Type R mats: holes do not line up - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th October 2008, 15:24 Thread Starter

Type R mats: holes do not line up

Just picket these up from the dealers and as you can see in the pictures the holes don't quite match up.

Although I could cut new holes into the cars carpet, I'd rather cut holes into the car mats themselfves. One small problem though, as you can see the holes in the carpet (I mean the car mats here) have already been cut.

To cut it short my question is, are the holes in the mats pre-cut? If they're not, I could ask 'fresh' ones. Anyone who has CTR mats, drop me a line please
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of DSCF2605.jpg (150.2 KB, 356 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of DSCF2603.jpg (75.7 KB, 273 views)

Last edited by Jeroen1000; 24th October 2008 at 15:36.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th October 2008, 15:30
Naughty but nice

Car: Z4 sDrive35is
The holes in the mats are all the same for the MY08 cars. You can't ask for them to be moved.

You will just have to place the holes for the new mats further along
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th October 2008, 15:34 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Honda weirdness, you would think the 'normal' and premium mats would be interchangeable.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th October 2008, 15:35
Wigan Warriors

Car: 2010 BMW 123d M Sport Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen1000 View Post
Just picket these up from the dealers and as you can see in the pictures the holes don't quite match up.

Although I could cut new holes into the cars carpet, I'd rather cut holes into the car mats themselfves. One small problem though, as you can see the holes in the carpet have already been cut.

To cut it short my question is, are the holes in the mats pre-cut? If they're not, I could ask 'fresh' ones. Anyone who has CRT mats, drop me a line please
They should match up with the pre cut holes in your carpet, do you have a 08 CTR ? Mine fitted fine.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th October 2008, 15:35
Naughty but nice

Quote:
Honda weirdness, you would think the 'normal' and premium mats would be interchangeable.
Well you'll proably find this is why they try and get you to take the Type R mats when you order. Not just because they match better
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th October 2008, 15:40 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Dr Vodka, the black ones fit just fine. They have a different fastening mechanism though (the black plug in the picture). But the CRT premium mats have the holes cut out closer to the edges. Perhaps the black one's were not suited for the CRT and the dealer decided to make some holes in orde to make them fit. ; Hey, Now that I have looked closer, you can actually see where you need to cut, just left from the plug in the picture and a little lower. I you then again look a bit lower you can see the second form to cut. Anyone else seeing this?

Angie, my previous dealer did not even mention the mat upgrade, nor any other one. Now I have to find something to stuff the useless holes with. Or I just wont fasten the new one's. I'll have to sleep over it

Last edited by Jeroen1000; 24th October 2008 at 15:44.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th October 2008, 15:46
Naughty but nice

Quote:
Dr Vodka, the black ones fit just fine. They have a different fastening mechanism though (the black plug in the picture). But the CRT premium mats have the holes cut out closer to the edges. Perhaps the black one's were not suited for the CRT and the dealer decided to make some holes in orde to make them fit. ; Hey, Now that I have looked closer, you can actually see where you need to cut, just left from the plug in the picture and a little lower. I you then again look a bit lower you can see the second form to cut. Anyone else seeing this?

Angie, my previous dealer did not even mention the mat upgrade, nor any other one. Now I have to find something to stuff the useless holes with. Or I just wont fasten the new one's. I'll have to sleep over it
Can I just say that you seem to have answered your own question. There is only one set of carpet mats for the Type R, the red ones that you now have so your dealer will have made these other holes to fit the black ones. When infact they should have fitted the holes for the Type R mats.

The mats are also mentioned in the options list

Last edited by angie4m; 24th October 2008 at 15:48.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th October 2008, 15:46
Wigan Warriors

Car: 2010 BMW 123d M Sport Coupe
Was there a mat upgrade ??? thought it was mats or no mats ? or maybe rubber mats ? Think the ones he has put in were not for the CTR
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th October 2008, 15:52 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Angry

Yes, Angie, indeed. I thought they were just wear on the carpet, never would I have suspected them to be cut out for the mats. Can I just say one more time I HATE the mechanics at my old dealership. The black one's are probably not suited for a CTR anyway so they happily cut some holes to get around it.

