Recall - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 24th January 2013, 19:39 Thread Starter

Car: 2010 Red GT
Recall

Honda picked my car up today to do the wiring loom recall which ive read about on here.
When the guy delivered it back he said they had also done the brake pedal recall at the same time, which I havent heard of.
Anyone else had this done and what was the fault as he didnt seem to be able to give me any details.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 24th January 2013, 19:46
Syx
#MrGrumpy

Car: 2008 2.2 CTS GT
Thanked 2,657 Times in 2,260 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Syx
Hmm, I remember there being a recall for handbrakes, but can't remember anything about brake pedals?
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 24th January 2013, 19:56 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thats what I thought. Perhaps the guy has got his wires crossed, he was a bit old and fuddled like me. Think I will ring them tomorrow.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 24th January 2013, 21:43
regrets his username

Car: 1.6 focus RS
Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,217 Posts
I can't believe you let them drive your R, they would of ragged that, did you note the average mpg
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 24th January 2013, 21:51 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweezle View Post
I can't believe you let them drive your R, they would of ragged that, did you note the average mpg
Lol im not stupid.
Apart from the fact the guy that collected it was knocking on the door for a bus pass, I left naff all fuel in it so if he had of ragged it he would have had to put some in and reset the trip.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 24th January 2013, 21:57

Garages often idle a car while working on it, I take no notice of the economy reading etc, a simple aircon service proves this, how can you check and re-gas etc without running the compressor??

Some garages may rag a car, I think its a minority of main dealers and I sure do not worry about it
Thanks to fordy from:
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 24th January 2013, 22:17 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Another way is to check the average speed. If its jumped up a lot then theres somthing a bit suss.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 25th January 2013, 08:23
regrets his username

My last 3 visits to my dealer I noticed lower fuel, mpg so 2wks ago was my service I wrote everything down before I handed my keys in and when I collected it I noticed straight away they had clocked up 5 miles, and the next morning I noticed they have had my fog light protectors away
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 25th January 2013, 09:17
Arfurs right hand man

Car: 1.8 Civic SE plus Auto 9th G
Garage
Quote:
My last 3 visits to my dealer I noticed lower fuel, mpg so 2wks ago was my service I wrote everything down before I handed my keys in and when I collected it I noticed straight away they had clocked up 5 miles, and the next morning I noticed they have had my fog light protectors away
Lower fuel and clocked up mileage?? My oh My , why didnt they use the "dont use any fuel or test run the car option" when servicing it??

"The next morning" you noticed it, not when you collected/they delivered??? MUST have been the dealer then.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 25th January 2013, 09:41
regrets his username

Why sarcasm?? I collected in the evening so was dark the car was parked nose in every other was reversed, my protectors were on when i dropped it off i have cctv at home nobody went near the car so doesn't take sherlock to work it out, 5 mile test run?? 1st visit last year full tank picked up was under, the average mpg was way down and a car very similar to mine was spotted in the was it you section when they had my car last year way out of the way from the dealership, Sorry must be my imagination.
I understand they test run but when the mpg is way down than normal only goes to show it was ragged, and in a minute im off to another garage to sort my oil out as they have overfilled it, so does this sound like a decent honda dealer to you

Last edited by dweezle; 25th January 2013 at 09:45.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 25th January 2013, 12:15
Arfurs right hand man

Garage
Quote:
Why sarcasm?? I collected in the evening so was dark the car was parked nose in every other was reversed, my protectors were on when i dropped it off i have cctv at home nobody went near the car so doesn't take sherlock to work it out, 5 mile test run?? 1st visit last year full tank picked up was under, the average mpg was way down and a car very similar to mine was spotted in the was it you section when they had my car last year way out of the way from the dealership, Sorry must be my imagination.
I understand they test run but when the mpg is way down than normal only goes to show it was ragged, and in a minute im off to another garage to sort my oil out as they have overfilled it, so does this sound like a decent honda dealer to you
As many people have stated here, it also shows that the car has been running and not going anywhere, which kills the avg consumption.
Why would the dealer nick your aftermarket fog light covers? don't you think they'd have better things to do? ragging customers cars for example?

you drop it off with a fukll tank and it comes back with less? mmm know any other cars that run on no fuel? your car will have been run to warm it up, thin out teh oil and make it a bit easier to drain when changing it.

time of the month it seems..........
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 25th January 2013, 12:18
Syx
#MrGrumpy

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Dan View Post
As many people have stated here, it also shows that the car has been running and not going anywhere, which kills the avg consumption.
Why would the dealer nick your aftermarket fog light covers? don't you think they'd have better things to do? ragging customers cars for example?

you drop it off with a fukll tank and it comes back with less? mmm know any other cars that run on no fuel? your car will have been run to warm it up, thin out the oil and make it a bit easier to drain when changing it.

time of the month it seems..........
I agree with the fact that the car has to be run - and five miles isn't a lot in terms of getting it warm etc.

