Reg numbers and delivery dates - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 15th February 2007, 09:30 Thread Starter

Car: 2007 Type-R
Unhappy Reg numbers and delivery dates

Hi,

I am now fairly annoyed with my dealer.
The fact is i have heard nothing from them and i have to keep chasing them to find any inforation at all. Even then all they say is sorry we havent got anything. Just the base price, none for accessories yet, we have only just got the brochure through (even tho they sent mine over a month ago)

I was told i am first on the list at this dealership. I thought they would like to keep me updated when they will soon be recieving £20k+ off me!!

I went into the dealer couple of days ago and spoke so someone else as the guy that normally deals with me was at a meeting. I asked this other guy did he have any information, he replies "no, all we have is the base price". I then said "when are you getting the demo model in", to which he said "im not sure but it will be released sometime in march".

I was quite annoyed by now as he clearly expressed no interest in serving me so i said that i was a bit dissapointed because i had paid a depsit and apparently am first on the list without even seeing or infact driving the car.

Then he asked for my surname, after i told him he was all like "yes sir, ok sir" and only then was he able to tell me that the demo will be in on friday. My regular guy then later phoned to confirm a test drive.

I know i should now be happy about that but im not. If they want my custom and indeed my money they should keep me bloody well informed!!!Maybe its because of my age (21) that they just dont take me seriously!

Sorry, the rant is out of the way! Does anyone else have this trouble?!

Also what dealers are people using that have already giving them registration numbers and confirmed delivery dates?

Im thinking of going to another dealer, i am really unhappy with the service so far and i would rather wait an extra few weeks to have my car from a good dealer than get it from them!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 15th February 2007, 12:46
Nice Guy!

Car: Volvo V40, D4, Se Lux
You need to remember that the official launch for the
Type R isn't until March ( if memory serves)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 15th February 2007, 12:56

I spent nearly 18.5k on my EX and heard naff all from the dealer even after the scheduled delivery date passed by. They also kept me waiting for 2 hours to collect it in spite of having arranged the time beforehand.

I think Honda are working on the principle that they can sell all the Civics they can produce right now and people are prepared to put up with rubbish service because the product is desirable.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 15th February 2007, 13:03
Nice Guy!

Car: Volvo V40, D4, Se Lux
Not being kept up to date and Being kept waiting
are more to do with your dealer than Honda as far as a current
production model is concerned.

Summer I would say that if there is another dealership nearby
go and visit them ( don't mention anything about your present order)
just enquire and see if they have any more info or even more pleasent staff if they do then see about cancelling your present order.

I have the feeling the no more informtation available story will be the same
for most dealers at this stage
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 15th February 2007, 14:06 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

phoned a couple and got more info. They are sending me the pricelist for all the accessories which according to my local dealer is not out yet! hmmm

I have also posted this on another civic forum. A guy from another dealer is trying to help me resolve some issues i am having. So far very helpful and i may be convinced to buy from them. Even if it is 60 odd miles away!

It will probably be an additional 2weeks wait but to get the good customer service etc, i think i am willing to wait.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 15th February 2007, 14:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ummer5 View Post
phoned a couple and got more info. They are sending me the pricelist for all the accessories which according to my local dealer is not out yet! hmmm

I have also posted this on another civic forum. A guy from another dealer is trying to help me resolve some issues i am having. So far very helpful and i may be convinced to buy from them. Even if it is 60 odd miles away!

It will probably be an additional 2weeks wait but to get the good customer service etc, i think i am willing to wait.
Summer I must say that, like you, I believe in good customer sevice. I am about to spend £17k on a Civ (delivery 1st March) and it is THE most expensive purchase I have ever made. I expect a certain level of service for that and if I hadn't have got it I would've definitely gone else where.

I think dealers can be a bit blase as they get to drive new cars all the time and forget what it's actually like to have to part with the money themselves. Personally, I'd be inclined to tell them this, let them know they've lost a sale then go elsewhere, where your money and custom would be appreciated.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 15th February 2007, 14:52
Bournemouth Belle

Car: 2017 BMW Z4 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexie View Post
I think dealers can be a bit blase as they get to drive new cars all the time and forget what it's actually like to have to part with the money themselves. Personally, I'd be inclined to tell them this, let them know they've lost a sale then go elsewhere, where your money and custom would be appreciated.
I agree with lexie. Just make sure you get your deposit back without hassle and then tell them why. Mind you my dealer did tell me they are not expecting the ctr until last week of Feb, to be on sale from 1st march.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 15th February 2007, 14:54 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Summer I must say that, like you, I believe in good customer sevice. I am about to spend £17k on a Civ (delivery 1st March) and it is THE most expensive purchase I have ever made. I expect a certain level of service for that and if I hadn't have got it I would've definitely gone else where.

well said!!

