what I've done so far. - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10th January 2016, 16:05 Thread Starter

what I've done so far.

Hi guys, it's been a long time since I've been on but thought I'd let everyone what I've done so far.

So far I've smoothed the airbox and put a drop in k&n filter, seems to help with revs higher up but other than that not noticed any gains.

Then I had a new clutch and a mfactory light weight flywheel fitted, this definitely made a big improvement to how the car picked up and a brilliant mod.

Then I had a custom catback fitted, I asked for one as close as possible to standard looking but be 2.5 inch, the sound is brilliant without being to noisey and it definitely gave more grunt low Down.

The I got a flash pro and put the group n map on, which makes it easier to driver around as it brings more torque lower down.

I've just had a rrc intake fitted and this is by far the best mod I have done I can't belive the difference this has made, you can feel the low down torque and extra surge of power through the Rev range.

I've bought a exhaust manifold that I need to have fitted the get a remap, so far I'm very happy with the progress, if I could start again the air filter and rrc intake would be the first mods id do then the rest after that. But after exhaust manifold is fitted I'll be getting a remap and that will be job done I think I'll be happy.
Thanks to mark1983 from:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10th January 2016, 17:19
Supporter

Car: FN2 Milano Mugenised
Garage
Nice one matey.

I'm looking at getting an RRC myself, I already have a tegiwa manifold and milltek catback, definitely my best purchase so far.

Have you thought about putting an induction kit on it? I have the HKS RSK and it's amazing, the noise it makes on it's own is enough to put a smile on your face.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10th January 2016, 19:15 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

To be honest I prefer boxes, I've feed a cold air feed to it to keep the air cool, once you have the rrc you won't here the hks lol you won't regret the rrc such a big improvement, I've got the tegiwa maifold to put on next, how did you get round the Mil light coming on did you turn the secondary oxygen sensor off in your flash pro software?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10th January 2016, 22:24
Supporter

Garage
With the bung blocking off where the sensor would go I never had a light come up on the dash, I did have the GroupN map on my flashpro loaded at the time though.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11th January 2016, 10:49
Supporter

Car: FN2
Garage
Doesn't the RRC need mapping when fitted ? Have you data logged since you installed it?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11th January 2016, 11:00
A wizard is never late...

Car: 2008 Milano CTR
Garage
Yes, it needs mapping
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11th January 2016, 11:09
Boost Time...

Car: 2008 CTR NHB
Send a message via AIM to jonno66
I would of thought with all the combinations above a mapping is recommended.....
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11th January 2016, 16:48
Supporter

Garage
As group n runs pretty rich the inlet should lean out the mix a bit. Data log it and see where your fueling is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11th January 2016, 21:49 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I'm going to get it mapped after I have the exhaust manifold fitted, I've done research and apperently the group n map is made for bolt on mods including manifolds , it's still running fine and smooth as silk, I haven't data logged as of yet but plan on doing as soon as the exhaust manifold is fitted. Apperently if you have a throttle body fitted as well then you defo need a remap right away.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11th January 2016, 21:52 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearLess View Post
With the bung blocking off where the sensor would go I never had a light come up on the dash, I did have the GroupN map on my flashpro loaded at the time though.
Did you still have the first O2 sensor in the manifold in one of the hole's? Thanks matey
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12th January 2016, 19:37
Supporter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1983 View Post
Did you still have the first O2 sensor in the manifold in one of the hole's? Thanks matey
I'll be honest I had it fitted so I'm not 100% sure but I think it is, I can only remember one hole being blocked up.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12th January 2016, 19:50 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearLess View Post
I'll be honest I had it fitted so I'm not 100% sure but I think it is, I can only remember one hole being blocked up.
Thanks for reply matey
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 13th January 2016, 10:20
Supporter

Garage
Quote:
I'm going to get it mapped after I have the exhaust manifold fitted, I've done research and apperently the group n map is made for bolt on mods including manifolds , it's still running fine and smooth as silk, I haven't data logged as of yet but plan on doing as soon as the exhaust manifold is fitted. Apperently if you have a throttle body fitted as well then you defo need a remap right away.
I think the group N map came from CPL racing and was tuned to be safe with their Exhaust Manifold and Gruppe M intake and a cat back.

But I know a lot of people were running other mods including cams just on the refresh ECU ...

Datalog it and just check to be on the safe side.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 14th January 2016, 10:01 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_bhp View Post
I think the group N map came from CPL racing and was tuned to be safe with their Exhaust Manifold and Gruppe M intake and a cat back.

But I know a lot of people were running other mods including cams just on the refresh ECU ...

Datalog it and just check to be on the safe side.
Yeah will do thanks, think I'm gonna get a remap from that vitviper heard good things, plus there's know where close to me to get it on the rollers.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 15th January 2016, 17:31
Supporter

Garage
Quote:
Yeah will do thanks, think I'm gonna get a remap from that vitviper heard good things, plus there's know where close to me to get it on the rollers.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 11th March 2016, 09:51 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

So I've done a little more now, so I've had a exhaust manifold and decay, and springs, disks and brakes and hel lines with frsu and poly engine mount inserts just not the top one as it's surprised to make it vibrate in cabin a lot, the car has transformed, the power difference was unreal and handling is unbelievable to how it was stock, all I need now is a remap and then I'm finished.

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page