2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

What has it got and what will it make?

4K views 36 replies 11 participants last post by  flashy 
#1 ·
I'm bored waiting to get my Ep3 in for K100 and remap, just over four weeks to go.
I'll post the results up here, so for a bit of fun what do you think it has at the moment and what will it make?
Mods are Tegiwa m induction and 5zigen pro racer zz 2.5" catback. Fairly fresh millers nanodrive nt+ 5w40 oil and hamp shortie filter, air filter recently cleaned and valve clearance done about 6k miles ago.

My guess....
Before 204 bhp and 145 lbft.
After 218 bhp and 156 lbft with 25 bhp gain at 6k.

There are no prizes :laugh2:

#2 ·
Now, 210
After 225 with 30 bhp mid range gain :smile3:

#10 ·
200 and 219

Cos that's what mine was, ha

Reactions: Bones126
#11 ·
Well it made 190 before mapping and 195 after, it's about 20bhp down :crying:
Turns out the chain is slack, something I should have checked out before taking it for mapping. I'm going to replace the vtec solenoid gasket tomorrow as it may have some crap in it as there was a stutter before vtec. Have to say the k100 is great, a nice power surge after 4k right up to 8,500rpm. Booked it in for 23rd to have chain and tensioner done, then remapped >:)

#12 ·
Vtec solenoid gasket replaced, what a PITA with my ape arms :laugh2:
Been for a test drive and it pulls stronger, can't wait to have the chain done with final remap.

Attachments

#24 ·
For fun, if anybody is interested?

The RRC intake manifold (from the FD2) is being fitted on Saturday and the car map tweaked.
As it stands with just a 2.5" exhaust and tegiwa m intake it's making 215bhp and 155lbft.

I haven't found many builds where the intake manifold is upgraded without the exhaust manifold be swapped out first.

Well, what's it going to make?

I'm going to guess at 222bhp and 159lbft.

#25 ·
220.5 :)

#28 ·
I hope it's more for you, it will be interesting to see the difference it does make. I take it this will be tuned on the same dyno as last time?

#33 ·
Should be fine, I've run the bypass for 2 years with no issues and GM ram air pushing cold air in.

#35 ·
Not sure I did mate, wouldn't hurt though.

Reactions: flashy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.