Who's up on there Type R spark plugs ? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 4th March 2017, 20:18 Thread Starter
Supporter

Who's up on there Type R spark plugs ?

Hi Guys,

Saw a post a few days ago about someone asking what plugs for FN2 type R. People were going on about the different heat temp ones, then one guy mentioning that his were not the best when cold and the car popped a bit with a mis fire but then when warm they were great. Anyway me too is after a good set of plugs, but I LIKE any pops and mis fires and bangs and wish my CTR was like a r35 popping down the road.

Anyone know of a good fast road plug that would maybe give me some pops and also great performance ?

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 5th March 2017, 06:07
Supporter

Car: FN2
Garage
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 5th March 2017, 07:48 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Normally something like NGK BKR7EIX, around £30 a set, but curious if there is a better option with stronger spark etc ? Ive seen people talk about different heat ranges etc of plugs available ? Just wondering what advantage if any it would be going for say ONE step colder etc ? Plugs are such a important part of the engine as we know, just wanted to see if there was a better ! Than stock version, for like fast road / track ? Think even HKS do a set for example ? Would these be any better than stock ?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 5th March 2017, 09:19
Supporter

6988 NGK BKR7EIX

I know thats what the oem plug is but any idea what 6988 section refers to ? Is it plug gap by any chance

Keep seing ngk bkr7eix but the 4 digits at start vary a lot but cant work out what difference is
Thanks to vti444 from:
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 5th March 2017, 09:22 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Not sure mate , u maybe right, I'm just after a high end set of plugs, thought I saw some HKS ones etc but can't find now.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 5th March 2017, 09:27
Supporter

Hks do some with price tag doubled and you see no benefit. The oem are fine for stock and quite highly modded engines.

For what your looking for best to just get that feature put in by getting car mapped but is the cost worth it for the pops and bangs ?
Thanks to vti444 from:
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 5th March 2017, 10:34

Car: 57 plate CTR GT
Me personally i've never needed a reason to go to a colder plug on an N/A engine, I've had to do it on my boosted cars but that's cos the boost was raised along with other mods to support a +50% power increase, unless you have a high comp engine kicking out a load of power then the standard plug will probably be fine.

NGK state that a general "rule of thumb" is 1 grade colder for a 75-100bhp increase...i dare say there will be some exceptions to that, but it gives you an rough idea of when you should be looking at plug temp range.

Last edited by weegaz22; 5th March 2017 at 11:30.

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page