However dealers aren't all as good as you think - I had mine serviced by a Honda dealer in the Midlands and as I got into the car noticed my Jelly Belly air freshener had disappeared.
Went back in immediately to find out what they'd done with it, and it had mysteriously found its way into a drawer...
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 25th January 2013, 12:31
Arfurs right hand man

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syx View Post
I agree with the fact that the car has to be run - and five miles isn't a lot in terms of getting it warm etc.

However dealers aren't all as good as you think - I had mine serviced by a Honda dealer in the Midlands and as I got into the car noticed my Jelly Belly air freshener had disappeared.
Went back in immediately to find out what they'd done with it, and it had mysteriously found its way into a drawer...
i'm not saying they are but on the other hand, there are 200 dealerships out there, they aren't all as bad as the few examples on here make out. read some of this stuff and you'd think that they were all branches of Kwik Fit. A majority of customers are happy, they would be otherwise the delaerships would be empty.

When you read the drivel from the last posters rant you'd think they were camped outside his house on some personal vendetta (they arent obviously as he'd have picked them up on his thermal imaging cctv or the guard dogs would have sniffed them out.....)

Last edited by NH Dan; 25th January 2013 at 12:32. Reason: spelling
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 25th January 2013, 12:35
Syx
#MrGrumpy

Eco display
Quote:
i'm not saying they are but on the other hand, there are 200 dealerships out there, they aren't all as bad as the few examples on here make out. read some of this stuff and you'd think that they were all branches of Kwik Fit. A majority of customers are happy, they would be otherwise the delaerships would be empty.

When you read the drivel from the last posters rant you'd think they were camped outside his house on some personal vendetta (they arent obviously as he'd have picked them up on his thermal imaging cctv or the guard dogs would have sniffed them out.....)
Fully understand where you're coming from - I just note that you often (understandably) jump to the defence of the dealer and just wanted to add some perspective.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 25th January 2013, 12:38
Arfurs right hand man

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syx View Post
Fully understand where you're coming from - I just note that you often (understandably) jump to the defence of the dealer and just wanted to add some perspective.
Its why i'm here, to put across the view from the other side of the fence. I don't need to see the perspective as i'm replying back to it.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 25th January 2013, 12:39
Syx
#MrGrumpy

Eco display
Quote:
Its why i'm here, to put across the view from the other side of the fence. I don't need to see the perspective as i'm replying back to it.
The "perspective" is that you're replying from the other side of your fence. Not that of all dealers.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 25th January 2013, 12:45
Arfurs right hand man

Garage
point taken however, I reply back from a sole employee at a dealers point of view, one amongst hundreds, in so much as a poster here posts from the point of view of one solitary service department customer out of thousands.

I know that the standards that we (dealers in general) try to adhere to are those set by the manufacturer and at last time of checking, didnt involve stealing customers property or ragging their cars.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 25th January 2013, 12:49
Syx
#MrGrumpy

Eco display
Quote:
point taken however, I reply back from a sole employee at a dealers point of view, one amongst hundreds, in so much as a poster here posts from the point of view of one solitary service department customer out of thousands.

I know that the standards that we (dealers in general) try to adhere to are those set by the manufacturer and at last time of checking, didnt involve stealing customers property or ragging their cars.
Completely agree - your one view is just as valid as the one view of any of us, you're just blessed with a little more insight into what is evidently a reputable dealership which gives you a more informed view.

Unfortunately as is highlighted time and again by various TV show investigations and exposés, not all dealerships (and I mean across all marques, not just Honda) adhere to the manufacturer's standards.
And you certainly can't be responsible for the actions of a PFY on a test drive... that's down to the individual.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 25th January 2013, 12:59
Arfurs right hand man

Garage
it's a bit like the news on tv. you'll never have a day where everything is ok, they always focus on the negative.
No-one would watch these TV shows if they said that everything was done correctly and they could recommend using a certain company, we all want to watch the show where the customer gets their pants pulled down and the half wit journo hack goes in with a false beard and eastern european accent and a tv crew lol
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 25th January 2013, 12:59
regrets his username

How is it drivel like you state not all dealers are bad but looks like I have one, and why would I lie about 15 quid fog protectors they went missing whilst the dealer had it end of, and average mpg to drop from 29 down to 23 on tick over your living in lala land. Oh and for a dealer to ask if my fn2 is the 5dr version just shows they aren't that clued up,
I honesty dont see what your problem is with what I wrote its common knowledge on here that some dealers are shocking, im not saying ALL dealers are bad, and as for the cctv comment whats that about something was missing off my car so before I blamed the dealer I checked the footage NO tampering so only option left was they went missing whilst the dealer had it be it misplaced during service and forgot to put them back on or could even be the lad that valeted the car took them off and forgot to put them back.,end of the day they went missing. Time of the mth or something

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page