FN2 Transmission Oil Change Interval? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2016, 11:39 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2011 FN2 - Sapphire Blue
FN2 Transmission Oil Change Interval?

Morning all

I've looked over the wiki and various online articles, as well as the handbook and I've also contacted my local Honda dealer. From what I gather the service interval for changing the transmission/gearbox oil seems to be every 75k miles or 8 years. Is this correct, as it seems a long interval to me?

My FN2 has the factory fitted LSD, so I'm unsure whether or not that makes a difference to the interval?

Last edited by theshabster; 2nd March 2016 at 11:41.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2016, 12:16
Supporter

Car: 2008 CTR, NHB
Garage
I shall be doing mine with the next big service in summer. I'm just over 75k miles and the car will be 8 years old too. Some have changed their oil early to troubleshoot a poor gear change.

Honda set that interval so it must be safe waiting for it, although there is no harm changing it sooner if you felt like doing it, just stick to the recommended Honda MTF oil.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2016, 12:30 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2011 FN2 - Sapphire Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCider View Post
I shall be doing mine with the next big service in summer. I'm just over 75k miles and the car will be 8 years old too. Some have changed their oil early to troubleshoot a poor gear change.

Honda set that interval so it must be safe waiting for it, although there is no harm changing it sooner if you felt like doing it, just stick to the recommended Honda MTF oil.
I may get it done early whilst it's in for the 5yr service later this month. Car has only done just shy of 29k miles. Gear changes seem OK, with the exception of engaging 1st to 2nd gear at high revs, where sometimes it struggles to get into 2nd. I believe this is a common occurrence, and some fixes include changing the transmission fluid and adjusting the clutch bite point. I'll ask Stevie @ Grinspeed to take a look at it for me when it's in for a service.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 18th April 2016, 18:31

Mines coming up to 75k, it's starting to crunch every now and then! what are people's views on the oil change did it make a massive difference?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 18th April 2016, 18:46
Supporter

It did in my old EP3... like chalk and cheese. So much better. Looking at doing my FN soon

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page