Can you cancel order and re-order - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 26th February 2007, 17:23 Thread Starter
amh

Can you cancel order and re-order

I placed an order for a type R GT on the 17/02/07 for delivery in March (25/03/07 estimated). This weeked I asked my dealer to find out if I could cancel the original order and order a type R GT with Satnav, they phoned mw today to say that I could not cancel, is this correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 26th February 2007, 17:36
King of the rodeo

Send a message via MSN to czechplastik
No, you have a right to cancel. I don't know why they would have an problem with that, it's not like they're losing custom, if anything they're making more money!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 26th February 2007, 17:37

It is up to the dealer terms and conditions you signed when you placed the order - read them.

If you placed and order and paid a deposit then the dealer is entitled to keep your deposit if they have processed the order and the car was ordered from Honda.

Ian

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 26th February 2007, 17:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechplastik View Post
No, you have a right to cancel. I don't know why they would have an problem with that, it's not like they're losing custom, if anything they're making more money!
You do have a right to cancel, but they also have a right to keep any deposit paid. Having said that as you intend to order another car then I would say they should allow you to do what you want.

The issue may be that they have a financial commitment with the order they have placed with Honda (or another dealer) and if they can't get out of that then they will hold you to the order or you lose the deposit.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 26th February 2007, 17:52
Kids use a lot of space

I don't see any reason why you can't change the specification of your order before registration. Tell the dealer you want to upgrade (spend more money) and see what he says. Depending on deposits etc you can always buy somewhere else as there are plenty of dealers who will accept your custom.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 26th February 2007, 18:25 Thread Starter
amh
** Thread starter **

Thanks for all your help.

Just spoke to the dealer if I cancel my original order then Honda will charge the dealer 500.00 as the order has all ready been processed. The expected delivery date for a Type R GT in Red with Satnav is June/July and I will of course loose more money on my trade in. Based on this I have decided to keep my original order.

Many thanks again for your assistance.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 26th February 2007, 19:06

Car: 08 CTR GT Milano
Buy a Tom TOM and spend a grand on yourself.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 26th February 2007, 19:27
King of the rodeo

Send a message via MSN to czechplastik
Not disputing the deposit bit, they're entitled to keep that but yo say 'you can't cancel your order' is incorrect.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 26th February 2007, 19:37 Thread Starter
amh
** Thread starter **

Yes you are correct I can cancel but I would have to pay the 500.00 pounds.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 26th February 2007, 19:43
Supporter

Hi I changeed my order from an SE to an ES last November approximately 3 weeks after initial order. Initially the salesman was horrified and said that Honda would charge the dealer 500. However on checking with Honda they said that if the order was replaced with another one no problem so everyone was happy. Actually the delivery date came forward so I was even more happy.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 26th February 2007, 21:13

AMH, I am another owner that cancelled the oridginal car order only then to re-order, you have this right. I ordered my 56 ES Civic then decided some weeks later to have some additional alloys, this meant that my original car order was cancelled by my dealership and a new order including the additional items I wanted was issued with no extra cost, appart from the cost of the new alloys of course.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 26th February 2007, 23:21

and i cancelled mine too only to re-order. so that thing about honda charging them 500 must be complete ***** cause i got a full refund.......
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 28th February 2007, 16:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
AMH, I am another owner that cancelled the oridginal car order only then to re-order, you have this right. I ordered my 56 ES Civic then decided some weeks later to have some additional alloys, this meant that my original car order was cancelled by my dealership and a new order including the additional items I wanted was issued with no extra cost, appart from the cost of the new alloys of course.
The difference with your order is that it would not have been changed at Honda as the wheels would be dealer fitted, therefore Honda would not even know it had been changed and not pass on the 500 cancellation to the dealer.

With the original poster, he was canceling the whole car for a completely different model. If Honda has processed the order then they would pass the 500 cancellation on to the dealer.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 28th February 2007, 16:52

Have you tried complaining to Honda directly?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 28th February 2007, 17:20
Wine and cooking !

Car: 2008, Grey Mica 1.5 Materia
Funny thing,

Usually untill your car is scheduled/put on the manufactury line you can change spec (I've speek about that with my dealer, and with other dealars as well for my previous cars) It will modify the delivery schedule that's all. The prob is maybe that the car your dealer sell you was a pre-ordered car and he want not bother to find another custommer for it. Twice the job !

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page