Fit Type-R equipment on a 1.8 Sport...? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 27th October 2006, 09:04 Thread Starter
Jay

Cool Fit Type-R equipment on a 1.8 Sport...?

The last couple of months I have been thinking about using some of the parts from the Type R on my Danish 1.8 Sport 5 door.
Initially I am interested in the exterior styling (tailgate spoiler, rear, front and sideskirts.)

Does anyone know if this should be possible?

I can't see any problems in it - besides I don't know if the rear windows are the same on the Type-R so maybe the Tailgate Spoiler cannot be fitted.
Also - since the Type-R is a 3 door - there might be a problem in fitting the sideskirts without modifications...

Your thoughts..?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 30th October 2006, 23:29
Super Moderator

Car: '08 2.2 NHB CRV
I would guess you are right on the front and rear skirts, and the spoiler

I would think the sideskirts ought to be ok too, as they appear to run underneath where the doors end - but I think I'd personally wait until I could park up next to one to eyeball it
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 6th November 2006, 18:37

Good question.
Personally, I would like to replace my glossy console, with the matt one from Type R.
Maybe I find another ideas when I see Type R LIVE.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 6th November 2006, 23:09
Super Moderator

Car: '08 2.2 NHB CRV
looking again tho, at the pics basegreen posted of the S, the rear skirt flares out at the bottom where it meets the side skirts, so it's both or neither I guess...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th November 2006, 06:42

I'm not so sure about the spoiler as isn't it raised off the screen on the type-R ?

If it is then this would mean replacing the top glass and the bottom plastic bit of your current rear window with a all glass one

EDIT:

If you look at the below picture you can see it looks like the rear spolier is raised off the windscreen

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th November 2006, 23:54
Diesel Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knat View Post

If you look at the below picture you can see it looks like the rear spolier is raised off the windscreen

No, I think that the spoiler is connected all the way across the top section, in line with the brake light. Then you have some "flappy bits" that seem to hang down at each edge to make it look like a normal spoiler. Looks to me like they're there for cosmetic effect.

I have a painted spoiler on my car, and it's a right pain in the backside. It adds approx 1/3rd extra to the thickness of the already bulky integral spoiler. I'm not sure if it suits the lines of the car either.

Also, in my opinon, the Type R has an uglier back end than the standard Civic. There's too much going on!

Damian

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page