Odd steering noises and window issues - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 4th March 2013, 23:00 Thread Starter

Car: CTR EP3
Odd steering noises and window issues

Hi everyone.

I purchased a 2008 Type R today but i'm a little bit (well a lot!) annoyed as the dealership i bought from weren't honest.. but that's nothing new i guess

1. They dealership (not a Honda dealership) had their own service center so did a full MOT for me, i didn't bother checking the test certificate until i got home. It has 2 advisory's: 1) under car cover not allowed all components under car to be checked. 2) engine cover not allowed all engine components to be checked.

My first thought is that these are excuses to cover known issues.

2. The car drove fine on the motor way home. However after having to beep at someone who cut me up i started to hear clicking noises when turning the wheel whilst the indicator was on. Every couple of inches that the wheel is turned whilst the indicator stork is active there is a "click" noise. It's similar to the auto-cancel click indicator noise, but not as distinct.

I'm hoping this isn't a steering rack issue

3. Both front windows seem to have issues. Stupidly i forgot to check the windows before i purchased. When either of the front windows go down the door panel pushes out very slightly at the top and then goes back in when the windows are back up.

Also, the passenger window squeaks and is very slow at going both up and down, it seems to be struggling.

Does anyone have any advice on these issues?

Thanks

Carl

Last edited by carlmf1987; 4th March 2013 at 23:04. Reason: typos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 4th March 2013, 23:04
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

Car: 56 plate 1.8 ES cosmic grey
Door panel movment, all civics do it......nothing to worry about

Clicking sound will most likely be the subframe, it's a known fault and the dealerships know how to fix it!

welcome to
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 4th March 2013, 23:07 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: CTR EP3
Thanks for your super quick reply

I will call the place i bought it from, make them sort it - it was 100 miles away so hopefully they will allow my local Honda place to sort it.

Thanks
Carl

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 5th March 2013, 09:55

Car: 2009 CTR, Championship White
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlmf1987 View Post
Thanks for your super quick reply

I will call the place i bought it from, make them sort it - it was 100 miles away so hopefully they will allow my local Honda place to sort it.

Thanks
Carl

Sorry to hear about your issues mate.
Personally, I dont think you will be able to take it elsewhere without seriously challenging as it will cost the dealership money unless the Honda garage is part of the same group that you bought your car from.

Civinfo > Civic Type R > Type-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page