2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Brake disks

4K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  stevencavanagh 
#1 ·
Hi I am looking for new brake disks for my fn2 as mine are getting worn, I have seen these on eBay and wondering if they are any good as it seems abit cheap for all 4 disks with pads

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#10 ·
I was looking at these before the disks I have posted about, i actually put rpb brake disks on eBay which brought these up.
I just don't fancy paying nearly £700 for 4 disks at the minute to be honest.

#9 ·
I don't use drilled myself any more but used to run the same mtec discs and never had a problem,I no there have been issues in the past with drilled discs cracking but if he is only using them in the road the chance of getting them hot enough to crack is slim to none

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Discs are just for bling really, OEM will work just fine on OEM calipers.

It's only if you're tracking the car do you need to worry about warping / cracking from drilled discs etc (unless you're REALLY abusing it on the b-roads ;) ) I've always gone grooved myself as I'd rather not take the extra risk of cracking having drilled for zero benefits. Again, shouldn't be an issue on the road however.

I've ran MTEC on 3 of my Hondas with no issues so I rate them.

I'd spend the extra money on decent pads and braided lines, OEM fluid is again fine as it's unlikely to get boiled on the roads but RBF600 is good stuff.

Reactions: fastphil
#19 · (Edited)
Hi I am looking for new brake disks for my fn2 as mine are getting worn, I have seen these on eBay and wondering if they are any good as it seems abit cheap for all 4 disks with pads

Cheers

I have buyed exactly the same KIT ... [emoji28] Next week I will put them on the car [emoji1303] :wink3:

+ Goodridge Hoses and RBF600[emoji1369]

Reactions: musegroove
#25 ·
Hi Guys,

I am also in the process of shopping around for new brakes for my 2009 FN2. The car has 57K mikes and I have owned it for the last 7K.
Currently my (wife's) 2007 1.8 EX stops better (new standard brakes all round about 2 years back) so I am hoping to completely change the brakes on the FN2 soon.
I am not tracking the car but I do like to feel confidence under braking. It plays a huge part in my overall enjoyment of driving.
I am thinking of going for the Mtec discs, grooved only and Brembo pads, buying direct from Mtec.
My question is, does upgrading to stainless steel hoses make as much of a difference as advertised?
From what I have seen in this thread my guess is yes but I just want some more detail on the difference from stock?
It's wort the extra £100?

Thanks,

Sean.

#27 ·
I am also in the process of shopping around for new brakes for my 2009 FN2. The car has 57K mikes and I have owned it for the last 7K.
Currently my (wife's) 2007 1.8 EX stops better (new standard brakes all round about 2 years back) so I am hoping to completely change the brakes on the FN2 soon.
I am not tracking the car but I do like to feel confidence under braking. It plays a huge part in my overall enjoyment of driving.
I am thinking of going for the Mtec discs, grooved only and Brembo pads, buying direct from Mtec.
My question is, does upgrading to stainless steel hoses make as much of a difference as advertised?
From what I have seen in this thread my guess is yes but I just want some more detail on the difference from stock?
It's wort the extra £100?
Sean.
Definitely worth it, I use spoon callipers with braided hoses, plain discs and ds2500 pads and they feel great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#26 ·
Hi mate.
Yes it worth ....I have on my FN1 the FN2 front brakes, treated MTec drilled & grooved discs + Brembo BlackEdition pads , all 6 Goodridge steel hoses & RBF 600 brake oil
Like I said it before... Now I can say that my FN1 has good brakes .

Sent from my IPhone X using Tapatalk

#28 ·
Yes, braided hoses defo helps. I have them both my FN2 and derv

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.