here to help!

Maybe try another Civic when you're at the garage to see how it compares?

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd September 2008, 18:20
tpw

I had that to start with but after time it freed up.
I think it was the release bearing sliding on the spline. Its normally greased up so slides freely but when my car was stolen it stood in a compound for 4 months so wasnt used. Guess it got bit sticky just standing but freed up pretty quickly after.

See how it goes and stick it on your list for when you take the car in come service time and get them to have a look.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 24th September 2008, 09:10 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hi

Thanks for the reply, did yours feel like this when the engine was off, or idling as I dont, only feel it when driving, pulling away and changing gears, is it because theres more load on the engine.

Ill see how it fairs as you say, and mention it at my first service, cars got 4000 miles on it, got it at 3000 it was an ex honda car, hope they drove it properly before i got it

Cheers
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 24th September 2008, 09:13
TYPE R GT (R-15016)

Hello & Welcome to the forum , If it's still under warrenty take it back
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 24th September 2008, 09:16

Yes Rich11 is right, let the dealer handle it for you, its what they're there for.

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page