Experiencing some issues with brakes and clutch/gearbox - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By musegroove

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 9th May 2017, 18:51 Thread Starter

Car: 2008 CTR, Milano Red
Experiencing some issues with brakes and clutch/gearbox

I've been trashing my Type R for the past five days (30 minutes per day) on the open road. It's not a track, its an open but almost closed road, so basically, I am pushing my car to the limits. After 2-3 days, I have noticed that by the end, when the car is warmed up, I would have problems with the clutch/gearbox and the brakes.
This clutch/gearbox issue doesn't allow me to change gears. I would push the clutch, and try to change it to the next gear, it wouldn't allow me. Then, I would try a higher gear (such as 5th or 6th), I still wouldn't be able to. While in neutral, I would release the clutch, push it again, and it still wouldn't allow me. I would just wait for 15-20 seconds, let it roll for a bit, then I would be able to enter a gear. I am not sure what it might be, I will go change the gearbox oil, as I think this might be the cause of the problems. The same applies for the breaks - when it is warmed up, breaks are not working properly. The breaking power is way lower than before and the breaking path is much longer. Again, I will change the brake oil, even though this might be just a case of overheating. Still, the gearbox issue troubles me more.
Any opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 9th May 2017, 21:53

Eco display
I would change brake fluid and clutch one as well, in many cars clutch and brakes use same type of fluid which is prone to absorb water. Brake fluid as far as I'm aware should be changed every 2 years.
Thanks to piasek from:
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 9th May 2017, 22:59
250bhp.... finally :)

Car: 08 CTR, Milano Red
Change the brake fluid, clutch fluid and gearbox oil if not done recently.

If your bite is low on the floor even afterwards this should help:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-gui...point-fn2.html
Farqui and jaxckhan like this.
Thanks to musegroove from:

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page