3Likes
  • 1 Post By flashy
  • 1 Post By Higgo8
  • 1 Post By musegroove

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th May 2017, 00:50 Thread Starter

Fn2 Remap

Hey all,

I'd be looking into mapping my car in the near future and was wondering if anyone could recommend Avon Tuning? I've seen a dyno reading of before and after and I'm seeing an increase of 18hp on the standard car which seems phenomenal. Going by research on here, I'm struggling to see fn2's hit that with a catback exhaust and induction mods nevermind a stock car.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th May 2017, 07:06
Supporter

Car: 2008 Type R FN2, NHB
I'd take it with a large pinch of salt. A remap alone is highly unlikely to see gains of 18bhp - the primary role of a remap on a semi-stock car is to increase mid range torque, not bhp.

Do you have a copy of the printout?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th May 2017, 08:36 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthropolyte View Post
I'd take it with a large pinch of salt. A remap alone is highly unlikely to see gains of 18bhp - the primary role of a remap on a semi-stock car is to increase mid range torque, not bhp.

Do you have a copy of the printout?
Which is why I'm asking to hear from anyone else. It quotes on their website an increase of 18bhp also, they are a reputable tuner so I'm guessing it's legit. Got to remember it's a full on remap of the ECU, not a hondata so could be possible.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th May 2017, 10:33
Supporter

So they won't be using Hondata?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th May 2017, 10:36 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike85 View Post
So they won't be using Hondata?
No they are directly tuning the stock ECU. It's an actual remap, as far as I'm aware HONDATA is a piggyback ecu that only lets you change certain parameters.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th May 2017, 11:11
Supporter

I think thats wrong. The stock eco requires a third party program / hardware like Hondata to enable it to be programmed.

Unless there physically opening up the ECU. Which is a risk on its own. and I'm sure Hondata enable almost all features needed for a full custom tune.

otherwise every tuner in the country could do it and Hondata flash pro would be no existent.

I could be wrong but that my impression on the ECU on Hondas in general.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th May 2017, 11:17 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike85 View Post
I think thats wrong. The stock eco requires a third party program / hardware like Hondata to enable it to be programmed.

Unless there physically opening up the ECU. Which is a risk on its own. and I'm sure Hondata enable almost all features needed for a full custom tune.

otherwise every tuner in the country could do it and Hondata flash pro would be no existent.

I could be wrong but that my impression on the ECU on Hondas in general.
They are opening it up, definitely not a third party program. I think the whole reason for hondata was because it's easier as you don't need to open the ECU up but it will be a proper remap unlike HONDATA. That is why ECUTEK trumps HONDATA as well as you can adjust all the parameters while tuning. Was just curious to if anyone else has had a remap at Avon as the actual company seems really professional and experienced in tuning a broad range of cars.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th May 2017, 11:30
Supporter

Think you've got it wrong about Hondata. You can get a full remap/Tune using Hondata. it also enables other features like flat foot shifting and Vtec adjustment. and the option of retuning it to stock when your finished or possibly selling the car. And data logging on a daily basis. fault code reading and resetting.

opening up the ECU isn't the best of ideas but it is possible. and I'm sure it won't give your anymore parameters to play with that Hondata won't.

theres a thread on here where someone had this done. not sure who through or who did it but I'm sure it didnt end to promising.

Heres the thread - http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines...-required.html

Last edited by Spike85; 20th May 2017 at 11:32.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th May 2017, 11:40
Enjoying life

Car: '06 Cosmic Grey EP3 prem CTR
Not very useful if you want to switch maps or make further adjustments
Spike85 likes this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th May 2017, 13:09 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I agree it's not ideal, I'll definitely not be doing it I'm waiting for an ECUTEK. Was just curious as it seemed an outrageous amount of gains from a stock car 😂

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th May 2017, 14:17
Enjoying life

Car: '06 Cosmic Grey EP3 prem CTR
Indeed. The torque is more of a surprise for me.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th May 2017, 15:45
Earth Dreams :)

Car: 2017 CTR GT
Garage
Blimey!! I thought some had hacked my account then!! Hey Higgi08!
Standard maps in a car are typically to suit most environmental conditons and fuel types, hence why you can get gains on Remaps.
With all the tolerances with an engine, each engine has a slightly different output characteristics..

Remaps just tailor to each individual engine, hence increasing the bhp or torque to match that individual engine.

But consider this.. remaps may provide more torque or power, but if continually used it will soon show the next weakest link.. typically the clutch!
higgi08 likes this.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 21st May 2017, 08:52
250bhp.... finally :)

Car: 08 CTR, Milano Red
I'm not discrediting the tune or company without any evidence to back it up but I'm just going to say that dyno is generous....

155lb-ft pre vtec torque.... gtfo that needs an fd2 pump minimum to achieve close to that. Stock were like 130-5ish. Mine barely makes that now with all my mods lol

I never trust these "generic" tuning companies with their stage 1's etc I'd want a proper RR tune for MY motor not a generic one with trumped up figures.
My mate is looking at the same for his Alfa, promising 30+ bhp on a NA engine with no mods just tuning, told him he'd be better off paying the extra 100 and get it done properly.
higgi08 likes this.

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page