Rage alloys FN2 - Wanted - Civinfo
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Friddy82
  • 1 Post By Friddy82
  • 1 Post By Commander2874
  • 1 Post By Sheva_C
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 4th June 2017, 15:28 Thread Starter
 
Commander2874's Avatar
 
Car: 2007 CTR GT (FN2) Bronze
Join Date: 13th November 2016
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Posts: 486
Thanks: 158
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Garage
Rage alloys FN2 - Wanted

Hi all. Looking at buying a full set of rage alloys and asking if anyone is looking at selling their's? Looked on ebay but seller is too far to travel. Cheers

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Commander2874 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 4th June 2017, 15:30
 
Friddy82's Avatar
 
Car: Bronze Type R GT
Join Date: 28th October 2016
Location: LCFC ENGLAND
Posts: 101
Thanks: 37
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Garage
I sold mine last year. Absolutely loved them but the ride was too harsh. It was like driving a completely different car when I changed them.

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk
Commander2874 likes this.
Friddy82 is offline  
Thanks to Friddy82 from:
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 4th June 2017, 15:33 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Commander2874's Avatar
 
Car: 2007 CTR GT (FN2) Bronze
Join Date: 13th November 2016
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Posts: 486
Thanks: 158
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friddy82 View Post
I sold mine last year. Absolutely loved them but the ride was too harsh. It was like driving a completely different car when I changed them.

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk
Thanks mate. Yes I've read up how firm and harsh the ride is. I don't do many miles so won't be that fussed and will be keeping the current wheela too. How much did you sell them for? Also can they be refurbished with no issues as I've seen some which have a few bubble marks in the middle?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Commander2874 is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 4th June 2017, 15:35
 
Friddy82's Avatar
 
Car: Bronze Type R GT
Join Date: 28th October 2016
Location: LCFC ENGLAND
Posts: 101
Thanks: 37
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Garage
Can't remember to be honest 500-600? They was in good nick though. I loved them, look great.

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk
Friddy82 is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 4th June 2017, 15:37 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Commander2874's Avatar
 
Car: 2007 CTR GT (FN2) Bronze
Join Date: 13th November 2016
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Posts: 486
Thanks: 158
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friddy82 View Post
Can't remember to be honest 500-600? They was in good nick though. I loved them, look great.

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk
Nice one. My max budget is about 450-500. What did you buy instead

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Commander2874 is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 4th June 2017, 15:41
 
Friddy82's Avatar
 
Car: Bronze Type R GT
Join Date: 28th October 2016
Location: LCFC ENGLAND
Posts: 101
Thanks: 37
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Garage
Advanti SG40 18"

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk
Commander2874 likes this.
Friddy82 is offline  
Thanks to Friddy82 from:
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 4th June 2017, 15:43 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Commander2874's Avatar
 
Car: 2007 CTR GT (FN2) Bronze
Join Date: 13th November 2016
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Posts: 486
Thanks: 158
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Garage
Very nice mate.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Friddy82 likes this.
Commander2874 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 4th June 2017, 16:09
Supporter
 
Sheva_C's Avatar
 
Car: 2018, FK8 / 2010, FN2, C.W.
Join Date: 19th July 2009
Location: Constanta, Romania RO
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: (0)
Garage
I had mine for sale for about 730 with my old tires. Initially, I wanted to sell them and buy one set of OZ Alleggerita 18" for summer. I have the Honda Thunder 18" for winter season and for track days (for semi-slicks). Since the time to switch to summer tires came, I had to buy new tyres and I wasn't sure whether to buy 19" tires only or 18" together with a new set of wheels (OZ Alleggerita looked nice and light; however definitely not as nice as Rages). I thought it was hard to sell them so I decided to buy 19" tires and keep the Rages. The design is awesome and even though the ride might be better with Alleggerita 18" (they are also lighter), I kept them.
I have 18" wheels Honda Thunder (which are exactly the same as Rages, just that they are one color only, dark grey) and I did not notice a much better ride with them compared with the 19".
Commander2874 likes this.
Sheva_C is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 4th June 2017, 16:54 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Commander2874's Avatar
 
Car: 2007 CTR GT (FN2) Bronze
Join Date: 13th November 2016
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Posts: 486
Thanks: 158
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheva_C View Post
I had mine for sale for about 730 with my old tires. Initially, I wanted to sell them and buy one set of OZ Alleggerita 18" for summer. I have the Honda Thunder 18" for winter season and for track days (for semi-slicks). Since the time to switch to summer tires came, I had to buy new tyres and I wasn't sure whether to buy 19" tires only or 18" together with a new set of wheels (OZ Alleggerita looked nice and light; however definitely not as nice as Rages). I thought it was hard to sell them so I decided to buy 19" tires and keep the Rages. The design is awesome and even though the ride might be better with Alleggerita 18" (they are also lighter), I kept them.
I have 18" wheels Honda Thunder (which are exactly the same as Rages, just that they are one color only, dark grey) and I did not notice a much better ride with them compared with the 19".
Nice one. Let me know if you want to sell haha! Stock alloys and rages suit the type r perfectly

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Commander2874 is offline  
Reply

  Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rage Alloys Wanted KarlW Type-R 1 2nd August 2014 10:18

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome