ctr 07 Hondata knock count. - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 18th March 2016, 16:06 Thread Starter

ctr 07 Hondata knock count.

As above guys basically have had a bit of work done to car now and I aways data log to make sure everything's ok, I had a rrc intake manifold fitted a few months back and it recorded 10 knocks over a few days easy driving, then went down to 3 and then 0, then I had a exhaust manifold fitted and on way home it recored 27 in a 30 minute period, so I've been driving it easy steadily increasing how I drive, on Wednesday I went on a 2and half hour drive and clocked 42 knocks with most on cylinder 3 and only 5 on cylinder 2, anyways on way home today (same drive way home), I only recorded 5 all on cylinder 2, so am I right in thinking the ecu still adjust after so many driving cycles? I was thinking becuase all the knocks were on cylinder 3 I thought maybe phantom knock as apperently that's were the knock sensor is closet, I also had bottom engine mounts changed with poly insert kits, and springs , I am going to get vitviper to tune soon as it's more convenient than travelling to have it rolling road tuned, can anyone shed any light or have a hit the nail on the bum? Cheers guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 18th March 2016, 17:57
A wizard is never late...

Car: 2008 Milano CTR
Garage
i would not drive my car without a map with those mods on.

do you have data from before those mods had been fitted? could be connected.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 18th March 2016, 18:59 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I only had the ones from when I had the intake manifold, but that stopped after about a week and now this seems to be getting better, hondata said to someone who had 27 knocks in a 20 minute period that it's not excessive and not to worry, but when it's your own car you can't help it, I'll be getting it mapped as of next week

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 18th March 2016, 22:53
Supporter

Car: 2010 FN2
If you've paid Vit for your etune he will send you an initial map you can safely use before the tuning begins in earnest. Get it uploaded onto your car - I wouldn't want to run a car with different manifolds on with an unmodified map.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 19th March 2016, 07:36
Supporter

Car: FN2
Garage
I wouldn't drive the car any more without a map change. Hopefully you haven't caused any serious damage to the internals!

what were your AFR's when the knocks were recorded?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 19th March 2016, 10:15 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I don't know haven't looked at afrs I know the group n map which is what it's on at the moment was made to run with a exhaust manifold and surrporting mods,
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 19th March 2016, 13:07
Supporter

Car: FN2
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1983 View Post
I don't know haven't looked at afrs I know the group n map which is what it's on at the moment was made to run with a exhaust manifold and surrporting mods,
Group N was for an intake which supports the standard MAF housing and exhaust manifold and cat-back. nothing more (although some ran cams on the refresh)

What other mods do you have? Check the AFR's as that could be whats causing the knocks....
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2016, 12:43 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_bhp View Post
Group N was for an intake which supports the standard MAF housing and exhaust manifold and cat-back. nothing more (although some ran cams on the refresh)

What other mods do you have? Check the AFR's as that could be whats causing the knocks....
I've just uploaded my first tune from vit so no vteching for a while now, I was under the impression that cpl developed the group n map for there exhuast manifold? So far I've got a lightweight flywheel, drop in k&n filter with cold air , rrc intake manifold , exhaust manifold, 2.5" catback, and I think that's it , once it's been tined I'll be leaving it Ive spent enough on it now lol.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2016, 14:30
Supporter

No throttle body fitted to go with the RRC? Also, I've got a JDM RRC cover for sale on here if you fancy Enjoy the Vit experience...it's great fun!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2016, 09:03 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBoy View Post
No throttle body fitted to go with the RRC? Also, I've got a JDM RRC cover for sale on here if you fancy Enjoy the Vit experience...it's great fun!
Nah from all research I've been doing the throttle body didn't seem wort the money to be honest, how much do u want for the rrc intake cover? Well I have a wot pull today on my calibration from 1700 to 5500 in 3rd
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2016, 20:51
Supporter

Quote:
Nah from all research I've been doing the throttle body didn't seem wort the money to be honest, how much do u want for the rrc intake cover? Well I have a wot pull today on my calibration from 1700 to 5500 in 3rd
Nice - I remember that bit well! Soon you'll be going upto 8,600 and it'll get better and better

The RRC cover is up at 50 but I'll take an offer. Have a look in the for sale section...there are a few pics.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 24th March 2016, 14:56 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBoy View Post
Nice - I remember that bit well! Soon you'll be going upto 8,600 and it'll get better and better

The RRC cover is up at 50 but I'll take an offer. Have a look in the for sale section...there are a few pics.
If you still have it mate I'll offer 40. Did my first wot in 3rd to 5500 rpm
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 24th March 2016, 15:36
Supporter

Quote:
If you still have it mate I'll offer 40. Did my first wot in 3rd to 5500 rpm
The car will start to come alive before long...he's a fantastic tuner. Spot on mate - the cover's yours. Can you make it official on the thread for me?

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page