FRSU on Standard Springs - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2016, 10:09 Thread Starter

FRSU on Standard Springs

Just wondering if an FRSU is worth it on standard springs and shocks. Most of the threads that discuss FRSU seem to be where it was done in conjunction with fitting 15mm or 30mm lowering springs. Has anyone had an FRSU on standard suspension and what are your thoughts on it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2016, 11:01
Supporter

I've had a set up done on standard springs and it does make a difference. I'm glad I had it done. If I did it again though I would have the Eibach pro kit fitted at the same time.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2016, 11:38
Supporter

Car: 2008 Type R FN2, NHB
The suspension has to be disconnected in order to fit camber bolts / shims for a FRSU anyway, so I would say that it's worth fitting 15mm Eibachs at the same time, considering that the springs are only about 150 from the right sources. The labour charge won't be much different.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2016, 11:44
Supporter

Car: 2009 FN3
Garage
On the flip side of this, are they any negative impacts of fitting lowering springs without doing an FRSU at the same time?

I know the benefits of the FRSU and definitely on my list, but could do with leaving it for the time being, but i'm eager to get the eibachs fitted.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2016, 11:46
Supporter

Car: 2008 Type R FN2, NHB
Fitting shorter springs will definitely change the geometry, and you will need the car realigned. It will handle poorly until done, and may cause excessive wear to tyres and suspension components (bushings). Get both done at once - as above, the suspension has to be disconnected to do both the FRSU and springs, so you might as well wait until you have the money and save a bit overall.
Thanks to anthropolyte from:
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2016, 12:14
Supporter

Car: 2009 FN3
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthropolyte View Post
Fitting shorter springs will definitely change the geometry, and you will need the car realigned. It will handle poorly until done, and may cause excessive wear to tyres and suspension components (bushings). Get both done at once - as above, the suspension has to be disconnected to do both the FRSU and springs, so you might as well wait until you have the money and save a bit overall.
Thanks for that info. Yeah, i do like to save money in the long run, and definitely don't want to cause excessive wear on my tyres (tight-a$$ that i am!), so i think i'll take your advice and hold off on it for a bit longer!

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page