Risks of putting mods on before remapping - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By musegroove
  • 1 Post By Bourbon Ron

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 8th February 2019, 19:30 Thread Starter
Supporter

Risks of putting mods on before remapping

Evening folks. Just a quick question. I've got 2011 ctr fn2 and have slowly accumulated a few choice engine mods to go on it which are all sat here waiting to be fitted. I've got a tegiwa 421 exhaust manifold, hoping to purchase a rrc inlet manifold as we speak and already have a gruppe m induction kit and full custom stainless exhaust system fitted. I'll get hold of a larger throttle body too. What I'm wondering is...Will it be safe to get all of the above fitted and steadily drive to tdi north for a remap or is it best to get it all done at tdi in one go?? Thanks in advance for your replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 8th February 2019, 22:17
250bhp.... finally :)

Car: 08 CTR, Milano Red
Will be fine but stay light on the throttle (as in no wide open throttle), keep the revs low (below 4k should be realistic) and no vtec.

I've had to wait several weeks for a tune / map tweak here and there and been fine when treating it gently.
Bones126 likes this.

Last edited by musegroove; 8th February 2019 at 22:19.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 9th February 2019, 06:17
Supporter

Garage
As Muse says, as long as you don't over rev it it should be fine for a short while. The problem you will have if left a long time is, the car usually runs weak with these mods so will eventually burn your valve seats out, then you start loosing compression and waste all of the above money.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 9th February 2019, 06:38 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for your replies gents. It's much appreciated. I've got a friend who runs his own garage and would rather pay labour at mates rates than the much higher prices that a tuning company would charge. I'm in the lucky position at the mo where I've got access to a company car to do my daily running around and commuting so the ctr can sit in the garage until it's booked in for it's remap. I'm really looking forward to the difference that the mods will make 🙂
Bones126 likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 9th February 2019, 13:27

If your mate has a garage, does he have a flatbed? Maybe you could move it to the tuning company on that, rather than drive it?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 9th February 2019, 19:19 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

He has got one yes. I'll see if it's something we can do once everything is fitted. Cheers.

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page