I have test driven the type r.... - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 17th February 2007, 16:58 Thread Starter

I have test driven the type r....

Went to my local dealer this morning to test drive the CTR and I can't stop smiling. I am not technical when it comes to cars so Iíll give you my simple non technical opinionÖ.

Honda Civic Type R GT
Deep Bronze

Inside...
First off anyone worried about the red interior like I was don't fear as it's not as bright as it looks in the pictures, it looks really nice and gives the inside a lot of character. I was surprised by the amount of space in the back I am 5í11 and I had loads of head and leg room, ashame they didn't fit a middle rear seat belt though. The front seats are really comfortable they rap around your body making you feel safe and ready for action. The driving position was also excellent. Reading some of the reviews I must say I was worried about the rear view but after driving it I can honestly say I had NO problems with the view, I would recommend you test drive it first before you buy any rear camera and parking sensors. The computer is great thereís loads of information for you to read it looks like its in 3D I suppose it's the same as a normal civic very nice indeed.

Outside
Not much to say really the outside is just beautiful thereís a lot more detail than what we see in the pictures the 3 door shell is very sleek and sportier looking. I think the brighter colours will look betters as they stand out more as the bronze just seemed to blend in rather than dazzle the bronze is still ok but I would rather get black than bronze but I still think red is the best choice and itís free..

The Drive
OMG!!!! What an absolute BEAST this cars handling is unreal now am not sure how is drives on a track but on the roads itís just amazing you just canít take the BIG ass smile of your face. I at 52mph in second gear around a roundabout and the car took the roundabout like it was driving on a straight road bloody amazing. I love the sound of the engine itís really beastly but not to noisy, it makes you feel like there is no other car on the road that can come anywhere near you. The gear change is really smooth and quick and with the arm rest and gear stick in such a perfect position you hardly need to move your arm to change gear. The steering wheel is a good size and feels nice; the steering was also very responsive and did exactly what I needed it to do. The breaks were nothing special just breaks, they were nothing to write about could have been better maybe?

Overall
For me there is only 1 bad point and thatís the design of the wheels they look, well to be honest crap Iíll be changing them straight away. Yes I would of liked a rear seat belt for the middle seat but I can live without that and yes I would of liked an extra 25bhp just to shut people up, but after driving the type r I really donít care about bhp anymore. The drive of this car is unreal itís so smooth and responsive and is perfectly balanced, itís by far the best looking hot hatch on the road today with an inside to match, I mean come on after looking inside a civic every other car looks dated.
I just loved this car it is amazing and worth the hype and the wait.

Honda has done an excellent job with this car, hats off to Honda.

Roll on March 1st
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 17th February 2007, 19:19
Supporter

nice wee review, i am getting more excited as the days pass
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 17th February 2007, 22:05

Hi,

I took a silver GT out his morning - I agree about the brakes..

It feels like you need to apply more force than you would usually..

the one redeeming point about the Renault Megane I am replacing with the GT is the brakes - pressing the pedal as hard in the megane as you have too in the Type R would snap you head forward ! (even with 2.5yr old disc's/pads) where as in the Type R - it's a gradual slow down.

I disagree about the wheels though - I think they look ok..

I've never had a speeding ticket in 20years of driving - I'm expecting this might change after I get delivery of the CTR - purely due to exceeding the speed limit before you are out of second gear (I challenge anyone driving this car not to accelerate hard away from traffic lights just to hear the exhaust note!)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 18th February 2007, 05:26
King of the rodeo

Send a message via MSN to czechplastik
Lovely little review there! I'm going to have to get me a test drive asap! I think the wheels look grand, not getting all the hate for them!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 18th February 2007, 09:33

Car: 2007 Type-R
I went into a dealer on friday and finally saw one in the flesh, so to speak. AMAZING!!! the pictures really do not do it justice!!

I was not a fan of he wheels either but after seeing them first hand on the car, i would have to say they arnt bad at all.

I was also adimant that they would be changed as soon as i get the car, but i think they might need to stick around for a while.

Come on march!!! Its not coming quick enough!! lol
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 18th February 2007, 17:47 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for the remarks guys, I recommend a test drive even if your not buying one. It's worth it to here that sweet engine and to feel that superior drive and comfort. The wheels I guess is down to personal taste.

I wanted to get sat nav mine but i was told my date would be moved from march 1st to some time in April, think i'll leave the sat nav. let the count down begin
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 18th February 2007, 18:15
Supporter

I got very excited when I drove past one on the motorway on Friday night! I drew up along side it to have a nice long look (wasn't that hard as the person driving it was driving realllllllllllllly slowly)!

Very nice.

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page