I will be going for my testdrive tomorrow and then back in again on saturday to cancel my order and get my deposit back!

This will also be my most expensive purchase as well! For the money i would expect calls AS SOON as anything is available, prices, colours etc. but no! i had to do all the calling. I found out the prices from a forum and then had to call the dealer to ask for them! Its terrible!

I will definatly be telling them this and hopefully they can change their service for their future customers, but i can guarantee them that i will never be one!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 15th February 2007, 15:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ummer5 View Post
well said!!

I will be going for my testdrive tomorrow and then back in again on saturday to cancel my order and get my deposit back!

This will also be my most expensive purchase as well! For the money i would expect calls AS SOON as anything is available, prices, colours etc. but no! i had to do all the calling. I found out the prices from a forum and then had to call the dealer to ask for them! Its terrible!

I will definatly be telling them this and hopefully they can change their service for their future customers, but i can guarantee them that i will never be one!
Good for you. It takes a long time to earn that kind of money. It is up to dealer to provide you with the reasons why you want to be parting with a substantial amount of money on a regular basis. And to reassure you that they are not just there to take yr money and then forget about you. The way yr dealer has been behaving would suggest that their aftercare service would be pretty rubbish too...
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 15th February 2007, 15:10 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
The way yr dealer has been behaving would suggest that their aftercare service would be pretty rubbish too...
Yep, thats exactly what i was starting to think!

Well in my case they have just forgot about me after they have taken the deposit! Frustrating!! i hope the other dealer can sort something out for me!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 15th February 2007, 17:01
Definately Female!

Car: 1.8 ES Civic 2012, white
Be prepared to have to ask for your deposit back in writing, I cancelled my initial order for the Civic and had to send a letter asking for my deposit back.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 15th February 2007, 20:07 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Ok,

Thanks for the warning. I will have that ready for Saturday, that way i will be fully prepared.

thanks
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 16th February 2007, 07:25
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
One thing to bear in mind is that price of the Civic is due to go up.

As far as I can remember, if they try to raise the agreed price of your deal you are legally entitiled to a full refund under those circumstances.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 18th February 2007, 10:14 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremmen View Post
One thing to bear in mind is that price of the Civic is due to go up.

As far as I can remember, if they try to raise the agreed price of your deal you are legally entitiled to a full refund under those circumstances.
Thats cool, well not putting the price up jus i could get a refund.

Also i have been speaking to another dear which coincedently has the same manager!! So the sales guy said the manager would be very interested in knowing why i was so unhappy.

I explained it all and they said since they are managed by the same guy he has autherised them to transfer all of my paperwork over to them! Now they can look after me from there.

I suddenly got asked all sorts of questions about payment, other products and services, also once the paperwork is transfered i would need to be down there to sign the paperwork and reg docs straight away so i can have it for 1st march!

I was like i have had nothing like this at my current dealer! So i think i may switch now.

Only one slight problem tho. The guy was looking on the computer for all order placed from my original dealer, and it could not be found

I was like WHAT?! He did say that he doesnt use the system often, alternativly it might even be in and thats why its not showing up on the order system.

I just hope it is in, because if it hasnt been ordered i think i might actaully go mad!! I work in retail so i know what it is like when u have an angry customer, thats why i rarely have a go at people. I explain that i am unhappy and everything but dont make a big fuss. However, if it isnt orderd that means i will not get it until april/may which is when the next lot are delivered!! I did have my deposit down since September to ensure i am getting my car at the earliest oppotunity, i will be more than unhappy!

Lets hope it doesnt come to that!!

I will keep everyone posted!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 18th February 2007, 11:24
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Name & shame ?
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 18th February 2007, 13:22 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremmen View Post
Name & shame ?
oh dont worry i will do!
I will wait until i get my car sorted first

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page