• 1 Post By Cravo
  • 2 Post By Cravo
  • 1 Post By Cravo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd December 2018, 11:58 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 58 2.2 CR-V for now
Looks Like it will be Civ #3 for me soon

I have been around these forums for about 4 years, more of a reader than an avid poster but I have had 2 Civics and currently a CR-V. My Mrs has had her CR-Z for 6 years now and is still as in love with it as she was on day 1, the only other car she has said she might fancy is the 10th Gen Type R but shes waiting for the prices to drop a little more.

So onto my point, some of you may know but most wont that I originally came here as I was in the market for an FN2 about 4 years ago and I found myself a nice one locally for a decent price. I absolutely loved it in every way. I had an injury playing rugby when I was 18 and slipped L3 and L4 vertebrae in my back but I had always wanted an FN2 so I put up with the ride cos that was the only thing about it that wasn't everything on my ticklist for the perfect hot hatch.

After about 15 months the ride got a little too much for me and I didnt have the money to change the suspension set up for a more compliant ride so I sold up with the intention of getting a Type S but a family friend has a Celica GT for sale at a price that I couldn't turn down, to the point that after about 18 months of ownership I still made a profit on it.

I then moved on to the Type S I was originally going to get as I missed the interior and practicality of the hatch. It was the perfect balance from the FN2 as it still had everything i loved about it but didnt have the things I didnt love about it. After some modding it looked like this

My back was gradually getting worse and worse though and in Feb this year I felt I had no choice but to sell up or end up knacked and got myself this

I also started a course of physio, chiropractor sessions and some cortizone injections to help with the pain and 10 months later I am feeling better than I have in 20 years. The CRV is very capable and a nice cruiser but its a little bit boring.

A friend of mine has a 2009 facelifted Alabaster FN2 GT with Nav and he has decided after 5 years its time for him to sell up and get an RS5 - cant blame him really, he's offered it to me at mates rates for £3k and at that price I cant really turn it down so am going to take it for a spin and see how my back fares up now its a million times better.

The only two things I need to consider are the ride - suspension is original and showing leak signs at 125k so will need a refresh plus 15mm Eibachs and the seats. I might get flamed for this, I never loved them, far too hugging for my bulky frame but theyre very supportive. I would think about swapping the fronts out for some leather EX ones or something. There is no time frame on when he's ready to sell up, might be this month, might be early next year but it gives me plenty of time to make sure the CRV is in the best possible shape it can be.

Anyway, fingers crossed soon I shall be back in an R

TL : DR

Had an FN2, bad back made me sell, had an FN1, bad back made me sell, got CRV, back now much better, friend offered me his FN2 at mates rates so hoping to buy it soon depending how my back holds out on the test but will need to refresh suspension either way.
Farqui likes this.

Last edited by Cravo; 3rd December 2018 at 12:05.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd December 2018, 12:47
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 4,146 Times in 3,842 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
I'm glad to hear that you're back is feeling better and it's great news that you're tempted back to the FN2 - I hope your plan pans out.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd December 2018, 12:48 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Cheers Lee. You know from us chatting I do like to swap and change a lot but I dont feel like I ever get the most pleasure out of the FN2 cos of my glass back. Our lass just rolled her eyes when I told her and said to do what I want cos I will anyway lol.
Steverae and Farqui like this.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd December 2018, 13:30
Honda Man Steve

Car: 2007 FN1 Red (FN2 Clone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravo View Post
Cheers Lee. You know from us chatting I do like to swap and change a lot but I dont feel like I ever get the most pleasure out of the FN2 cos of my glass back. Our lass just rolled her eyes when I told her and said to do what I want cos I will anyway lol.

Hey mate, did not even know you had sold your type S..... glad your feeling better mate, are you going to add the custom side skirts to the type r ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd December 2018, 13:59 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Hi Steve, yea I will be modding externally as well aiming for full GP kit, Maxton front Splitter extension, DIY sidesteps, Fugen wing, Custom headlights but thats about it really thats big.
Steverae likes this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd December 2018, 14:13
Honda Man Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravo View Post
Hi Steve, yea I will be modding externally as well aiming for full GP kit, Maxton front Splitter extension, DIY sidesteps, Fugen wing, Custom headlights but thats about it really thats big.

Yep, sounds like your replicating my replica fn2 lol
I can put you in touch with a guy for your headlights, getting mine done as I type this, just waiting on a time to get em fitted, going twin projector hid with angel eyeís

When your ready to get your mods, drop me a message and Iíll put you in touch with the companies I bought my Maxton kit from

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd December 2018, 14:15 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

It might be the same guy haha, Cus Damn Light Worx or something off the top of my head. All I would have though is the DRL with the indicator pulse as the R has OEM HID's.

Just had a catch up with your thread, wow, thats changed bud! Last I saw it was just a white wrap, nicely done.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd December 2018, 18:41
Honda Man Steve

Thanks man. Yeah thatís the guy, but I know him as Stevo lol

He doesnít live that far from me, does a cracking job too

Thanks, yeah itís a bit different now, after last years trip to Mimms thinking Iíd be unique and realising I wasnít made me think, letís go nuts lol

So I did .....

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 15th January 2019, 16:49 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Well, my mate couldnt decide on what car to get so we agreed that if he found something he really wanted then dont worry about me and just trade it if they give him a good price, and he did, for an FK2 which is a proper machine, wow!!!

So I am back on the hunt, probably for a Type S instead, like I said originally only looked at his R because it was such a good deal and I knew how well he had looked after it.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 15th January 2019, 17:25
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 4,146 Times in 3,842 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page