Honda approved body repair centre - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 3rd October 2008, 15:43 Thread Starter

Honda approved body repair centre

Hi All

I need a little bit of advice before I go ahead getting My nearside door repaired.

I was parked in a car park not far from where I live and when I came back to the car I noticed that the council where cutting the grass and My CTR was covered in grass. I calmly counted to 10 got in the car and drove home when i washed the grass off the car i have notice 16 b***** stonechips on the passenger side door and rear quarter panel.

I have contacted the council and i am waiting for a reply regarding the matter My local Honda dealer have done there best in touching up the stonechips but I am still not happy with the look of the panels.

When it comes to cars i am a little anal so i visited a guy who is a top notch automobile paint sprayer He has looked at the car and said that He could sort the problem out no problem but I should make sure that My Honda surface corrosion warranty would be still valid because Honda may want the car to be done at a Honda approved body shop.

The truth of the matter is that i do not want My car to go to just anybody I personal know this guy and I have also seen his work and I would be more than happy if He did the job.

What are Your thought on the matter Guys and Girls.

Last edited by The Doctor UK; 3rd October 2008 at 15:47.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 3rd October 2008, 15:46
COTM Feb 2012

Car: Aston V12 Vantage S
sounds like you have everything sorted already lol

perhaps you shoud stop being so anal...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 3rd October 2008, 15:48 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

i think i need to get out more.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 3rd October 2008, 20:15
R-2
geekess

Car: 2010 Mugen 200 Type R
Send a message via MSN to R-2
I had to have a new door skin and some body work repair done on my car. I used the local Honda approved bodywork centre and they did a really good job. No matter how hard i look i cannot see any difference to the rest of the car.

I refused to use the repair shop preferred by my insurers. Hopefully they would also have done a good job but the Honda one obviously had quicker access to the paint, parts etc.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 4th December 2011, 11:52

Poor body repaid to my Honda by an approved repairer

Had my car repaired at an approved Honda repair centre it come back a rite mess took it to my Honda garage they agreed 8 faults that I can see and then there is what you can't see . Anybody now who oversees the approved centres. The insurance company have paid them .
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 6th December 2011, 14:39
Supporter

Car: FN2 CTR GT
Wouldn't the independent repairer provide a similar warranty on the sprayed part? I'd definitely use a repairer who you have already used before.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 7th June 2016, 14:16

Hi I parked my car in the bay and the next day I was ready to go out and then I realised someone has hit my car, I donít know how but it has been hit at the front in the passengerís side.

I took my car to my local garage and paid £200 just for it to be repaired, please note the guy from the garage has managed to get the dent out but I can see a different when I compare it to the right side. Also my head light has slightly been moved which is not so obvious but I know itís there and I really wanted to get sorted Ö. I love my car too much and would just simply like to get is repaired properly. I just need the headlight to be placed back into its position.

Please can you advise or let me know if you are able to help ASAP

Thank you

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page