First impressions 1.0SR CVT - Civinfo
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 1st April 2017, 12:14 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2018 1.5 Sport Plus CVT Red
First impressions 1.0SR CVT

First off, it is a magnificent piece of engineering, there is no doubt about that! There are plenty of people who think they're ugly, and even I wasn't entirely convinced from looking at photos, but in the metal and in a good colour they are not ugly at all. I chose Rallye Red, and although I don't normally care for red cars, this colour totally suits the new model.

Next, you would never believe it's a 1 litre, 3 cylinder engine. It feels and sounds like something much bigger. Because I'd only been able to test drive the 1.5, I was slightly concerned that the 1.0 would be like a food mixer or your Grandmothers vacuum cleaner. No way is it. I have the CVT and the way it has been set up means that when you accelerate the revs hold at around 3,000 and you're off like a rocket with this snarl coming from the engine, then as you ease off the pedal, the revs fall away and you're back to almost silent running. Honda make reference to the "strong linear acceleration" from the new CVT and they're not wrong about that. A CVT is nothing like a conventional automatic and you do have to drive it differently to get the best out of it. It takes a bit of getting used to that's all. I've had CVTs before so I know what to expect, but this one is different again and I can see how it's been tuned to make the most of the turbo vtec engine.

The ride is, from my point of view, fantastic. Finally a comfortable car! After years of being bounced and bashed around in cars that have suspension that feels like it's made of wood, the new Civic rides kind of like a limousine, you're cocooned and isolated from the horrors of British road surfaces, and this is a very welcome relief. Most modern cars have suspension that it far too stiff for British roads. Absolutely fine for a mirror smooth, purpose built test track in Germany, but bring them over here and it's another story. Frankly I blame professional reviewers for that. They are mostly what one would call "enthusiasts" therefore if any car they test won't go round a hairpin bend at 90 mph with no body roll, they don't like it, say it's dull to drive, and give it bad reviews. The manufacturers then go into a blind panic and stiffen everything up to please the "enthusiasts" forgetting that the effect for a normal, everyday driver on British roads is not going to be pleasant.

Something that always irritates me intensely is when you read a review of a car and it will say something like "when you want to press on, it doesn't do this or doesn't do that" or "at the apex of the curve the obtuse tetrahedral angle of the roll bar does't quite cut it and frankly, this car falls way short of the class best and keen drivers will be left wanting" Press on, PRESS ON?? Have these guys ever driven a car in the UK? It takes me an hour to drive the 7 miles to work. I sit and look wistfully at the 20 mph zone sign and wish I could get up to that sort of speed on any road in the South East.

Now something I'm very concerned about. This "collision mitigation" system that slams on the breaks if it detects an obstacle that it thinks your going to crash in to. A road I have to drive along every day has a significant bend at one point, and at the "elbow" of the bend there is a very large, old oak tree, a reasonable way back from the edge of the road, and of no danger to anyone. So, I'm driving down this road in my new Civic and get to this bend. The car thinks the tree is an obstacle, and because I haven't applied the breaks at all, because I absolutely don't need to, the car slams on the breaks and starts screaming warnings at me and the bloke behind nearly drives into the back of me.

I recover my composure and carry on, thinking that I'll take it on the motorway and see how it does there. A little ways down there are some works going on, and everything is going down to one lane. It was quite late last night, so there wasn't much traffic, and everyone was gradually moving over into the outside lane well in advance. We were all slowing down gradually and appropriately but my Civic decided that I wasn't slowing down quickly enough relative to the car in front and slams on the breaks! Once again the driver behind nearly went into the back of me and there was some hooting and shaking of fists from him. I will be turning this particular bit of safety kit off. Having nearly had my brand new car written of twice before I've even got to 20 miles on the clock, as a result of it's own safety system, I think this is one bit of "essential modern technology" that I can do without! A friend of mine has a Golf with this same kind of system. She was driving on the motorway and a plastic bag blew off the back of this lorry she was behind. The bag comes towards her car, the car thinks it's an obstacle, slams on the breaks, causes a 15 car pile up and two deaths. This is "safety" kit. I don't think so.

