Strange problem,Thank you for Help! - Civinfo
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 27th March 2016, 19:33 Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 15th November 2015
Location: Serbian,Zr RS
Posts: 103
Thanks: 42
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Strange problem,Thank you for Help!

Hello all,
I have some strange problem with my Honda fn2. Today i was driving fast,vtec a lot like track days I have some road to try over 200km/h and there is problem. In fifth gear i can rich just 202 km/h and blockade-rev limiter come in less then 8000 revs(about 7900). I think that others gears are ok but i am not sure. I tried again and same think . 1 week ago everything was normal. *** tell me is not big problem.
Thank you all!

Last edited by kosarkas94; 27th March 2016 at 20:15.
kosarkas94 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 27th March 2016, 21:10
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader
 
Loxy's Avatar
 
Car: 2009 Championship White FN2
Join Date: 17th January 2010
Location: Lancashire GB
Posts: 6,694
Thanks: 1,561
Thanked 1,528 Times in 1,107 Posts
iTrader: (37)
Eco display
Is the car remapped? Any mods and if so what? Full tank of fuel when it happens? Does it do it after you've now stopped let it cool down?
Loxy is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 27th March 2016, 21:14 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Join Date: 15th November 2015
Location: Serbian,Zr RS
Posts: 103
Thanks: 42
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxy View Post
Is the car remapped? Any mods and if so what? Full tank of fuel when it happens? Does it do it after you've now stopped let it cool down?
Everything is stock. Fuel is not full almost reserve but is not. I do not know I have drive normal (easy like 10-15 min )and try again. Same thing rev limiter in 7900 rpm.
kosarkas94 is offline  
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 27th March 2016, 22:09
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader
 
Loxy's Avatar
 
Car: 2009 Championship White FN2
Join Date: 17th January 2010
Location: Lancashire GB
Posts: 6,694
Thanks: 1,561
Thanked 1,528 Times in 1,107 Posts
iTrader: (37)
Eco display
Assuming you aren't getting any warnings or Engine Management lights, does it only do it in 5th? Tried it now you've put more fuel in it?
Loxy is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 27th March 2016, 22:42 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Join Date: 15th November 2015
Location: Serbian,Zr RS
Posts: 103
Thanks: 42
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxy View Post
Assuming you aren't getting any warnings or Engine Management lights, does it only do it in 5th? Tried it now you've put more fuel in it?
Yes just in 5th.I will try tomorrow,is there any option of car that put rev limiter earlyer when you are almost on low fuel?
I do not have any errors.I thing 5th gear can rich about 212 km-h.I can rich only 202 before lev limiter come.
kosarkas94 is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 28th March 2016, 00:11 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Join Date: 15th November 2015
Location: Serbian,Zr RS
Posts: 103
Thanks: 42
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Here is a video,i can not past this speed in 5th gear. You will see when limiter come,i had just 4 dots on indicator of shift....
kosarkas94 is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 28th March 2016, 00:53
 
Join Date: 4th February 2014
Location: SK SK
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (0)
strange, but it looks like lambda is getting bad readings and retarding fueling to the engine, maybe, but not sure without datalogging, but what you others think? could it be older cat or burned lambda and because of bad emissions it restricts fueling?
wiliks is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 28th March 2016, 01:04 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Join Date: 15th November 2015
Location: Serbian,Zr RS
Posts: 103
Thanks: 42
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiliks View Post
strange, but it looks like is getting bad readings and retarding fueling to the engine, maybe, but not sure without datalogging, but what you others think? could it be older cat or burned lambda and because of bad emissions it restricts fueling?
burned lambda is that very big problem? Is that bad for engine?
kosarkas94 is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 28th March 2016, 06:46
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader
 
Loxy's Avatar
 
Car: 2009 Championship White FN2
Join Date: 17th January 2010
Location: Lancashire GB
Posts: 6,694
Thanks: 1,561
Thanked 1,528 Times in 1,107 Posts
iTrader: (37)
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiliks View Post
strange, but it looks like lambda is getting bad readings and retarding fueling to the engine, maybe, but not sure without datalogging, but what you others think? could it be older cat or burned lambda and because of bad emissions it restricts fueling?
I was thinking this. The other thing was maybe the fuel system isn't supplying enough fuel, either through blockage in the system, faulty injector or restricted filter.

You really need to get a run data logged, otherwise it is guesswork.
Loxy is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 28th March 2016, 09:05 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Join Date: 15th November 2015
Location: Serbian,Zr RS
Posts: 103
Thanks: 42
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxy View Post
I was thinking this. The other thing was maybe the fuel system isn't supplying enough fuel, either through blockage in the system, faulty injector or restricted filter.

