• 1 Post By flashy
  • 1 Post By Ricky Eyers
  • 1 Post By flashy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 24th March 2017, 09:32 Thread Starter

Car: 2010 CTR GT LSD
Garage
Lowering springs or OEM

I will be changing my front shocks on my new car on the 3rd of April but was hoping to get a few opinions on this, I have had a couple lads on here say the lowering springs are still the best option. I have got a set of standard springs as well though. I live in the north london area where there is alot of speed bumps and I have noticed a bit of scrapping here and there (especially around muswell hill) I am sure its just the under tray and i have to say I do like the look of the car being low, I believe they look like skunk2 lowering springs more than the eibach ones but there's not any markings on them. So if i was to change back OEM springs what height increase will i be looking at and will the drive just be better if i get new Shocks (OSF badly leaking and NSF starting to leak)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 24th March 2017, 09:40
Enjoying life

Car: '06 Cosmic Grey EP3 prem CTR
Just read elsewhere that skunk2 springs will lower between 30 to 60mm. That's quite a drop, my eibach are 15mm drop and are just right imo. Tein offer 20 drop at rear and 15 at front, that sounds perfect for this car. I wouldn't go back to oem, the car has improved quite a bit.
TYPE-R '07 likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 24th March 2017, 09:45 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Just read elsewhere that skunk2 springs will lower between 30 to 60mm. That's quite a drop, my eibach are 15mm drop and are just right imo. Tein offer 20 drop at rear and 15 at front, that sounds perfect for this car. I wouldn't go back to oem, the car has improved quite a bit.
When i take them off the car when changing the shocks I will be able to tell if they're Skunk2 or Eibachs but either way seeing as there is a few people saying don't go OEM i'll just put them up for sale again on eBay or somewhere. I'll start planning my journeys to avoid speed bumps from now on though lol

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 24th March 2017, 09:52
Enjoying life

What colour are they? Skunks are red, tein are green, eibach are black.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 24th March 2017, 10:22 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Thanks Flashy, BTW love the look of your car in the avatar have you got a link to more pictures of it ?.

I have just jacked it up and cleaned the springs, Well they're black but they're none of the makes suggested. Seems to be H&R 29091 VA. So done a bit of research and seen they lower the car from 25-35mm. It does say on Venom motorsport they can be used with OEM shocks or H&R shocks so im going to do a bit of searching for some front H&R shocks.
flashy likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 24th March 2017, 10:30
Enjoying life

Forgot about H&R.

There's one or two pics on here

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/modific...s-nhb-fn2.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sketch-1489480531003.jpg (89.6 KB, 27 views)
Ricky Eyers likes this.

Last edited by flashy; 24th March 2017 at 10:37.

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page