3Likes
  • 3 Post By stomper

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 3rd January 2019, 19:17 Thread Starter

Car: 2016 Civic Sport Alab Silver
2016 Civic Sport i-dtec

I thought Iíd set up a thread about recent acquisition

Alabaster silver 1.6 I-dtec sport navi

Picked up as a one owner car with relatively high miles (47k) but first owner had sat on the motorway and the car overall is in very good condition, minimal stone chips on front end so wasnít too put off. The car has two years left on its 5 year servicing plan and negotiated a 4 year extended warranty.

Having come across from VW stable Iím very impressed with the build quality, no rattles/squeaks at all, very well screwed together.

The main reason for buying this particular model is the looks coupled with a ridiculously efficient engine as majority of my mileage is on the motorway and so far it has not disappointed.

Couple of snaps:-

All Iíve really done so far is given the wheels a good clean and wax to bring back the gloss black and deep cleaned the interior, treating all plastics with poorboys trim restorer. Will be washing and waxing the bodywork when I get a chance.

So far Iíve done 350 miles mainly on motorway and dual carriageway, although some in town and single carriageway stuff. Iím planning to do a bit of experimenting over the next few tanks with different speeds and econ button on/off so will report back in due course.

First tank Iím seeing how economical the car can be, 60mph on motorway with cruise where possible, economy button on. Average on tank so far is 69mpg, highest figure of 83mpg on a 60mile motorway run (both on computer not calculated) On course to do circa 720 miles on a tank indicated.

Iím pretty blown away that the car comes close to its official numbers.

Free road tax is great aswell.

Other first impressions:-

Ignition key location and angle sticks out a little too far for me, probably need to have a play with seat/wheel adjustment to refine

Engine is quite coarse at idle but does quieten down when underway, very quiet cruising on motorway

Lack of spare wheel is a little annoying but I get Honda assistance with the warranty so not too fussed

Media player is intuitive and well laid out

Comments welcome!
Farqui, diadulia and Lawley76 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 3rd January 2019, 21:43
Dutch

Car: 2015 Sport 1.6 sporty blue
Garage
Nice car mate! Welcome
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 3rd January 2019, 22:18

Garage
Congrats! Excellent color.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 4th January 2019, 00:32
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stomper View Post
Lack of spare wheel is a little annoying but I get Honda assistance with the warranty so not too fussed
You should have plenty of space in the sub boot for a space saver spare.
In mine, I've laid in the space saver spare in the space available, without any foam holder / bolts. Padded out with a small cleaning kit and bottled water on the left, and blankets, power inverter and power bar and other odds and ends on the right.

There's enough space at the back to squeeze in a full bulb kit too.

Wheel is inside upside down, allowing its use as a bowl to maximise space....

Hang on a minute, It'd be easier if I showed you
(Sorry about the dodgy orientation!)

The spare wheel was ~£60 from Gumtree? they pop up on the forum etc. fairly regularly.
As for the quantity of boxcutters in the boot, I needed a cigar cutter on short notice and grabbed them in poundland

There's plenty of extra space in the sub boot given the squishy nature of most of the filler, to prevent rattles, so you could quite easily pop in a set of jump leads and other such rescue equipment.

Need to add an entrenching tool to the kit; Some of the smaller parts that are very useful are the large plastic bags should you need to get under the car / kneel around the car in nasty conditions, the all weather mats are vital for muddy passengers, and in the even of bogging down, could feasibly be used as traction mats as they've got a very pointy underside to hold onto the car carpet.

Last edited by Haltamer; 4th January 2019 at 00:36.
Thanks to Haltamer from:
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 4th January 2019, 16:30 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for all the comments and especially to Haltamer for the video and detail of how much you can fit in the sub-boot!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 17th January 2019, 13:30 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Small update, now into third tank. Got 600 first tank mainly in eco mode and 580 on second tank without eco mode enabled. Both times I filled up with about the same miles to empty region (80 miles left on range) So averaging a true 65 mpg which is great given the temperatures.

Computer mpg is out by about 3-4mpg which isn't too bad

Couple of minor niggles I have found (widely reported by others on this forum) but accepted:-

- annoying having to accept the head unit terms every time you turn the car on

- side windows in this weather get filthy very quickly!!

All in all though I am still very pleased the car, it is comfortable, well specced and has reassured handling in all conditions.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12th February 2019, 20:43

Hiya pal. I'm picking up my 66 plate i-dtec sport in red on Friday. Can't wait to have a good blast in it... Can you tell me what those area's / look like sensors in windscreen are for ? I looked at the headlamp / wiper stalk and couldn't see auto on them. What are they for ?? Cheers
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12th February 2019, 20:44

Looks superb pal
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12th February 2019, 21:07
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawley76 View Post
Can't wait to have a good blast in it... Can you tell me what those area's / look like sensors in windscreen are for ? I looked at the headlamp / wiper stalk and couldn't see auto on them. What are they for ?? Cheers
Have a look here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/634160...7673159041265/ - That's your full list of specifications.

I've got the full sensor array on my SE+; On the top trims they cater for:
LKAS (Lane Keep Assist)
HBA (High Beam Assist)
TSR (Traffic Sign Recognition)
Forward Collision Warning
Auto Headlights
Auto Wipers
CTBA (City Brake Active; Emergency braking system)

As you've got the sport trim, you only get CTBA out of the above - Useful though, as it can save you from rearending things.

The SE+ Trim has CTBA, auto headlights and wipers; Everything else is reserved for the SR Trim!

As for the drive; find a twisty road and enjoy it - When in doubt, flat out, keep your foot in under all circumstances
In all seriousness, with some warmer weather on the way and some nice tyres, you'll find the car lovely and pointy; Whilst some disparage electronic power steering, I find it wonderfully light and direct, making the car very easy to point and precisely adjust with small inputs - In the warmer weather, you really can lean on the grip - As implied above though; Keep track of the rear end, it's a torsion beam, so it won't behave nicely if you strike a pothole with the rear end mid-corner; and it works best when slightly loaded up; Even with the 1.4 it's an absolute hoot to rev out along country lanes.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12th February 2019, 21:14
Supporter

Car: 2019 Sport Line 1.0
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawley76 View Post
Hiya pal. I'm picking up my 66 plate i-dtec sport in red on Friday. Can't wait to have a good blast in it... Can you tell me what those area's / look like sensors in windscreen are for ? I looked at the headlamp / wiper stalk and couldn't see auto on them. What are they for ?? Cheers
Hi @Lawley76 , if you mean the sensor behind the rear view mirror then that's for the emergency city braking which works at anything up to 20mph I think it is. I had a 2016 i-DTEC Sport from new until a couple of weeks ago and I can confirm they don't have auto lights or wipers.

You'll be happy with it though I'm sure, great looking cars, well built, handle well enough and fast enough for a little fun when you want it and generally fantastic fuel economy. Enjoy!

Last edited by jasperctr; 12th February 2019 at 21:39.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12th February 2019, 21:20

Cheers for the info guys. Can't wait for Friday 👍

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > User Reviews (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page