Type R Fn2 2009 - Exhaust Issues - Video included. - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 4th September 2018, 21:39 Thread Starter

Type R Fn2 2009 - Exhaust Issues - Video included.

Hi Folks,

First post here and first time owning a Type R.

I have had the car for about two weeks now and i am really enjoying it but there are a few bits and pieces that are niggling me. So any help would be very much appreciated.

First Issue: When i cold start the car the exhaust is making a kind of metallic rattling (The Exhaust is a Milltek non resonated); i have taken it to two garages and they have told me that the exhaust is fitted perfectly and they can't see the issue (one mentioned it may be a broken baffle). Now this would make sense but the second issue i have with the exhaust is that whenever i go over a speed bump it sounds like the exhaust is banging against something (The car is not lowered and the speed bumps i'm talking about are nothing major).

This video will explain the noise: (only happens on cold starts)

The second issue: This one is intermittent and for the life of me i couldn't capture it on video i was driving around for the last hour trying to get it to replicate the noise.. Basically when i take a left turn it will sometime make a whirling sound (The closest thing i could explain the sound to would be like having a bucket of water and sloshing it to one side) only happens at low speeds and when turning left.. Any ideas on this would be very helpful.

Thanks again guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 5th September 2018, 07:42
Supporter

Garage
Hello and welcome

The exhausts are known to be louder on cold start and settle once warmed up, may be something to do with the tuning of the engine and the fact V-Tec will not engage until a curtain temperature. Other than that, if the exhaust is fitted correctly if may be one of the heat-sheilds has worked loose as they do and rattling on the exhaust.

As for the slosh/whirling sound, these cars are also know to leak. so there may be water in the doors, see if the bungs at the bottom of the doors are still in and if so remove them and see if water trains out. the next place to check would be where the pollen filter is, if the air-con train is blocked there may be water building in there too.

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page