2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Type R Survey - possibly shape the new one...

4K views 45 replies 31 participants last post by  Djini 
#1 ·
We are running a quick survey on the Type R.

This survey asks existing or ex-owners about their cars.

It also asks what it is you would like in a new (possible) forthcoming Type R.

Honda will, of course, be reading the results - so if you are a current Type R owner or a potential buyer of a new Type R in the future, then now is the chance to let your thoughts be known.

To take the survey, please click here. The results are here, and access to all our previous surveys is here.

For instructions on filtering the results, see here: http://www.civinfo.com/wiki/index.php?title=Surveys

Thank you!

#3 ·
I prefer without turbo, they would have to move with the times....HID's, Aux/USB port, LSD etc

#4 ·
but doesn't the 09MY Type-R model have all these :confused:

#5 ·
I thought it was just the CW apart from the Aux/USB which I believe is standard from 09

#6 ·
240 bhp, 19" wheels and im sold :-D

#8 ·
lol yep :-D Although it obviously be a better car than this one etc.... Which would be a difficult job!! The current Type R is ace!! :-D

#9 ·
I reckon better paint at least thicker and less prone to stone chips, better interior plastics, bigger brakes and wheels as standard also grill badge and stickers as standard no extra costs.

Engine wise it would be good if it was more powerfull not fussed about a turbo just more BHP and perhaps some kinda of supercharger so you still get responsivness and no turbo lag while being able to drive it every day around the city, and an engine that can be tuned to give a higher out put for those who wish to as it seems like it costs a fortune to get a few extra BHP with the Type R engines.

A seat with memory, option to turn off those annoying beeps.

Few nigles but im happy overall

#15 · (Edited)
Agree with the Turbo comment - fellas it's a CTR.. we're all about High Revving FTW! No Turbo malark for me :lol:

Grille Badge & Decals as standard, a minimum of 220 bhp, better paint and I'm laughing... mind i'm laughing anyway.. NHB CTR 4TW!

Perhaps softer riding suspension, and I say perhaps, because the ride doesn't bother me.. honestly! - it's more the fact that I feel like the car is taking damage over potholes, speedbumps and cracked roads.. But saying that.. Just because we don't feel it (if they soften the suspension) doesn't mean it ain't happening.. (exposed to wack roads) :worms:

#16 · (Edited)
I wouldn't buy one if they stuck a turbo on it..

Its a testiment to there design ability to create an engine that can do what it does were some turbo models struggle..

I would however like to see more power, possibly nearer the S2000 output.

Also a rear view camera(like on the 370z) which uses the rear view mirror.

Think it needs a computer like the GTR and supra's etc, to show accel, g-forces and all that jazz, but also play music, dvd's and the likes as standard.

Slightly better built interior is a must.

Thicker pain, BLOODY STONE CHIPS

And I heartely agree with the seat memory, nothuing worse that letting people out then spending the next 20mins getting your seat just right again.

The ride doesnt bother me as it handles like a dream and cruises well.. although on long journeys it does hurt

#17 ·
I have a feeling that most people assume that a more supple suspension would lead to reduced handling/grip/precision. Of course this is not the case - the crashing bounciness is a function of the design and component quality. Many great handling cars are also quite supple; the Lotus 7 and NSX spring to mind.

#27 ·
Although this thread is about CTR's, there are a few common gripes.
For me there are these that MUST be addressed in a NEW Civic:
Rear visibility + No rear wiper...and water ingress into the rear lights with Moss/algae growing there!!
Crap paint..The worst I've EVER seen in nearly 40 years of driving!
Poor suspension.
Poor brakes.... Better if you fit non Honda pads.
Interior plastics
I might even consider a CTR next time if they address all this!!
Actually.........er......No;)

#28 ·
I've not had mine long enough to really add many comments or take the survey but my only observation this far is the seat position, I am slanted on my opinion but I just prefer the 'dial' type adjustment, you can actually get the back of the seat exactly where you want it. I'm still not entirely comfortable with where I have mine but as soon as I use the lever I seem to be catapulted forward and it is awkward to lean back and get it to stop where i want it, I had a Celica years ago with the same lever style adjustment and it was murder but I chopped it in for a Corolla T-Sport and that had the dial...Hooray........ok, it is now obvious I'm a woman! :)

Totally agree with the comments regarding memory for seat position too, nothing more irritating that the spouse using it and changing it! :rolleyes:

#30 ·
I am not sure if honda can get more power of a 2 litre engine without some new normally aspirated technology, especially with all the environmental regulations. So they might have to go bigger engine, which would be more expensive to maintain the free reviness and responsivnes in any case. I say force fed ( turbo or supercharger) with vtec and no less than 9000 rpm. Now that will still be a type r in my mind.

#31 ·
Well they could always try and squeeze the S2000's block in to the new one. It''s not like there will be an S2000 on sale then (c2013?).

Or to get MPG, low emissions, and power, the 2.0 iVTEC with a motor. No lag, free revs, and torque. Ok, so the batteries make it heavier, but it would fit with the 'wacky and green' hondamentality too. Perhaps they could use a smaller but better battery than the Civic Hybrid to limit this.

#33 ·
A hybrid Type R.....?

Dear god no.

I think some people are forgetting the point of a Type R :(
I was just suggesting an alternative to the turbo/supercharger route to more power. It would be normally aspirated after all, and that's an R fundamental, no? No lag, fuel economy when you're not thraping it, and they might actually be able to sell them in 4-5 years time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.