Other than that I really like this car so far. It's solid, comfortable, quiet (once up to speed) the steering feels just right to me, not too heavy, not too light, it's got plenty of power, and it handles really well. This is only my experience of the first day, so I need to live with the car and get used to it, but initial impressions, apart from the collision system, are very good. I told the salesman who was doing the hand over that the first thing I'll be doing is turning off the idle stop/start function! He threw his hands up in horror, "think of the environment" he cried "all that fuel you'll be wasting" "poor cyclists and pedestrians breathing your exhaust fumes" I said okay, I will at least try it.

It works like this. Start engine, drive to junction at exit from dealership, engine stops for the fraction of a second that you come to a halt and then starts again when you move off. You get to the petrol station, stop the car at the pump, engine goes off, move the gear selector to park, the engine starts again, then YOU have to turn the engine off because you do actually want it off. Fill up with petrol, start the engine, drive to the exit from the petrol station. Engine stops. Split second later, you need to go, engine starts again. You get home, you have to pull in and then reverse into your space. You pull in and stop, engine stops, you put the car into reverse, engine starts again. You reverse into your space and need to move forward to straighten up properly. Move forward and stop, engine stops, put the car into reverse again, engine starts again. Then you get into your space and stop, engine stops, then you move the lever into park, engine starts again, then you turn the engine off again yourself because you've finished driving. NO NO NO NO NO! This is not how it's going to be. All that probably saved about 2 atoms worth of fuel and drove me totally mad. From now on, engine will be started, override button will be pressed!
Kremmen, cb550, trilem and 7 others like this.
Thank You to Bonsai from 2 Users:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 1st April 2017, 12:40
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Car: 2018 Civic 1.0 SR Manual
Great review.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk
Bonsai likes this.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 1st April 2017, 12:58

I drove a hire car with start/stop (manual) and it only stopped the engine when the hand brake was on - it started again as soon as the clutch went in. It worked really well - is there no option to do something like this?
Bonsai likes this.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 1st April 2017, 13:02
Supporter

Car: 2009 EXGT auto, Audi TT 190
Everyone (I would think) who's driven good diesel turbo's (Civic 2.2, Alfa mjet etc) will love the pull through the rev range offered by these types.

Can't wait to experience similar from the Honda petrol turbo's with the bonus of some top end/higher rev range that the diesels can't achieve.
garryboy, Bonsai and Stonesie like this.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 1st April 2017, 13:19 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by foddy View Post
I drove a hire car with start/stop (manual) and it only stopped the engine when the hand brake was on - it started again as soon as the clutch went in. It worked really well - is there no option to do something like this?
Yes, a mate of mine has a manual with start/stop and they do exactly as you say, gear in neutral, foot off clutch, engine stops, so you have some control over it. Start/stop was never put on automatics before but now they've worked out how to do it, you come to a stop in the Civic auto, the engine stops, put your foot back on the accelerator, it starts again, or if you move the selector out of D to N or R, it starts again. For me, it's horrible, some people may love it! But when you're in very slow moving, stop/start traffic and you may only be stopped for a fraction of a second, the engine going off and on constantly like that is a total pain in the proverbial!
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 1st April 2017, 13:20

Car: 2019 Civic Sport 1.5 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai View Post
First off, it is a magnificent piece of engineering, there is no doubt about that! There are plenty of people who think they're ugly, and even I wasn't entirely convinced from looking at photos, but in the metal and in a good colour they are not ugly at all. I chose Rallye Red, and although I don't normally care for red cars, this colour totally suits the new model.

Next, you would never believe it's a 1 litre, 3 cylinder engine. It feels and sounds like something much bigger. Because I'd only been able to test drive the 1.5, I was slightly concerned that the 1.0 would be like a food mixer or your Grandmothers vacuum cleaner. No way is it. I have the CVT and the way it has been set up means that when you accelerate the revs hold at around 3,000 and you're off like a rocket with this snarl coming from the engine, then as you ease off the pedal, the revs fall away and you're back to almost silent running. Honda make reference to the "strong linear acceleration" from the new CVT and they're not wrong about that. A CVT is nothing like a conventional automatic and you do have to drive it differently to get the best out of it. It takes a bit of getting used to that's all. I've had CVTs before so I know what to expect, but this one is different again and I can see how it's been tuned to make the most of the turbo vtec engine.

