Hks induction kit - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 14th February 2016, 15:49 Thread Starter
Supporter

Hks induction kit

So I've been looking at getting the hks induction kit for my ctr fn2.

Tdi north supply and fit for 426
Maps 650 to 850

Is this really worth the cost?
I've got a stock engine ATM with a milltek cat to back.
Not sure if it's been mapped before I got it and also has a throttle controller.

What sort of gains will I get without a map an with a map.

Seen I can prob get upto 25bhp but 1300 sounds a lot for just that if it even manages it.

What other things can I do to add some bhp that won't kill my budget but make enough difference.

Bit of a noob just getting into all this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 14th February 2016, 16:02
Supporter

I've got the hks RSK on mine and Personally mate there are gains to be had with it (I'm not denying it )but the main difference is noise..it really does shout on the crossover but if you wanted an induction kit that would make a lil more of a difference I would say either MUGEN or hybrid racing ....but to be honest mate I think you would get better gains from a race header and remap from the great guys at TDI north ..when I got mine the midrange difference was definitely noticeable and not placebo effect like some mods...but if you could do all 3 that would be ideal of course......this is all just my opinion and experiences tho pal.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 14th February 2016, 16:19
A wizard is never late...

Car: 2008 Milano CTR
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typersam1 View Post
but if you wanted an induction kit that would make a lil more of a difference I would say either MUGEN or hybrid racing ....
if your hung up on numbers then your probably better with a tegiwa/mugen air box, however its only a small bhp difference.

a HR/skunk2 intake will only give you huge gains if you have cams, but it would be a good bet for future proofing your build if you ever have cams put in. and the pricing is very similar between a HR and HKS, even after import costs.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 14th February 2016, 17:22
Enjoying life

Car: '06 Cosmic Grey EP3 prem CTR
Fitting isn't too difficult tbh, took me a careful hour and a half. Managed to take it off and back to standard in half an hour.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 14th February 2016, 19:25
Supporter

Car: 2010 FN2
Ashley,

The best thing to do would be to fit an exhaust header at the same time as the intake and have a remap done then. It'd make a huge difference to mid range as well as peak power - a lot of people rate it as the best power mod you can do. Used ones appear from time to time and won't cost you the earth. A new one from Tegiwa is 500. You'll need to find a friendly MoT tester though as the header gets rid of your catalytic converter. Either that or get a cat fitted further along in your exhaust.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 14th February 2016, 20:49
Supporter

Car: Milano fn2
Its worth it for the suction noise and pannnng in VTEC alone when flooring it
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 14th February 2016, 23:34
Supporter

Car: 2008 fn2 red
you wont necessarily get a big hike in numbers. with the milltek and hks youre looking around 212bhp .when mapped another 8 bhp. all engines are different though depending on how thy have been run in and cared for.the mapping from tdi isn't really about numbers its the driveability of the car. the car will feel different to drive. the vtec is set exactly for your car not like a group n mapping. this varies from car to car . mine kicks in at 5100rpm.there are no flat spots and it is so smooth to drive. each gear change is perfect no drop in revs so easy to move fast with no drop in power between changes.i bought my flashpro secondhand for 400 then the map was 350. it is a lot but you've got the flashpro for future tunes .any additional tunes then are about 90 at tdi on the dyno,so not too bad.
Thank You to chrisg18 from 2 Users:

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Tags
induction kit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page