ordered one, Am I mad? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 9th November 2006, 21:03 Thread Starter

ordered one, Am I mad?

Went to springfield Newcastle today with a query about the alloys on my 04 CTR. Anyway when i was there i thought i would see if they new anything more about the new CTR. Basically they knew less than me but In the end i have put down a 250 refundable deposit on the new CTR pending honda releasing full spec and prices etc.

You may think i am mad but if i dont like the price or the car when i see one in the flesh then its money back time. However if I do like it I am at the top of the list!

Also when i was there had a drive of a petrol type S and i must say I was impressed. It seemed really nippy! Not too keen on the seats though.

After all of this I got ****ed off on my original query re a warranty claim on alloys, so i suppose i have been well and truely shafted today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 9th November 2006, 23:31
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Type S Bournemouth Send a message via MSN to Type S Bournemouth
I really like the seats. Found them the most comfortable seats ive ever sat in but then i guess everyones different.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 10th November 2006, 09:25

Send a message via MSN to Andrea Send a message via Yahoo to Andrea
Hi, who did you speak to at newcastle?? i dealt with Ian B when i went in to look at the type s, offered me a really good deal.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 10th November 2006, 09:56 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Hi, who did you speak to at newcastle?? i dealt with Ian B when i went in to look at the type s, offered me a really good deal.

A lass called hayley, The only member of staff who could be arsed to speak to me as i stood around for 20mins.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 10th November 2006, 12:42

oh right, ive not dealt with her, ive never had any problems when i have been in, they are normally like flies around ****!! LOL
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 10th November 2006, 13:10 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
oh right, ive not dealt with her, ive never had any problems when i have been in, they are normally like flies around ****!! LOL
Probably cos i am a miserable looking git, none of the staff want to talk to me.

The lass didnt know much about the type r but i figure there will be no deals on them when they come out anyway so i dont think it matters who i buy one off
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 10th November 2006, 13:17

Very true (about the offers, not that you look miserable lol)
What colour did/are you gonna go for??
where bouts do you live??
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 10th November 2006, 15:44 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Very true (about the offers, not that you look miserable lol)
What colour did/are you gonna go for??
where bouts do you live??

Dunno what colour I am going to go for yet, I cant spec the car until orders are on the honda computer system. Dealer is going to ring me when they can do this and have full price details etc. Then I will make my final choice. Red is looking favorite at min tho, not normally a fan of red cars but the pics on www.redh.co.uk look good in red!

I am from Consett, You from lynemouth? I was there last weekend funnily enough doing a spot of fishing.I know that area well as when i was a kid parents had a caravan up there.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 10th November 2006, 16:42

I think the deep bronze will be nice, makes it stand out a bit, too. Red will look great aswell, though!

Are you going to pay the extra for air-con?
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 10th November 2006, 18:16 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
I think the deep bronze will be nice, makes it stand out a bit, too. Red will look great aswell, though!

Are you going to pay the extra for air-con?

Air con is standard, same as type s. The gt pack gets you the dual zone climate control.

I will probs go for the gt pack though as Im 29 now and need my luxuries, getting old you see!
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 10th November 2006, 18:37

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2189

It was confirmed on this thread the the type-r will not come with air-con at all. It is an option.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 10th November 2006, 19:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanojackson View Post
Dunno what colour I am going to go for yet, I cant spec the car until orders are on the honda computer system. Dealer is going to ring me when they can do this and have full price details etc. Then I will make my final choice. Red is looking favorite at min tho, not normally a fan of red cars but the pics on www.redh.co.uk look good in red!

I am from Consett, You from lynemouth? I was there last weekend funnily enough doing a spot of fishing.I know that area well as when i was a kid parents had a caravan up there.
cool, yea from lynemouth. nice and quiet around here. never been to consett as not originally from the north east.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 11th November 2006, 00:19 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2189

It was confirmed on this thread the the type-r will not come with air-con at all. It is an option.

Confirmed by a little bird?? That sounds very reliable!

From several sources including coincidentally the honda official website (www.redh.co.uk) it will have air con. There is no way in this day and age that honda could sell a car for 18 to 20k without aircon.

Here is a direct quote about the gt model, the normal type r wil have normal aircon as standard!

"Also available will be a fully-equipped GT version, with additional features such as cruise control, dual zone air conditioning, fog lights, automatic lights and wipers and curtain SRS bags. A voice-activated, state-of-the-art navigation system is offered as an option."

Last edited by insanojackson; 11th November 2006 at 00:22.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 11th November 2006, 08:40

I spoke with my local Honda dealer yesterday and they told me they are getting full spec and price details next month and they should also have a trial model around the new year.

Until I can confirm whether I can actually afford one I won't be ordering it
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 11th November 2006, 08:59 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knat View Post
I spoke with my local Honda dealer yesterday and they told me they are getting full spec and price details next month and they should also have a trial model around the new year.

Until I can confirm whether I can actually afford one I won't be ordering it

I can afford one but my point to the dealer was i wouldnt pay over 20k for a small honda car. I expect it to cone in around 18k to 18.5k for type r and 19k to 19.5 k for the gt version. Thats just from looking at the prices of competitors. I dont think honda would be stupid enough to price its car higher than the st,vxr etc which have more power (even though us sensible people know theres more to a car than pure bhp).

If it goes over 20k I will look elsewhere as you start to move into another pirce range i.e nearly new 350z, golf r32, used m3, audi tt etc etc. I am a honda fan but all the above are good cars too
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 11th November 2006, 09:02

I remember reading that the basic Type-R will be around 17k. The one I am hoping to order (Type-R GT with SatNav and rear-view camera) I am expecting it to come in at around 21k
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 11th November 2006, 09:10 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knat View Post
I remember reading that the basic Type-R will be around 17k. The one I am hoping to order (Type-R GT with SatNav and rear-view camera) I am expecting it to come in at around 21k

The GT version only costs an extra grand on the type S version and has the same extras as the type r version except the s gets a double sun roof, the type r wont get this as it will affect strctural rigidity. I really cant see the gt pack costing 3 or 4 k. Maybe 2k tops but more likely the same grand it does on the other models.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 11th November 2006, 09:19

I am kinda torn between wanting to keep the spec thats on my EX and getting a type-r and I think I'm going to have to make a choice between the 2 rather than have them both.

I'm just going to be in suspense until mid-december it seems
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 29th November 2006, 13:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanojackson View Post
Confirmed by a little bird?? That sounds very reliable!

From several sources including coincidentally the honda official website (www.redh.co.uk) it will have air con. There is no way in this day and age that honda could sell a car for 18 to 20k without aircon.

Here is a direct quote about the gt model, the normal type r wil have normal aircon as standard!

"Also available will be a fully-equipped GT version, with additional features such as cruise control, dual zone air conditioning, fog lights, automatic lights and wipers and curtain SRS bags. A voice-activated, state-of-the-art navigation system is offered as an option."
I'm afraid the word coming through from honda is that the standard type r will not have air con, only if you upgrade to the gt version!!I'm a Honda salesman and thats what we have been told!!
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 29th November 2006, 14:20 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I have heard more about this aircon thing, I had decided on the GT anyway if i am having one so its not really an issue for me.

I wish they would hurry up and announce prices cos if its over 19.5k ish for the gt i am gunna take my cash elsewhere, probably in the direction of audi for a nice new tt. Maybe a bit more to spend but residuals will be better so not much difference in running costs in long run.

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page