The ride is, from my point of view, fantastic. Finally a comfortable car! After years of being bounced and bashed around in cars that have suspension that feels like it's made of wood, the new Civic rides kind of like a limousine, you're cocooned and isolated from the horrors of British road surfaces, and this is a very welcome relief. Most modern cars have suspension that it far too stiff for British roads. Absolutely fine for a mirror smooth, purpose built test track in Germany, but bring them over here and it's another story. Frankly I blame professional reviewers for that. They are mostly what one would call "enthusiasts" therefore if any car they test won't go round a hairpin bend at 90 mph with no body roll, they don't like it, say it's dull to drive, and give it bad reviews. The manufacturers then go into a blind panic and stiffen everything up to please the "enthusiasts" forgetting that the effect for a normal, everyday driver on British roads is not going to be pleasant.

Something that always irritates me intensely is when you read a review of a car and it will say something like "when you want to press on, it doesn't do this or doesn't do that" or "at the apex of the curve the obtuse tetrahedral angle of the roll bar does't quite cut it and frankly, this car falls way short of the class best and keen drivers will be left wanting" Press on, PRESS ON?? Have these guys ever driven a car in the UK? It takes me an hour to drive the 7 miles to work. I sit and look wistfully at the 20 mph zone sign and wish I could get up to that sort of speed on any road in the South East.

Now something I'm very concerned about. This "collision mitigation" system that slams on the breaks if it detects an obstacle that it thinks your going to crash in to. A road I have to drive along every day has a significant bend at one point, and at the "elbow" of the bend there is a very large, old oak tree, a reasonable way back from the edge of the road, and of no danger to anyone. So, I'm driving down this road in my new Civic and get to this bend. The car thinks the tree is an obstacle, and because I haven't applied the breaks at all, because I absolutely don't need to, the car slams on the breaks and starts screaming warnings at me and the bloke behind nearly drives into the back of me.

I recover my composure and carry on, thinking that I'll take it on the motorway and see how it does there. A little ways down there are some works going on, and everything is going down to one lane. It was quite late last night, so there wasn't much traffic, and everyone was gradually moving over into the outside lane well in advance. We were all slowing down gradually and appropriately but my Civic decided that I wasn't slowing down quickly enough relative to the car in front and slams on the breaks! Once again the driver behind nearly went into the back of me and there was some hooting and shaking of fists from him. I will be turning this particular bit of safety kit off. Having nearly had my brand new car written of twice before I've even got to 20 miles on the clock, as a result of it's own safety system, I think this is one bit of "essential modern technology" that I can do without! A friend of mine has a Golf with this same kind of system. She was driving on the motorway and a plastic bag blew off the back of this lorry she was behind. The bag comes towards her car, the car thinks it's an obstacle, slams on the breaks, causes a 15 car pile up and two deaths. This is "safety" kit. I don't think so.

Other than that I really like this car so far. It's solid, comfortable, quiet (once up to speed) the steering feels just right to me, not too heavy, not too light, it's got plenty of power, and it handles really well. This is only my experience of the first day, so I need to live with the car and get used to it, but initial impressions, apart from the collision system, are very good. I told the salesman who was doing the hand over that the first thing I'll be doing is turning off the idle stop/start function! He threw his hands up in horror, "think of the environment" he cried "all that fuel you'll be wasting" "poor cyclists and pedestrians breathing your exhaust fumes" I said okay, I will at least try it.

