FN2 Type R 2007 PLEASE HELP :) - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 27th March 2018, 04:12 Thread Starter

FN2 Type R 2007 PLEASE HELP :)

Hi guys first post here so here goes. im a complete stoner so please mind my grammer and crap lol

the first thing i noticed was the biting point was on the floor, so i googled it, found the guys post on this forum with the guide and managed to sort the biting point out to 1/3 from the floor, now all the gears are now dropping in perfectly, where as before i was struggling to change while in vtech so im happy with that fix, and kudos to the guy who posted tutorial

please note that the problems ive posted below were both happening before i adjusted the clutch

this is my second type R, ive perviously owned a ep3 2004 with all the bolt ons plus a few extras n a kpro running 249bhp, now ive ended up with a fn2. the car seems to be in really good shape very tidy body clean engine bay with 81kmiles. since driving it and getting to know the car ive come across this very wierd grinding/wuuurrrrmmm kinda noise when slowing down. so everything seems fine when accelerating as i slow down to around 20, then from around 15 to 5 mph the noise starts to happen all most like a engine braking noise, after around 5 mph it the noise stops, you can almost feel the noise if that makes sense, ive never had this in any cars ive owned before.

also when im turning to the left im getting a fairly harsh scraping/grinding noise well it seems harsh to me anyway, literally i can be driving along at 30mph and as soon as i frail the steering wheel to the left i can hear this weird sorta white noise scraping sound, when i straighten up it goes away, only seems to happen when i turn left. i thought id make a post and see if i can gather up some suggestions before hitting up honda, ive had a rough read of the forums people suggest cv joints etc, maybe you guys have some more intel

thanks john

Last edited by hybridtheoryuk; 27th March 2018 at 04:13. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 27th March 2018, 07:44
Supporter

Garage
Hi and welcome.

Couple of things spring to mind, first have you checked the drive shafts are ok? also is the brake backing plate catching on anything when you turn the wheel to full lock and scraping o the disc?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 27th March 2018, 23:09
Supporter

Car: 2010 CTS GT Black
Eco display
Is the deceleration there with the clutch disengaged ? Just trying to rule out potential gear box bearings as that's what happened to mine similar type of sound (non type r )

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 29th March 2018, 14:09

Garage
Scraping noise could also be engine mounts, i've got a friend who's BMW did this but only when he turned one direction. Can you check if the noise level varies on speed and or if you're static?

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page