FN2 intake advice - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12th May 2018, 19:13 Thread Starter

FN2 intake advice

Hi guys

I need some information and advice on which intake to go for, and yes I know this has been asked a million times

Originally I was looking at the Tegiwa box but after messaging Tegiwa I'm not so sure as they either couldn't, or wouldn't answer my questions. Does anyone on here know if there is much difference between a smoothed standard box and one of their inlet tracts compared to their full kit? I've had a look but can't find any dyno data comparing the two

I was also looking at the cpl and hks kits. The only thing that puts me off the hks is that I've heard it's quite loud. This doesn't bother me when it gets to vtec but as the car is a daily I don't want it to be to much louder whilst driving it normally. So the question is how loud is it, how much louder is it when driving around town or cruising on the motorway? And has anyone got any experience with the cpl kit

If you've managed to read this far, thank you. Any information, guidance or advice is greatly apreciated, likewise if you have any other suggestions or recommendations

Thanks
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12th May 2018, 19:51
Supporter

Car: 58 2.2, Black ; 09 CTR, Red
FN2 intake advice

I have the CPL intake and find it fine. Good gains and no issues with heat.

Noise wise, I can't tell as I have a Martelius exhaust, but do not think it added anything significant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12th May 2018, 22:21
Supporter

Car: 2010 FN2
I had an HKS RSK for about four years and while it's loud at wide open throttle and in VTEC, I found it fine around town and on the motorway. Nice quality intake, looks ace, sounds brilliant when you want it to and I only got rid to chase a few BHP from a Skunk2 kit. Another thing to mention is the HKS is very easy to install and service, but can suffer from heat-soak, although this was rarely a problem.

I think the Tegiwa box is a Mugen copy. They look nice and will give you gains over a standard box. Won't sound as good as the HKS though.

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page