No Dr Vodka, I got my CTR deliverd with the black mats in it. Because they started to wear out, I bought CTR mats. I think the black ones belong to a 5 doors.

Last edited by Jeroen1000; 24th October 2008 at 15:56.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th October 2008, 16:05
Naughty but nice

Quote:
Yes, Angie, indeed. I thought they were just wear on the carpet, never would I have suspected them to be cut out for the mats. Can I just say one more time I HATE the mechanics at my old dealership. The black one's are probably not suited for a CTR anyway so they happily cut some holes to get around it.

No Dr Vodka, I got my CTR deliverd with the black mats in it. Because they started to wear out, I bought CTR mats. I think the black ones belong to a 5 doors.
That would make sense - I believe that the 5 door and the 3 dorors have different floor plans.

Glad you've managed to resolve the issue. Shouldn't be too hard to fit the hooks again.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th October 2008, 20:28 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

New mats installed, and with the tiny rectangles I cut out, I stuffed the holes made by those ***** from my ex-dealership. It is quite hard to spot where they were - even for me and I know they are there - so smile
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th October 2008, 20:32
Naughty but nice

Glad you've got it sorted
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 25th October 2008, 13:40

Send a message via MSN to Shoulin
my ctr mats do not match up with the holes either. I believe that they are from the old shape type r???????,

But then I did have them thrown in for free, so i cant complain, but then again I might! lol
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 25th October 2008, 15:08
Naughty but nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoulin View Post
my ctr mats do not match up with the holes either. I believe that they are from the old shape type r???????,

But then I did have them thrown in for free, so i cant complain, but then again I might! lol
Hmmm, is it a MY07 or MY08 car? The prev Type R didn't have the same locking in place system as currently. Also the MY07 were held in place by a small little rod that was in the foor at the corner.

Also floor plan on FN2 is different from the EP3. Having incorret mats means that they will not fit properly and this means they can move and become lodge under the pedals causing issues while driving. Its dangerous.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 25th October 2008, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie4m View Post
Hmmm, is it a MY07 or MY08 car? The prev Type R didn't have the same locking in place system as currently. Also the MY07 were held in place by a small little rod that was in the foor at the corner.

Also floor plan on FN2 is different from the EP3. Having incorret mats means that they will not fit properly and this means they can move and become lodge under the pedals causing issues while driving. Its dangerous.

Hi Angie,

Its a 08 plate. Thats useful to know about the 07/08 change.

Yeah it is dangerous, as mine are moving now. Just another thing to add to the snag list! thanks chic
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 25th October 2008, 16:34
Naughty but nice

I would be taking it up with your dealer then. The Type R mat in the pic above is the ones that you should have for a MY08 CTR
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 25th October 2008, 16:38
Administrator

Thanked 1,835 Times in 1,604 Posts
Quote:

Even if they were free, they should still fit properly.

As Angie mentions they are dangerous if they are sliding around.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 25th October 2008, 16:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimplyred View Post
Even if they were free, they should still fit properly.

As Angie mentions they are dangerous if they are sliding around.
Yeah your right there mate. I should have noticed before now.

It is sliding around at present, so maybe they will swap them. My neighbour just had a new r-gt, with correct eyelets. So ill have to call into the dealer asap.

Thanks
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 25th October 2008, 16:47
Administrator

Thanked 1,835 Times in 1,604 Posts
Quote:
Yeah your right there mate. I should have noticed before now.

It is sliding around at present, so maybe they will swap them. My neighbour just had a new r-gt, with correct eyelets. So ill have to call into the dealer asap.

Thanks
I'm sure once you point out the fact they fitted the wrong mats and that they are dangerous they will have no choice but to fit the correct ones.
Thanks to Dimplyred from:
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11th December 2008, 22:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimplyred View Post
I'm sure once you point out the fact they fitted the wrong mats and that they are dangerous they will have no choice but to fit the correct ones.
Had to go to the dealer the other day, I pointed out the mats do not line up, and the sales guy changed the whole set. Hay Presto, brand new mats all around! HAPPY DAYS

So Many Thanks to all in this thread!

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page