New rattle/clicking noise - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 9th June 2018, 22:50 Thread Starter

New rattle/clicking noise

Hi all. So for the past couple of months I’ve noticed a new rattle noise which I initially thought was under the bonnet but my ex thinks it’s from the dash asmy stereo was recently replaced. I kind of agreed and just let my mind wonder thinking it was a cable hitting the inner dash when I went over a bump. But the noise is getting stronger and I have a feeling it’s my front suspension. Maybe a bush or the rubber bit on the spring (I’m no mechanic). The suspension itself Has been making clunking noises for at least 6-8months if not longer especially a very hard clunk when you turn it to full lock. Can anyone shed light on this and also give me rough prices if I need both front suspension arms (if there’s one thing the ex taught me “you don’t just replace one side”) cheers all. FN2 Type R GT, 101k, looked through history can’t find Susp replaced, owned car since 45k, 5 Years ish. 08 plate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 9th June 2018, 23:03 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

This was on my advisory on the last MOT in November:
Nearside Front Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.4.G.2)
Could that be it (not sure which side is near side.... )
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10th June 2018, 09:16
Super Moderator

Car: 10G 1.5 Civic Prestige
Near side is passenger side. "Near side" = near the kerb. "Off side" = driver's side.

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page