• 3 Post By M8TJT
  • 5 Post By bill ericay
  • 1 Post By Mr_Frog
  • 1 Post By flashy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2019, 21:40 Thread Starter

Car: 2007 CTR, Black
Car got "Egged" any advice?

Hey Gents, yesterday after work i have seen a 4 tenenagers in a car throwing the rubbish out during driving, i have sound the horn, they show me their fingers, so when they stopped i have told them off... they racially abuse me, we exhange some f**cks and i carry on... they must follow me to where i live and this morning i found mixture of egg and some sort of cooking oil on my windscreen - i have stripped scuttle panel and clean it with isopropanol, motorcycle chain cleaner (de-greaser) and window cleaner - any advice what else i can use to prevent any possible smell? Now i can only smell some sort of oily hint, but i'm worried it will get worst with time?

Is there any point reporting this to police?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2019, 01:12
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Whate lovely individuals; If you can identify the vehicle may be worth logging it with 101 in the vain hope they get a tug from the police in future.

Did you just use cleaners? Could be worth giving a thoroug soaking down with water to get anything remaining - As long as it's off the paintwork.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2019, 08:48
Supporter

Car: 2010 FN2
*Definitely* report it to the police mate — the fact it was racially aggravated makes it far more serious in my eyes.
Mugen_fd2, Haltamer and Bones126 like this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2019, 09:23
Super Moderator

Car: 10G 1.5 Civic Prestige
The fact that it was 'racially aggravated' it seems it will pretty much ensure that the police will investigate.
nturnb, Mugen_fd2 and Bones126 like this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2019, 14:53
Supporter

Car: 2016 1.8 Sport Orchid White
Be careful. The above answers are correct in what you should do. But the R soles who vandalised your car know where you live now. The situation could escalate , and you will never get the protection or response from the police if anything else happens. My local police will do nothing unless you have cctv evidence.
You took the correct action by challenging them, and I congratulate you on that, but if it was me I would do nothing now and hope they find someone else to attack, or even better they manage to drive themselves over a cliff next time they're out !
nturnb, M8TJT, Mugen_fd2 and 2 others like this.
Thanks to bill ericay from:
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2019, 17:31 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2007 CTR, Black
That's right Bill - i like my car to much - next time they will do something worst - lets just hope they will have a head on crash with Scania truck... would be excellent if it's on foreign registration plates as well
And Police - i had a little demonstration what they can, when tried to report ebayer who sold me a stolen motorcycle engine - i have been told i need to definatelly be sure it's stolen and need to check it first... When i said that engine numbers are grinded off and seller failing to prove the purchase and source, they asked me how i know it's stolen when there is no numbers and i don't know from what vehicle it's coming... Only thanks to paypal i got my money back and can send back the engine.

BTW - i have overdone "cleaning" of my car by pouring whole bottle of Karl Lagerfeld perfumes over the scuttle panel... smells worst than perfume shop in Paris
Bones126 likes this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2019, 18:55
Super Moderator

Car: 10G 1.5 Civic Prestige
That's what they call over egging the smelly stuff.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2019, 19:25
Supporter

Car: '06 Cosmic Grey EP3 prem CTR
A fist?
He_Who_Is_T likes this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2019, 21:22
Supporter

Car: 2008 1.8 GT Type S
Egg and oil should come off with regular warm water and detergent.

If it's baked hard, just wet it and let it soak (in the shade in this weather), keep it wet and when thoroughly soaked it should start to wipe away.

Oil make take a few washes over just because it's good at using up the detergent power. However, you should get the vehicle squeeky clean in no time.
Thanks to RA108 from:

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page