• 2 Post By Farqui
  • 1 Post By Higgo8

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 8th September 2018, 19:52 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2010/1 Milano FN2
75k Service, change brake lines?

Hi all,

At 70k, booked in for a full service with valve check. Looking at a few things being done at the same time along with suspension being sorted.

Looking to get a full brake flush and fluid change, worth considering getting the lines upgraded whilst being done?

Haven't found anything recently onj here about the quality of the various lines available. Car is my daily and I do find the brakes lacking. Looking at options to upgrade the fronts at some point and wondering if changing the lines would be a useful start to save time and money in the future if I go for a BBK or even just get new disks and decent pads.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 8th September 2018, 23:28
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 4,146 Times in 3,842 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
New pads (and disks) will make more of an improvement, especially if you opt for a softer compound.

The downside will be shorter pad life and more dust.
Wilmo and stimcity like this.
Thanks to Farqui from:
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 9th September 2018, 09:53
Earth Dreams :)

Car: 2017 CTR GT
Garage
Depends on what your brake lines look like today.... I assume you mean the flexible hoses that feed the brake caliper piston when you are thinking with replacing with braided hoses.
Brake pad/disc choice also depends on how you drive, driving style. I found that the EBC greenpad to be good for a daily commute, good low temp characteristic in terms of brake bite and little brake dust. But if you are a heavy on the brakes kinda guy, then these are not for you.. most brake lines these days are protected by under cover trays, protect them from the crud/salt from the roads. Only where it pops out into wheel arches to caliper is there a danger of corrosion..
Change of brake fluid is a defo, to fall in line with service recommendations made by Honda. I do hear of horror stories though where the bleed process is a nightmare, esp through the ABS block..
stimcity likes this.
Thanks to Higgo8 from:

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 9th September 2018, 20:31 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2010/1 Milano FN2
Thanks guys, I'm sure they'll check her out well when they service her and fit the coilies.

Unlike others, I'm not adverse to EBC and recently put them (disks & red stuff) on the back as needed & could get locally in a hurry - but I can actually feel the backs bite now compared to the front (will likely change although lots of life left in them).

I'll definitely have it the fluids sorted though - I'd much rather pay a trusted source than do myself - I don't mind changing calipers - but thought of the whole system phases me. Given they wouldn't fix the roof - I'm rather sulky about the Honda warranty! If hel lines would be better I'd have asked to be done at the same time, maybe I'll just see how they are now - the rears were fine.

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page