It works like this. Start engine, drive to junction at exit from dealership, engine stops for the fraction of a second that you come to a halt and then starts again when you move off. You get to the petrol station, stop the car at the pump, engine goes off, move the gear selector to park, the engine starts again, then YOU have to turn the engine off because you do actually want it off. Fill up with petrol, start the engine, drive to the exit from the petrol station. Engine stops. Split second later, you need to go, engine starts again. You get home, you have to pull in and then reverse into your space. You pull in and stop, engine stops, you put the car into reverse, engine starts again. You reverse into your space and need to move forward to straighten up properly. Move forward and stop, engine stops, put the car into reverse again, engine starts again. Then you get into your space and stop, engine stops, then you move the lever into park, engine starts again, then you turn the engine off again yourself because you've finished driving. NO NO NO NO NO! This is not how it's going to be. All that probably saved about 2 atoms worth of fuel and drove me totally mad. From now on, engine will be started, override button will be pressed!
Yes it is one hell of a good car even with the 1ltr engine in it and the CVT that's two satisfied owners now then .
jamesmckelvie and Bonsai like this.

Last edited by Nowell; 1st April 2017 at 13:41.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 1st April 2017, 13:21 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb550 View Post
Everyone (I would think) who's driven good diesel turbo's (Civic 2.2, Alfa mjet etc) will love the pull through the rev range offered by these types.

Can't wait to experience similar from the Honda petrol turbo's with the bonus of some top end/higher rev range that the diesels can't achieve.
This 1.0 is very diesel like, I was surprised and very impressed with the low down pull, this is a really good engine!
cb550 and jamesmckelvie like this.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 1st April 2017, 13:38

Quote:
Yes, a mate of mine has a manual with start/stop and they do exactly as you say, gear in neutral, foot off clutch, engine stops, so you have some control over it. Start/stop was never put on automatics before but now they've worked out how to do it, you come to a stop in the Civic auto, the engine stops, put your foot back on the accelerator, it starts again, or if you move the selector out of D to N or R, it starts again. For me, it's horrible, some people may love it! But when you're in very slow moving, stop/start traffic and you may only be stopped for a fraction of a second, the engine going off and on constantly like that is a total pain in the proverbial!
All you have to do is press a button next to the gear lever to turn it off .
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 1st April 2017, 14:43 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

When I saw that the new Civic came with a 1.0 3 cylinder I couldn't help but think back to the last car I had with a similar engine, but this was a Fiesta 1.1 LX CVT. It had 4 cylinders, it had 45 bhp. If there was even the slightest waft of a head wind on the motorway it wouldn't do 70mph, it just wouldn't. The engine sounded like a bag of nails in a tumble dryer and the CVT sounded like a Kenwood Chef. 0 to 60 times, not that I care about such things, could be measured in minutes rather than seconds, and all in all, this car was pure evil spawned from the depths of Hell.

All I would say to anyone who has doubts, forget them right now. This Honda 1.0 is from another dimension compared to what may have gone before. The CVT too is quick, responsive and it's been tuned to get the best from the engine. When you accelerate off and you're hearing the snarling RAAAAAAAAA sound, more like an F1 race engine, and your little dangling magic tree air freshener is horizontal, you'll know that you've got something rather special in the engine bay!
Nowell likes this.
Thanks to Bonsai from:
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 1st April 2017, 14:44 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowell View Post
All you have to do is press a button next to the gear lever to turn it off .
Yeah, that's exactly what I do now. No more problems
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 1st April 2017, 19:50

Quote:
Yeah, that's exactly what I do now. No more problems
Are you happy with the mpg .
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 1st April 2017, 23:15

Car: 2017 1.5T Sport +
Garage
Quote:
Yes, a mate of mine has a manual with start/stop and they do exactly as you say, gear in neutral, foot off clutch, engine stops, so you have some control over it.
Actualy I like the system on a manual. Turn on Brake Hold, put it in neutral and relax
If I don't want the engine to stop I just leave it in 1st with the clutch pressed.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2017, 00:05

