drivers side fog light - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By RA108
  • 1 Post By Wilmo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 9th June 2018, 23:13 Thread Starter

drivers side fog light

Another one from me, sorry. So a naughty pheasant broke my fog light. Looked on eBay they seem cheap enough. Are they something I can do myself or do I need a man (mechanic or otherwise)? Cheers x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10th June 2018, 08:51
Supporter

Car: 2010 FN2
You can do it if you can get your bumper off...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10th June 2018, 09:03
Super Moderator

Car: 10G 1.5 Civic Prestige
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butlinsbabe View Post
Are they something I can do myself or do I need a man (mechanic or otherwise)?
"Mechanic"? Possibly, depending on how adept you are at popping panel studs and undoing Allen screws.
"Otherwise"? Only you can answer that one.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10th June 2018, 11:22
Supporter

Do it yourself, removing the bumper only takes 15mins ish, and once off easy to remove and replace the fogs
I think there’s a how to in the wiki somewhere
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10th June 2018, 11:37
Supporter

Car: 2008 1.8 GT Type S
You can do it without removing the bumper, it's just a bit fiddly. Underneath there are holes in the under tray that give access to nuts which can be turned using a socket with a long accessory bar fitted. It may take longer than 15 mins though. You have to be careful not to lose the nuts inside the tray as well, although they can be recovered by either manipulation (bumping them back to the hole) or dropping a corner of the tray.

Something to beware though with removing the bumper, it depends on which model of Civic you have. The Type S has far more pieces to remove than the standard car.

I replaced the nearside fog on my Type S entirely through the tray with the bumper on.

Finally, look at Wanners Fog Light Covers, without these you'll find yourself replacing fog lights more frequently that you might like as they're particularly vulnerable.
wanner69 likes this.

Last edited by RA108; 10th June 2018 at 11:40.
Thanks to RA108 from:
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10th June 2018, 19:30
Supporter

Car: FN2 CTR & Si both Milano Red
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RA108 View Post
You can do it without removing the bumper, it's just a bit fiddly. Underneath there are holes in the under tray that give access to nuts which can be turned using a socket with a long accessory bar fitted. It may take longer than 15 mins though. You have to be careful not to lose the nuts inside the tray as well, although they can be recovered by either manipulation (bumping them back to the hole) or dropping a corner of the tray.

Something to beware though with removing the bumper, it depends on which model of Civic you have. The Type S has far more pieces to remove than the standard car.

I replaced the nearside fog on my Type S entirely through the tray with the bumper on.

Finally, look at Wanners Fog Light Covers, without these you'll find yourself replacing fog lights more frequently that you might like as they're particularly vulnerable.
+1 on the fog light covers.
I had the drivers side go on my Si and was a cow's son to get at - just for 1 silly 10mm bolt!
First thing I bought when I got the CTR was FL covers (nice fetching yellow) since it's even more hassle on those.
wanner69 likes this.
Thanks to Wilmo from:

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page