Delivery dates being changed ...... - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 23rd February 2007, 13:29 Thread Starter

Angry Delivery dates being changed ......

Was at my dealer last week and was told the delivery was still 1st March. I phoned up today to make sure and was told it maybe 5th March but it will defiantly be delivered in early March . Ií am so angry I ordered the car last summer. Also at no point was I given the option to include any accessories? Anyway am going there today, letís see if I can get a proper date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 23rd February 2007, 13:33

Car: 2007 Type-R
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr w1z View Post
Also at no point was I given the option to include any accessories? Anyway am going there today, letís see if I can get a proper date.
Really?! Sounds like my old dealer!! Where abouts is ** one! Have u signed anything yet, been spoken to about payment yet, get ignored for ages when you walk in there etc? Coz that what i got from them, im now with a different dealer!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 23rd February 2007, 14:49 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ummer5 View Post
Really?! Sounds like my old dealer!! Where abouts is ** one! Have u signed anything yet, been spoken to about payment yet, get ignored for ages when you walk in there etc? Coz that what i got from them, im now with a different dealer!
lol near enough everything you said is true, we spoke about payments and signed some stuff last week I wasn't asked what accessories I wanted they just said we will sort it out before you get the car?. I've actually just come back from there and I had to leave because the person I wanted to talk to was spending a lot time with a customer, shame he couldn't spend that amount of time with me. He told me he his going to call logistics to get a date and call me back, oh the branch is in Birmingham.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 23rd February 2007, 16:50

I understood from my dealer that they need to know model (R or R GT), colour, whether it has Sat Nav and if the 19" Rage wheels are required.

I was told ALL other options were dealer fit and could be ordered closer to delivery date.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 26th February 2007, 13:11 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

That would probbably make sense but my delivery date is Friday and
I've still not heard anything about the options, should be getting a phone call tomorrow, i'll see whats happends then.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 28th February 2007, 15:58

Well i went to the launch yesterday at my dealer and was told i would get mine "mid march" so week-ending the 23rd im guessing, worst case scenario

I also thought putting a deposit down last year would help me to get one of the first cars. I thought wrong!!!

So far the whole 'Honda Experience' has been sh*t. Im getting more and more put off everytime i visit a dealer! Although my current dealer has been much better so far than my original!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 28th February 2007, 16:33 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I phoned them up during the week and told them if I don't get my car this week I’ll be cancelling my order and buying a golf, my car is now there and ready to be picked up on Friday morning. yessss!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 28th February 2007, 16:40

well to be honest i still dont think they are taking me seriously just because i am young. I bet they think that i am a time waster despite the deposit, despite me moaning about service!

If i say to them oh that it! if it isnt here then im going to get a golf or one of its other rivals i can see them saying ok then, JUST because they dont beieve i will be going through with it in the first place.

I havent got any room for threaghts like that, coz if the say, ok then, we will cancel the order and u can get a golf. Then i am stuffed unit i can get another one from another dealer which will be in april/may time! The fact i havent got a car at the moment either means i really do need this This is the car i want.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd March 2007, 20:02

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ummer5 View Post
Well i went to the launch yesterday at my dealer and was told i would get mine "mid march" so week-ending the 23rd im guessing, worst case scenario

I also thought putting a deposit down last year would help me to get one of the first cars. I thought wrong!!!

So far the whole 'Honda Experience' has been sh*t. Im getting more and more put off everytime i visit a dealer! Although my current dealer has been much better so far than my original!
I thought that putting a deposit down last March would ensure I was one of the first... I'm still being told 25th March!!!

I'm 99% sure that the delay is due to the dealer not placing the order on Honda's order bank early enough..

Not sure where I stand on this? can I threaten any action? I placed a deposit for a reason - to be at the top of the list... I could have kept the money in my bank - walked into a dealer in January and got an earlier date.

I've asked for mats to be thrown in as compo (not much to ask is it?) but dealer won't admit liability.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 4th March 2007, 12:23

I know from my local Honda dealer that the problem with delivery is with Honda Uk.The early order bank didn't work as they have delivered customers cars that were ordered this year but are still waiting on ones that were ordered as early as last summer.I guess you have to thank someone in logistics for waiting to order them from the factory when they were physically available.Ask your dealer to throw something in from the interest that Honda Uk have gained on your deposit.

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page