Header Heatwrap? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 6th June 2017, 18:16 Thread Starter
A wizard is never late...

Car: 2008 Milano CTR
Garage
Header Heatwrap?

is it worth heat wrapping a header before fitting? i know there are pro's and con's as to if its done or not, but i'm fitting my japspeed header shortly and was thinking if its worth wrapping before sticking it on the car. my understanding is the heat shields cant be fitted with a aftermarket header and this will increase under bonnet temps, i have fog scoops to my intake and a vent on the bonnet for max cold air, but although i have never experienced it for myself i do have a nagging feeling that heat soak could be a issue after fitting the header especially with my HKS RSK.

Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 6th June 2017, 20:13
GUR
Supporter

Car: 2007 CTR
Hi mate,

Sorry to hijack your thread, I also would like to know if anyone can tell how many feet of heat wrap it takes. I plan to do that next weeks with Tegiwa header.

Thanks.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 9th June 2017, 18:58
Supporter

Car: 2009 CTR NHB
This would be my choice Zircotec - UK's largest thermal barrier ceramic coating offerings
Wish I'd known about this before fitting my Piper header but still thinking about doing it when I get my oil pump/ cams done. Guy I work with used to race bikes and said the temp difference it can give is incredible. But be careful of different qualities and brands they are not all the same. hope this helps
Gareth

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10th June 2017, 07:20
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwoodone View Post
This would be my choice Zircotec - UK's largest thermal barrier ceramic coating offerings
Wish I'd known about this before fitting my Piper header but still thinking about doing it when I get my oil pump/ cams done. Guy I work with used to race bikes and said the temp difference it can give is incredible. But be careful of different qualities and brands they are not all the same. hope this helps
Gareth
Agreed but costs huge amount more then wrapping which puts 99% of people off. There is another coatings company in bradford i spoke to. Cant remember name but worth googling as lot cheaper.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11th June 2017, 15:25 Thread Starter
A wizard is never late...
** Thread starter **

Car: 2008 Milano CTR
Garage
never thought about getting it coated as that removes the main negative of it being a fire hazard if an oil leak started, but as you say it is rather expensive.

the cost would be worthwhile on a forced induction car but not so much on a n/a in my opinion.

Last edited by Voodoo-Nachoman; 11th June 2017 at 15:33.

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page