Car: 2012 1.8 5 door,White Orchid
First impressions 1.0SR CVT

Great review on the 1L turbo, sounds like a cracker of an engine, the car seems more fun to drive and the ride comfort improved but it seems the idle stop / start implementation could be improved and aspects of Honda Sensing are obstrusive and possibly dangerous depending on the circumstances (as would similar systems on other car makes). I won't have to disable them on the car I'm thinking of getting (a 1.5L turbo hatch with CVT) as idle stop / start is unavailable in my market and Honda Sensing is only offered on the next (top level) trim level. I've driven the 1.5L turbo sedan with CVT recently but felt that the throttle mapping could be better; in low speed stop / start traffic or when crawling forward, if you pressed the throttle slightly too hard to fill up the gap in front, the car would surge forward and almost hit the car in front. I wonder if the aforementioned behaviour is a characteristic of CVT gearboxes in general? In normal driving you'd only need to feather and gently modulate the throttle to get good progress; such is the decent amount of useable torque in the 1.5L turbo. I would love to try a 1L 3 cylinder turbo hatch with CVT but we have a 1.8L NA 4 cylinder with CVT instead for the lower trims (sedan and hatch, a manual transmission is unavailable for our market - regardless of engine choice). Having owned two Hondas with the 1.8L, I would like a turbo car next time (for the more accessible torque). The major annoyance with the 1.8L NA is absence of low end torque, and not much mid range torque. This torque deficit can catch you unawares in some situations; you mash the pedal to the floor (in the 5AT) and if kickdown is not activated, the progress is usually leisurely. I have an idea of what the 1.8L and CVT combo is like to drive (as in our market HRV); it somehow gives the "ancient" 1.8L NA engine a new lease of life as the CVT appears to maximise torque at any road speed. What I do like about the 1.5L turbo Civic with CVT is that if you drive gently the car is very refined and smooth (however the Jazz based engine note is boring and sounds "cheap"). Once you floor the throttle in the CVT the RPM surges up and the engine gets very loud and destroys the usual lovely refinement of the car. It's like the bonnet lid underside is missing the sound dampening material. Good thing that in everyday driving you almost never need to mash the throttle in the 1.5L turbo. The CVT on the Civic is different to the implementation in a Jazz, HRV, CRV as it attempts to emulate a normal autobox "shifting" (up/down) when you depress the throttle hard but you still know that it is not a normal auto transmission so you have to work with (and get used to) it. Notwithstanding the minor flaws of the car, I still want to get one. The only other cars on my shortlist are the Golf TSI 7.5 update base trim or a Mazda 3 2.5L NA. I feel that the 10G Civic (especially in hatch form) has the best blend of reliability, practicality, styling, power, roominess, features, overall refinement, steering responsiveness, handling, build quality, cabin materials used and ride comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bonsai likes this.

Last edited by Vti07; 2nd April 2017 at 00:56.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2017, 06:01
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
That collision mitigation sounds dreadful if it thinks a roadside tree is a problem.

It also sounds like the start/stop is a bit overkill.

2 things to turn off before each journey which is a shame. I wonder how many rear end shunts will get posted here when the driver behind isn't awake.

You mention shaking of fists. I used to get that with the iShift when it changed from 1st to 2nd and completely cut power for a few seconds.
Bonsai likes this.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2017, 09:28

Car: 2017 1.5T Sport +
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremmen View Post
That collision mitigation sounds dreadful if it thinks a roadside tree is a problem.