You really need to get a run data logged, otherwise it is guesswork.
I will do data log. Is there any chanse if i put more fuel in car and try one more time?
kosarkas94 is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 28th March 2016, 15:15 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Join Date: 15th November 2015
Location: Serbian,Zr RS
Posts: 103
Thanks: 42
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (0)
I just want to tell all that i put some fuel in my car about half a tank and car goes normal. Is there any option of the car when you reach almost low fuel and car do not let you go over 200 km/h in 5th gear or 7900 rpm in 5th gear?
THANK YOU ALL FOR HELP!
kosarkas94 is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 28th March 2016, 15:34
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader
 
Loxy's Avatar
 
Car: 2009 Championship White FN2
Join Date: 17th January 2010
Location: Lancashire GB
Posts: 6,694
Thanks: 1,561
Thanked 1,528 Times in 1,107 Posts
iTrader: (37)
Eco display
No that's not a feature.

My guess is either your fuel pump is weak and needs the weight of a bit of fuel to work properly or your fuel filter is due for changing.
Loxy is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 28th March 2016, 15:39 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Join Date: 15th November 2015
Location: Serbian,Zr RS
Posts: 103
Thanks: 42
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxy View Post
No that's not a feature.

My guess is either your fuel pump is weak and needs the weight of a bit of fuel to work properly or your fuel filter is due for changing.
What means pump is weak? Almost done or? I think that fuel filter is changed 5000 km ago. Do i need to change it again?

i can not go in any garage because nobody want to drive it so fast to see that also now is everything normal hmm maybe just bad fuel or something like that?
kosarkas94 is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 28th March 2016, 16:24 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Join Date: 15th November 2015
Location: Serbian,Zr RS
Posts: 103
Thanks: 42
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosarkas94 View Post
What means pump is weak? Almost done or? I think that fuel filter is changed 5000 km ago. Do i need to change it again?

i can not go in any garage because nobody want to drive it so fast to see that also now is everything normal hmm maybe just bad fuel or something like that?
i think that fuel filter is not changed on my car because i bought it second hand i do not know for sure. When i am changing fuel filter do i need to pull out whole fuel pump or?
kosarkas94 is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 28th March 2016, 16:29
 
Join Date: 4th February 2014
Location: SK SK
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (0)
As Loxy mentioned its just guessing without datalog. Try to find some friend with flashpro or other diagnostic thingy and you can find out. It can read bad readings even on lower gear but you are not recognising it.

I guess it is something connected with fueling that is strongly connected with emissions and lambda readings on stock car. Also this is one of the disadventages when stock car with MAF cal. communicates with ECU. That is also the reason of slower throttle response because ECU according to MAF sensor burns some fuel, than asks lambda "is it ok?" after that ECU manage readings and inject some fuel and over again etc. And once cat converter is older or lambda sensor is burned due this faulty readings ECU restricts fuel.

But you mentioned when you have a lot of fuel it is going maybe right? Try some injector cleaner mixed with 100 octane fuel, full tank and go on ride somewhere if that helps. But I doubt.

Really hard to distinguish just by guessing...
wiliks is offline  
Thanks to wiliks from:
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 28th March 2016, 16:45 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Join Date: 15th November 2015
Location: Serbian,Zr RS
Posts: 103
Thanks: 42
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiliks View Post
As Loxy mentioned its just guessing without datalog. Try to find some friend with flashpro or other diagnostic thingy and you can find out. It can read bad readings even on lower gear but you are not recognising it.

I guess it is something connected with fueling that is strongly connected with emissions and lambda readings on stock car. Also this is one of the disadventages when stock car with MAF cal. communicates with ECU. That is also the reason of slower throttle response because ECU according to MAF sensor burns some fuel, than asks lambda "is it ok?" after that ECU manage readings and inject some fuel and over again etc. And once cat converter is older or lambda sensor is burned due this faulty readings ECU restricts fuel.

But you mentioned when you have a lot of fuel it is going maybe right? Try some injector cleaner mixed with 100 octane fuel, full tank and go on ride somewhere if that helps. But I doubt.

Really hard to distinguish just by guessing...
i have know less than half tank. Tried again and everything is normal. I am on 140 000 km and i do know know about fuel filter because i bought car second hand. Maybe is duo for changing. I am going to change it tomorrow. I do not know what to think.
kosarkas94 is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 29th March 2016, 13:33 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Join Date: 15th November 2015
Location: Serbian,Zr RS
Posts: 103
Thanks: 42
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (0)
is there any other opinions what could be?
Thank you!
kosarkas94 is offline  
Reply

  Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alarm Strange alarm problem Parksy Electronics (8G) 18 20th January 2016 22:51
strange problem bleu civic General Discussion (8G) 10 4th January 2015 17:25
Electrics Strange problem, please help Javornik Electronics (8G) 7 3rd April 2014 23:23
Strange problem: stereo maybe corgi Previous Civics 1 29th January 2009 21:58
strange noise strange problem tvtltd General Discussion (8G) 4 18th February 2008 16:49

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome