Civic Type RR Will NOT be happening... - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 31st October 2006, 22:50 Thread Starter

Civic Type RR Will NOT be happening...

This is taken from the civic type r owners website:

The speculation can now stop (thank god).

From the new edition of Evo:

Quote:A stripped out hardcore version of the next generation Civic Type R was considered but eventually ruled out on the grounds that there wouldn't be enough customers. However, there is still the potential for a track focussed derivative, according to Mikio Suzuki, project leader for the new Type R.

And before everyone starts reading anything into that, it'll probably be like the track focused versions of the EK9 and DC5, so no equipment, no LSD, no carpets, no Momo, normal seats and steel wheels if the EK9 was anything to go by, as they put on these bits because they know they'll be thrown in the bin later for more expensive parts. The "Racing" DC5 was similar, though retained the Recaros and alloys. Both were only sold in Japan.

Also mentioned:

Quote:it's also unlikely there will be an even more hyper version of the car. "Boosting power (currently 197bhp) would be a key aspect of that sort of car, but as the engine is already very efficient, we would have to change many, many other things. That would have implications for fuel consumption, and at Honda we're very proud of our green credentials" he said.

In terms of ride and handling, Suzuki cites the fact that the Civic has done so much teesting in Europe as helping to "mature" the Type R. He also says the latest regular Civic provides a much better base to work from than the last model.

Quote:"We wanted to keep to the original philosophy of the Type R- it should be like driving a race car on the circuit. So instead of focussing on sheer powerwe looked at the higher level dynamics, where every element needs to be outstanding and lead towards an exhilerating driving experience."

Looks like the track version will only be sold over in europe in LHD......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 1st November 2006, 06:32
您看了

First off Welcome.

Whilst your info is correct, it was also posted on the 6th September by me in this thread http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1084

It's not from the new evo though but rather one 2 months ago? (August edition, I have the November edition at home). Like I said good info though but worth reading around and about on this site, weve got loads of info on the Type-R here already.

We also know that currently there are no plans to sell the car in white or yellow. And you will also find by having a dig on this site that although you will not be able to buy a stripped out road version in the UK, you can buy a full on race version here for track use.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 1st November 2006, 17:55 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

First off hellllloo

Well like i said it was taken directly off the civic type r website and i didnt write it (copy n paste job) thats why what you are confused.

Second, kevin lufc started a post on the type RR and nobody followed up on it so thats why I did

Third, Everyone knows that they are not selling the car in yellow or white but thanks for mentioning it anyway. Red, black, silver and bronze.

cheers and chin up !!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 1st November 2006, 18:06
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to basegreen
None of this convinces me
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 1st November 2006, 18:12 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

It'd be great if they did one but oh well, altho im sure you could buy one and give it to a cool tuning company and hey presto, spoon engine conversion etc.

Im just waitin to see if the new ctr has rear torsion bars or macpherson struts (the later i hope)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2006, 07:05
您看了

Quote:
Originally Posted by petecivic View Post
First off hellllloo

Well like i said it was taken directly off the civic type r website and i didnt write it (copy n paste job) thats why what you are confused.

Second, kevin lufc started a post on the type RR and nobody followed up on it so thats why I did

Third, Everyone knows that they are not selling the car in yellow or white but thanks for mentioning it anyway. Red, black, silver and bronze.

cheers and chin up !!
Fair enough... But taken from another site or not, its worth doing a search is it not? And if your following up someone elses post why not use the "reply" button instead of starting a completely new topic on the same thing?

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2nd November 2006, 17:24 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

lol
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 8th November 2006, 17:12
AoS

Car: 2013 2.0 CR-V, Passion Red
Eco display Eco display
No Civic with the 2.3 i-VTEC turbo from the RDX then
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11th January 2007, 17:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by petecivic View Post
lol
Pete, has your dealer been in touch yet regarding your delivery date?

I've got a GT on order and am being told production has been delayed.. was expecting 1st March - now 31st March !

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page