2 things to turn off before each journey which is a shame. I wonder how many rear end shunts will get posted here when the driver behind isn't awake.
You can change the distance it reacts to in the vehicle settings
I didn't have any problems driving mine.
Kremmen likes this.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2017, 11:35 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vti07 View Post
Great review on the 1L turbo, sounds like a cracker of an engine, the car seems more fun to drive and the ride comfort improved but it seems the idle stop / start implementation could be improved and aspects of Honda Sensing are obstrusive and possibly dangerous depending on the circumstances (as would similar systems on other car makes). I won't have to disable them on the car I'm thinking of getting (a 1.5L turbo hatch with CVT) as idle stop / start is unavailable in my market and Honda Sensing is only offered on the next (top level) trim level. I've driven the 1.5L turbo sedan with CVT recently but felt that the throttle mapping could be better; in low speed stop / start traffic or when crawling forward, if you pressed the throttle slightly too hard to fill up the gap in front, the car would surge forward and almost hit the car in front. I wonder if the aforementioned behaviour is a characteristic of CVT gearboxes in general? In normal driving you'd only need to feather and gently modulate the throttle to get good progress; such is the decent amount of useable torque in the 1.5L turbo. I would love to try a 1L 3 cylinder turbo hatch with CVT but we have a 1.8L NA 4 cylinder with CVT instead for the lower trims (sedan and hatch, a manual transmission is unavailable for our market - regardless of engine choice). Having owned two Hondas with the 1.8L, I would like a turbo car next time (for the more accessible torque). The major annoyance with the 1.8L NA is absence of low end torque, and not much mid range torque. This torque deficit can catch you unawares in some situations; you mash the pedal to the floor (in the 5AT) and if kickdown is not activated, the progress is usually leisurely. I have an idea of what the 1.8L and CVT combo is like to drive (as in our market HRV); it somehow gives the "ancient" 1.8L NA engine a new lease of life as the CVT appears to maximise torque at any road speed. What I do like about the 1.5L turbo Civic with CVT is that if you drive gently the car is very refined and smooth (however the Jazz based engine note is boring and sounds "cheap"). Once you floor the throttle in the CVT the RPM surges up and the engine gets very loud and destroys the usual lovely refinement of the car. It's like the bonnet lid underside is missing the sound dampening material. Good thing that in everyday driving you almost never need to mash the throttle in the 1.5L turbo. The CVT on the Civic is different to the implementation in a Jazz, HRV, CRV as it attempts to emulate a normal autobox "shifting" (up/down) when you depress the throttle hard but you still know that it is not a normal auto transmission so you have to work with (and get used to) it. Notwithstanding the minor flaws of the car, I still want to get one. The only other cars on my shortlist are the Golf TSI 7.5 update base trim or a Mazda 3 2.5L NA. I feel that the 10G Civic (especially in hatch form) has the best blend of reliability, practicality, styling, power, roominess, features, overall refinement, steering responsiveness, handling, build quality, cabin materials used and ride comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for this, very interesting indeed! I was just about to post a thread about the throttle mapping because I felt there may be something wrong with my CVT! Moving away from rest with very light and gentle throttle input, all is fine, but as you say, if you press the accelerator just slightly further, it suddenly launches off with the revs going immediately up to 3,000 and you're pinned back in your seat and heading very quickly towards the car in front. I guess then that there isn't anything wrong with mine, that's just the way they are. That's the thing with a CVT you really have to get to know it and learn how to drive it. Yesterday I felt I was getting to know mine a bit better and I was managing to avoid suddenly racing off, you just need really light throttle inputs and let it kind of "catch up" with itself, then if you apply a little more acceleration you can make smooth progress without a screaming engine. It does take practice though, and I can understand people who say they hate CVTs! However, once you've learned how to master them and got to know your car and how it responds, I think they are really good transmissions.
Thanks to Bonsai from:
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2017, 11:37
Supporter

Car: 2017 EX 1.0 Manual
Garage
Quote:
A friend of mine has a Golf with this same kind of system. She was driving on the motorway and a plastic bag blew off the back of this lorry she was behind. The bag comes towards her car, the car thinks it's an obstacle, slams on the breaks, causes a 15 car pile up and two deaths.
This is terrible. Does anyone know the outcome of any investigation that's taken place into this accident? Clearly this technology needs more time to mature if it poses such a great safety risk.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2017, 11:57 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicCliff View Post
This is terrible. Does anyone know the outcome of any investigation that's taken place into this accident? Clearly this technology needs more time to mature if it poses such a great safety risk.
I believe it's ongoing, but from what she's said, VW don't want to know. Amazingly, her car wasn't badly damaged and she's still got it having had it repaired, but she's terrified of driving it, understandably.
jamesmckelvie likes this.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2017, 12:01 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowell View Post
Are you happy with the mpg .
Bit early to tell on a brand new engine, but the computer is saying average of 39.6 so far and that seems to be going up every time I drive. Will probably be more accurate once it's got a few thousand miles on it.
jamesmckelvie likes this.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2017, 12:13
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Car: 2018 Civic 1.0 SR Manual
Quote:
Bit early to tell on a brand new engine, but the computer is saying average of 39.6 so far and that seems to be going up every time I drive. Will probably be more accurate once it's got a few thousand miles on it.
What kind of driving style is this? round town, over 3K rpm?

Civinfo > 10th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2017 - ) > User Reviews (10G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page