A**e magnet??!! - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2013, 23:35 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 08 Type R GT
A**e magnet??!!

Was driving home tonight having been out for a bite to eat with the mrs. Theres a long straight on the way home.... so am doing maybe 70... few cars in distance.... as approach the roundabout the one in front turns out to be a scooby..gets to the roundabout which is lit ... he clocks the car.. next thing flash flash flash of the brakes and he shoots off from the roundabout.......I didnt bite and eventually caught him up at the next roundabout.... he broke his neck to see who was driving etc as he turned off. Few minutes later I pull up at a mini roundabout in the village where I live... theres an EP3 in front... he clocks the car and same again.. flash flash and off.... about a hundred yards up the road and he almost lost it on a bad bend.... Have had the odd bit f this before and will confess in my weaker moments have considered it but never twice in five minutes? Is it a saturday night thing? Or do our cars just attract idiots?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 00:10
SGP Fk8

Car: 2019 Civic Type R , SGP
Thanked 1,673 Times in 1,468 Posts
Garage
Our cars defo attract plums i get it loads
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 00:10
Supporter

Cool story bro.

Yes, type r's attract fuds.

Generally speaking.

Wife drives my ctr every now and then and comments on the unwanted attention compared to her type s, so it's not just our imagination.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 00:15 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 08 Type R GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyjon View Post
Cool story bro.

Yes, type r's attract fuds.

Generally speaking.

Wife drives my ctr every now and then and comments on the unwanted attention compared to her type s, so it's not just our imagination.
funny my mrs has an S as well and hates driving mine for this reason that and all the folks who flash their lights at her thinking its me!!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 00:20
GC

Car: 2016 FK2R - Crystal Black
A**e magnet??!!

Yep. It's like people have to try and prove they can keep up. I used to get really hot headed at times but now I've learned to just ignore it.
It's not like I'm driving a super car, and I don't care if you overtake either. Usually the small man syndrome or general oxygen thieves.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 01:06
Supporter

i blame that top gear bloke! ever since that inaccurate review he did everyone thinks that they can out perform us. i do love proving them wrong, especially on corners...that might make me be a bit of one myself?
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 03:48

Car: 2009 CTR GT, Albaster Silver
Eco display
If you can then do it as lOng ad your not putting people's lives at risk. I remember being behind a scooby estate, nothing in it apart from 1 car length. He was running over 280 bhp.

Due to my stupidity I have raced a few cars in the past and the only thing I can say is that none of the cars hat I've driven are as engaging as the fn2. It a cracking with the petformnance/handling and looks to match
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 08:18
regrets his username

Car: 1.6 focus RS
Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,217 Posts
Had an astra vxr do the same to me recently but he was behind me, my god they can't take corners, every bend I was hitting (well planted) I look in the mirror and their on the other side of the rd with the car leaning like mad, even slight bends they were line crossing in the end for his safety I eased off (even though I wasn't speeding). I'm afraid it happens all the time the type r is labelled boy racer fast car, with me it's not "boy racers" trying it on it's the idiots in their bmws audis or sheds and as my route is all twists they usually give up after the 3rd bend , if someone wants a race just drive normal and let them think their racing you it's their fuel their wasting
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 08:42
Type R GT Milano GP Kit

Car: 1997 Nissan Skyline R33
I get this on the autobahn as soon as I get to 146ish maxed out they eventually get past me cause some of the cars that are slow of the mark have more top end . Wish I could get 150-160 without spending to much and knackering the engine.

Last edited by Jeza; 3rd February 2013 at 08:44.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 08:51
Supporter

Car: 2009 Crystal Black CTR
Ive notice this since i got mine.....it seems to have got worse since i fitted the Tegiwa exhaust ,i now get all sorts trying it on, it must be the single outlet
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 09:15
regrets his username

Get the mugen spoiler, thats when you see cars overtaking just to catch you up, I even have cars overtaking me if im driving along with traffic ahead, it's like they need to overtake you and in traffic is the only way they can do it.
The best I find is when your leaving a 30 and I always do 30 till I hit the national speed limit sign (not speed up towards the end like most do) you then have to get up to speed and you have some plum trying to overtake you whilst slightly still in the 30 but because your accelerating they never do it and they then proceed to flash you for picking up speed after a 30 and then sit right on your rear because it's your fault they have turbo lag
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 09:25
Type R GT Milano GP Kit

Car: 1997 Nissan Skyline R33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweezle View Post
Get the mugen spoiler, thats when you see cars overtaking just to catch you up, I even have cars overtaking me if im driving along with traffic ahead, it's like they need to overtake you and in traffic is the only way they can do it.
The best I find is when your leaving a 30 and I always do 30 till I hit the national speed limit sign (not speed up towards the end like most do) you then have to get up to speed and you have some plum trying to overtake you whilst slightly still in the 30 but because your accelerating they never do it and they then proceed to flash you for picking up speed after a 30 and then sit right on your rear because it's your fault they have turbo lag
Lol
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 09:28

Car: 2008 CTR
Eco display Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweezle View Post
a bit off topic, but in our legislation, if someone is overtaking you (has signaled and engaged), you are required to "not speed up".
the fact that he's breaking the speed limit to overtake you has nothing to do with it - you're just putting both of your lives at risk by out-accelerating an overtaking vehicle.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 10:15
aka Colin

Car: 2008 CTR GT, Black
Thanked 1,494 Times in 1,388 Posts
get this loads in dublin, have even had it driving home from work in rush hour traffic, some right nobs about. and the laughable thing is, the kids trying to race me are driving beaten up 1.6 scoobys and old focus rs's that wouldnt even touch me..lol
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 10:26
regrets his username

I don't speed up because their overtaking im speeding up leaving the 30, not my fault if they think they can overtake even though they dont have the power, (I didn't mean I put my foot down and floor it) I mean normal acceleration to pick up speed. It happens most wks on the same stretch, if on coming traffic is coming im not that stupid to carry on I will brake and let them pass then flash them, my point is if you don't have the power and cant overtake a car thats picking up speed leaving a 30 dont overtake full stop.
I've been there myself and was seconds from a head on went to overtake a slow moving car and lorry (long straight) as I indicated the car in front pulls out cuts me up overtakes the lorry leaving me in the wrong gear, a car was booting it coming towards me and the car that cut me up sped up and refused to let me overtake it was literally inches, the people that go slow on purpose then actually floor it as your passing really winds me up, so now I leave early and rarely go above 60, no traffic on the rds and can get to work early and have a brew
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 10:44

Car: 2008 CTR
Eco display Eco display
@dweezle:
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 12:01
I'm going fast again!

Car: 2007 NHB Type-R GT
I don't really get annoyed by people like this. Is it mainly people that have cars modified from standard? Mines looks pretty normal so maybe I don't attract them for that reason.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 14:34

Car: 2008 Milano Red CTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosscoMac View Post
I don't really get annoyed by people like this. Is it mainly people that have cars modified from standard? Mines looks pretty normal so maybe I don't attract them for that reason.
Same.

Mine is standard apart from flashpro, and I dont have any cosmetic things added and I have only ever had one person try and race me in 3 years.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 14:50
Supporter

Car: 2007 2.2 EX, NHB
Maybe it was this guy

driving this

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2013, 15:46
On the sofa

Car: Fiesta ST2 & Focus ST2
I take it the second pic is one from your 'private' collection?

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page